Macross Cosplay

Commander McBride

I found these at deviant art, best Sheryl ever IMO...

Cosplay__Macross_Frontier_by_Adella.jpg

Cosplay__MacrossF_Group_by_Adella.jpg

Cosplay__Sheryl_Nome_Star_Date_by_Adella.jpg

Cosplay__Sheryl_Nome_by_Adella.jpg

Thanks to Adella :)

ROFL!!! I almost forgot about her. Adella (not her real name) is awesome- I've known her for fart, 10 years now. Hell, she was at my Basic Military Graduation 8 years ago. Awesome girl, miss hanging out with her. :\

ROFL!!! I almost forgot about her. Adella (not her real name) is awesome- I've known her for fart, 10 years now. Hell, she was at my Basic Military Graduation 8 years ago. Awesome girl, miss hanging out with her. :\

There's a shock. It seems no one goes by their real name anymore. I've never understood that. :rolleyes:

There's a shock. It seems no one goes by their real name anymore. I've never understood that. :rolleyes:

Well I used to hang around with a cosplayer who went by Eiko even tho she was Romanian/Spanish XD

And then my GF chooses to go by Kristie even though her real name is nowhere close...

nobody uses their real name, nobody likes theirs enough.

I just checked out her site. Likes anime, likes my kind music, is creative and is pretty. I think I'm in love. :wub: :wub: :wub:

ROFL. Well I'm talking to her right now if you want me to pass the word on. :lol:

This is GARrest Ozma.

Now that's how you make a SMS jacket in leather. Awesome shot.

I just got home from working on my own (in cotton/poly ^_^). I find it interesting that so many went for a leather/vinyl look when none of the animation suggests it. It can look good if done well I suppose. I'm more shocked and a little placated by the fact that nobodies gotten the length right, even the sleeves. All of one appeared to shorted the sleeves. The jacket length I get (even I'm keeping the length), but the sleeves are a tad surprising.

I'm modding a jacket I got at a thrift shop for four bucks. I'm adding about six dollars worth (less if you only count the cut material) of red polyester. I just attached the side panels tonight. It was a pain to get both sides to match up, but I think I did the best I could. I'm amazed we were able to machine sew it. I murdered the three pockets of the jacket though. No biggie. I also printed out the patches on cotton iron-ons and will sew them on in case I ever get ahold of the real things.

It too won't be 100% accurate due to the jacket being used (though can one complain with 4 dollars). There's no chest pocket (I may fake it), and no collar strap (yet). There's a decorative overlap on the byline of the jacket, but I don't think it kills it. Animation omits details after all. I'm going to try to shorten the sleeves. There's a snap overlap for the zipper, but I think I can incorporate it well. It may not be perfect, but it'll be damn close, and at a mere 20 or so dollar investment, a nice bargain.

This is my second Macross costume, after Max. I'll post pics if anyone's interested. I hope to finish it by tomorrow.

Good deal. Also passed on the love to Adella. ROFL, I'm at work so I don't have access to photosharing at work but when I get home I'll have to post some of the older pics of her wearing my old BDU top. It's amusing.

On a sidenote, I was joking with her and said I might go to a Con in the future (pending free time and money), and if so I'll dress like Zero Roy Focker since (once again, due to being military) I have a real Flight Suit and would just need to get some velcro patches custom made (Flight Suit patches are always velcro for ease of removal in the event of being shot down in order to conceal unit and what-not, as well as for ease of cleaning).

I think it'd go over well since I already have the Roy Focker look minus the longer hair.

I finished the bottom lining for the most part, and began work on the side stripes. I've decided to basically sew the over flap down as 2 inches was too wide to keep it screen accurate. It should be done by tomorrow. It's looking pretty sharp so far. The Mihoshi Academy shirt as well. Though I still need a front patch...

I finished the bottom lining for the most part, and began work on the side stripes. I've decided to basically sew the over flap down as 2 inches was too wide to keep it screen accurate. It should be done by tomorrow. It's looking pretty sharp so far. The Mihoshi Academy shirt as well. Though I still need a front patch...

Definitely post some pics when you get some. Eventually I'll get around to having Roy Focker's patches made up (Skull Squadron and Asuka-II Carrier patches, as well as name patch). I'll post pics when that happens.

Sidenote, and only because I was "directed" to by Adella- "DON'T FORGET TO MENTION WE KISSED LIKE FOREVER AGO!" Don't ask. Long story but she was at my Basic Training Graduation back in 2000. Back in the day when things were simple. :|

Definitely post some pics when you get some. Eventually I'll get around to having Roy Focker's patches made up (Skull Squadron and Asuka-II Carrier patches, as well as name patch). I'll post pics when that happens.

Sidenote, and only because I was "directed" to by Adella- "DON'T FORGET TO MENTION WE KISSED LIKE FOREVER AGO!" Don't ask. Long story but she was at my Basic Training Graduation back in 2000. Back in the day when things were simple. :|

You're trying to make me jealous aren't ya? Well it worked. <_<

;)

i need to order a second patch, forgot the frontier 25 insignia is on both shoulders...wonder why it isnt on one shoulder and skull on the other?

I need to think about the fabrics I want to use, yes, black and red, however quality is the issue...I though faux leather, but itll be hot wearing it, and red is difficult to find.

Guess I wll just need to find either someone to make it or pay the mother figure a hefty amount, though some reason she hates doing this stuff.

Thanks a lot. Hopefully I'll have time to whip up something in GIMP. It looks like most fans are just guessing as well. No official image it seems, and the quality fluctuates heavily from shot to shot... I've got the stars already. The pic should help. Maybe I should look at more cosplay pics for concepts.

Well, that shot is of the "official" shirt they're making, so I figure they got the specs from the production team etc.

Indeed? Well, then that'll do as best as any then. Thanks to your pic, I whipped these up. They're not perfect, but they're something.

I made an alternate with the school name on it. The scroll work just looked like it needed something. I know its not canon, but it makes some sense. Which do you guys think looks better? I've got a vote for the name version from a friend so far.

post-1202-1222253948_thumb.png

post-1202-1222253983_thumb.png

Naturally, anyone who wishes to use these may. Just give credit when needed.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Indeed? Well, then that'll do as best as any then. Thanks to your pic, I whipped these up. They're not perfect, but they're something.

I made an alternate with the school name on it. The scroll work just looked like it needed something. I know its not canon, but it makes some sense. Which do you guys think looks better? I've got a vote for the name version from a friend so far.

post-1202-1222253948_thumb.png

post-1202-1222253983_thumb.png

Naturally, anyone who wishes to use these may. Just give credit when needed.

The version with the name looks more natural though I am tempted to say that perhaps a different, more scholarly (old english) font may be in order...

I'm on a newer computer, so I don't have a full range of fonts yet. I'll grab some more fonts and mess around with it, but it does indeed look more natural.

EDIT

Something like this?

post-1202-1222314835_thumb.png

I'm being lazy and buying the Cospa shirt.

Just hope Japanese XL will fit me... will it?

I'm 195cm (about 6 foot, 2 inches) and while I'm not fat - or at least...I don't think I'm fat...that is - I have a fast metabolism, so I tend to bloat after meals but then quickly regain a good waste in hours... still... will XL fit me?

nice work on the patches and respect to you guys for working on your own shirt.

Pete

nice work on the patches and respect to you guys for working on your own shirt.

Pete

Thanks. Though when one factors that making the shirt, as long as one doesn't mind the absence of side buttons, cost me a mere ten dollars (five of it for the stars, so only five otherwise), compared to 90 bucks, it's a no-brainer.

Any final thoughts on which patch to use. I need to make it by tonight.

Jacket is done barring some handstitching to finish it. Aside for some limited arm movement, it looks bloody awesome.