Macross Cosplay

Commander McBride

Here's what I've been working on for the past month.

(Painted & Unpainted same armor)

This was my first experience making something like this. It is not complete, needs some more adjustments and I need to repaint an entire section. Proportions are not anime accurate. From across the room it looks pretty good. Less than 3 feet away not so much. Learned a lot making it. I have plenty of materials left and plan to start again and make an improved one.

post-242-0-81191200-1426975485_thumb.jpg

post-242-0-54797400-1426975568_thumb.jpg

This was my first experience making something like this. It is not complete, needs some more adjustments and I need to repaint an entire section. Proportions are not anime accurate. From across the room it looks pretty good. Less than 3 feet away not so much. Learned a lot making it. I have plenty of materials left and plan to start again and make an improved one.

Awesome work man. The raised effect with beveled edges on the helmet visor is spot on. I know the feeling of not being 100% accurate, the artist is their own harshest critic. People are going to get a kick out of it and thats the point. from Macross the room it looks pretty good. Would like to be at the convention to get a pic.

You're definitely off to a great start! I look forward to seeing the next set of Armor.

I seem to prefer Sheryl.

nothing against Sheryl of course as she is indeed quite lovely but a little too sIutty at times.. my preference in women has always been a smaller more petit frame and smaller boobs. My current girl friend is much like this which just reinforces my like towards Ranka instead! :p:D

Edited by spanner76

I agree that Sheryl is a bit, I don't want to say slurmty, as she's not implied to be promiscuous, but she is highly sexualized, and she's not afraid to show off, and she's a tease. As for More petite women, I'm 6'3", 6'4" if I stand tall, and I'm about 3(minus some inches) ft wide at the shoulders, most women are small to me (at least the ones that are well proportioned). But I like Sheryl's personality, she's vibrant, mischievous, honest, and caring (you gotta dig a little to find her beauty). She'd be hell as a girlfriend, she'd drive me nuts, but at the end of the day you'd know how she felt and that's the important part.

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

• 2 weeks later...

So, at Seattle's Sakura con, I decided to go as Max Jenius from the movie "Macross Do You Remember Love". I realized I didn't get any good pictures of myself, so I had my girlfriend Neoka photograph me back in the room. After that, I decided to have some fun with my Yamato VF-1S and...Here we are! The decisive scene from DYRL where Max stares down Milia!

tumblr_nmh5yyhlBh1sn809zo1_1280.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know the name of the Chinese cosplayer that was on the frontpage as Lynn Minmay? If memory serves correct she was in front of a starry backround. I miss the format the frontpage had to show cosplay I tried to use the back feature but none of those posts are avaialble now. I know the pic was from a facebook fanpage created for her since facebook is not available in China. Also if you post the pic here forever thanks

• 10 months later...

Ok. I don't want to start another thread so I'm posting this one here. Not so sure too if anyone already posted this specific photo.

On The Bridge by Jay Tablante.

He's a well known photographer in the Philippines. And he already published a photobook full of cosplayers. Most of them are mixed photo and digital imaging backgrounds.

on_the_bridge_by_jaytablante-d7zb8rd_zps

Ok. I don't want to start another thread so I'm posting this one here. Not so sure too if anyone already posted this specific photo.

He's a well known photographer in the Philippines. And he already published a photobook full of cosplayers. Most of them are mixed photo and digital imaging backgrounds.

Yep....that pic never gets old...

But thanks for linking his site...never seen his other works...amazing stuff...are there any others that create professional images like that?

That's an awesome pic. I dream of a live action Macross movie that will sadly never happen.

Yep....that pic never gets old...

But thanks for linking his site...never seen his other works...amazing stuff...are there any others that create professional images like that?

Yeah. I like his stuff. My fave was his Rogue. It's X-Men Rogue Jim Lee Trading Card came to life. And he used a perfect model to portray Rogue. I know she's Filipina and not Southern Belle, but she looks perfect playing Rogue. :wub:

That's an awesome pic. I dream of a live action Macross movie that will sadly never happen.

Yup, me too. And if ever it gets made, I'm not so sure if it's going to be loyal to the series. The only thing I could think of that it will look cool on that 'dream' movie is the transformation sequence. :rolleyes:

I'd completely forgotten about this pic. So, so good. And the more I get into photogram and digital image manipulation, the more I appreciate the calibre of work like this. Some serious talent here.

:wub: I agree. So much, here's another one from his catalog. Again, not sure if this is already been posted. But I can say that he really takes this things seriously. ^_^

do_you_remember_love_by_jaytablante-d62l

• 4 weeks later...

Are you getting pumped for Macross Delta? These ladies look like they are and I know I am. Love this pic:

11137613.jpg

Dunno who they are except the 2 on the left but much props. Found it on Twitter. Love their costumes. Especially Makina :wub: though someone has a 3rd leg.

Edited by wmkjr

Wow, those are awesome edits!! *0* I've seen some of his photos before, but I had no idea he had cool images like these in his portfolio :)

So, at Seattle's Sakura con, I decided to go as Max Jenius from the movie "Macross Do You Remember Love". I realized I didn't get any good pictures of myself, so I had my girlfriend Neoka photograph me back in the room. After that, I decided to have some fun with my Yamato VF-1S and...Here we are! The decisive scene from DYRL where Max stares down Milia!

Late reply is late, but I wish I had been at Sakura-Con last year to see you in person! Your costume looks great :)

I haven't had Macross cosplay photos taken for a couple years, but I'm hoping to complete a new Sheryl costume and maaaybe DYRL Minmay within the next year, maybe Mikumo and Makina, too! Sheryl was the first character I cosplayed when I started in 2009, and she's definitely my fave <3 photos by Elisha Terada Photography~

310398_252265861486380_265753418_n.jpg?o

308246_249652221747744_1180832670_n.jpg?

Edited by CC-tan

Wow, those are awesome edits!! *0* I've seen some of his photos before, but I had no idea he had cool images like these in his portfolio :)

Late reply is late, but I wish I had been at Sakura-Con last year to see you in person! Your costume looks great :)

I haven't had Macross cosplay photos taken for a couple years, but I'm hoping to complete a new Sheryl costume and maaaybe DYRL Minmay within the next year, maybe Mikumo and Makina, too! Sheryl was the first character I cosplayed when I started in 2009, and she's definitely my fave <3 photos by Elisha Terada Photography~

310398_252265861486380_265753418_n.jpg?o

308246_249652221747744_1180832670_n.jpg?

Nice work! I can't wait to see more. Are you going to Fanime or AX this year?

Are you getting pumped for Macross Delta? These ladies look like they are and I know I am. Love this pic:

11137613.jpg

Dunno who they are except the 2 on the left but much props. Found it on Twitter. Love their costumes. Especially Makina :wub: though someone has a 3rd leg.

This one looks great! I think the 3rd leg is part of Mikumo's costume(?). ;) Also, Freyja kinda looks like a boy. :lol: But yeah, Makina looks awesome! :wub:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice work! I can't wait to see more. Are you going to Fanime or AX this year?

late reply is late, whoops

I won't be at AX this year, and I'm super bummed!! But I'll be going to Japan next month so I can't really complain.

I did get my Walkure cosplay in the mail recently, so I did my first costest for Mikumo~~

tumblr_o9jxncKOzR1v3v90oo1_500.jpg

I'm not 100% satisfied with my makeup (might do some lash stacking idk) and I still need to fix up my wig, but the Vassen red contacts I got are PERF <3

I won't be at AX this year, and I'm super bummed!! But I'll be going to Japan next month so I can't really complain.

I did get my Walkure cosplay in the mail recently, so I did my first costest for Mikumo~~

I'm not 100% satisfied with my makeup (might do some lash stacking idk) and I still need to fix up my wig, but the Vassen red contacts I got are PERF <3

Looks amazing, can we get some full pictures of you as Mikumo?

you look fab! :wub:B))

Looks amazing, can we get some full pictures of you as Mikumo?

Hopefully once I can find a photographer! I don't live near a cosplay hub like Seattle or LA, so finding others for shoots is quite a challenge;;;

you look fab! :wub:B))

thank you!! I'm really excited to be Mikumo~~

Hopefully once I can find a photographer! I don't live near a cosplay hub like Seattle or LA, so finding others for shoots is quite a challenge;;;

Hopefully you can find a good photographer, lot's of Cosplay fans here!! B))