Macross Cosplay

Commander McBride

How about a midget model? Don't they go for half price?

LoL we know where your minds at...hehehehe

If you ignore the second set of hands, this should do the trick.

attachicon.gifGracePan1_4T.jpg

Edit: Ok, resized.. apparently it's more huge than I expected.

I'm tempted to try and go restore that image so the hands are gone, but eh.  It really just needs to be redrawn as a full picture.

I think those are my hands...

This is what Grace's suit actually looks like in normal lighting etc:

c57a915a-42cf-4418-84a0-5b9b9cb96808_zps

Roy and I are really trying to make this a reality/contacting various sources. Gotta figure out what it'd cost, who'd be willing/able to do it, and of course, getting enough money to actually do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it is true we are looking at doing a Grace cosplay photo shoot. This will be as professional as possible. That means spending money. Soon were going to invite members who we think might be in support of this to a private discussion. If anyone is interested in being included post "Add me" below.

hi al!~ I'm no hot sexy idol but i'm part of a group for Macross 30 gathering at Anime Expo this year. We've got a sizeable group and Valkyrie cockpit to post with/in for saturday in West hall! I'm just about done my cos. If you know anyone else cosplaying Macross for AX2013 let them know to stop by! I think starting around Saturday at noon in west hall.

just a test joke photo I took before I finalize the closures and belt...

tumblr_moo7drDYAD1qdo3a9o1_500.jpg

so far only have myself, Misa (x2) and Minmay confirmed, it would be so cool to have a Max and Milia around, (or even Kaifun, js). Got mains from Macross Plus, Macross 7 and Frontier as well! so come say hi!!

We are cosplaying Max & Milia at Otakon 2013 in August. We'd like to do a brief wedding ceremony on one of the days. We have our Max/Milia SDF Macross wedding costumes. Any Capt Global cosplayers out there interested in performing the ceremony? Other Macross cosplayers invited to attend!

oh man!! I wish I was going to Otakon this year....!! I hope you two have fun and take tons of photos!

hi al!~ I'm no hot sexy idol but i'm part of a group for Macross 30 gathering at Anime Expo this year. We've got a sizeable group and Valkyrie cockpit to post with/in for saturday in West hall! I'm just about done my cos. If you know anyone else cosplaying Macross for AX2013 let them know to stop by! I think starting around Saturday at noon in west hall.

just a test joke photo I took before I finalize the closures and belt...

tumblr_moo7drDYAD1qdo3a9o1_500.jpg

so far only have myself, Misa (x2) and Minmay confirmed, it would be so cool to have a Max and Milia around, (or even Kaifun, js). Got mains from Macross Plus, Macross 7 and Frontier as well! so come say hi!!

Nice one dude!

Here's something I found on the MW Facebook. I don't know who the admin is, I'd like to give credit where it's due.

Anyway, this girl is a fantastic Sheryl.

72871_441847652537900_711368438_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

here they are , all the pictures of the con with the cosplayers

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.497425110324163.1073741872.286543841412292&type=1

scroll down a bit to see the photoshoots with Mylene and Miria, the best of all!

Edited by nel2012

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What I would love to do is put together a TSV-40 flight suit, or as most might call it, the VF-X flight suit. http://www.macrossnewhorizon.org/mediawiki/images/thumb/6/62/TSV-40-Mk1.jpg/148px-TSV-40-Mk1.jpg The only thing is, there's not too much lineart of it that I could find, so I might end up substituting some parts with the Macross Plus flight suit designs.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey does this help?

attachicon.gifvfxsuit.jpg

This is the line art for the suit from the VF-X Official Program book.

You've done me a great service, my friend. OH! I just found an awesome pic of my Michel Blanc cosplay online today. Next time I'm getting a wig instead of gelling my hair. That was brutal and it made my normally bright hair darker Q~Q

http://25.media.tumblr.com/ac39178093eafb87c6fa4d5f88b90263/tumblr_mshfs9xbWv1sn809zo2_1280.jpg

I'm going to try cosplay for the first time this year. While I do have a Hikaru outfit like JetSpectacular, I may go for something like this...

post-582-0-74650200-1378279770_thumb.jpg

Not as alto, but maybe just a student at Mihoshi Academy's Valkyrie pilot school. And, just maybe, I'll enter the contest. Should be easy to make, since my work shirts have the military press, and the shoulder tabs already built on them. I have the insignias, so I'll be sowing those, and I'll make the tie, find some pants, and alter what I need to.

Edited by Jasonc

• 4 weeks later...

A whole bunch of her Macross pics on her FB fan page.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.401331016588998.94969.397038910351542&type=3

I think those Frontier movies was just an excuse to give cosplayers even more crazy, skimpy and elaborate costumes to wear.