Strike a pose!

Wicked Ace

hahaha, that's awesome. Where did you get that tiny little vf-0?

Thanks eugimon, the little VF-0 is a sculpt I have just done have a look in building customising and in the 1/700 ARMD tread I'm sharing it with 007-vf1. You can see pic's of it there on it's own before and after painting.

Thanks eugimon, the little VF-0 is a sculpt I have just done have a look in building customising and in the 1/700 ARMD tread I'm sharing it with 007-vf1. You can see pic's of it there on it's own before and after painting.

ah, that's fantastic work!

Just got around to being able to check out this whole topic................and I must say...................By God.......SSSSSWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT Pics friend!!!

:ph34r: MisterRyno :ph34r:

Swoosh,

Are those the Brand new 1/48's or older 1/55's?

Those my friend are 1/48s, and they are looking dead sexy. . . .

Those my friend are 1/48s, and they are looking dead sexy. . . .

DAMN STRAIGHT they are!!! I wish I had the mula to get them.......oooooooo that would be sweet. I'd almost be willing to trade my whole list of trades for those 2.

To repeat something Wicked Ace said earlier:

THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE ANTI-POPE POSES!!!! (SV-51) :D

(I don't have the SV-51 myself............but I've had an idea for an M&M pose for a long, long time. Not sure if I'll need the flexi's for support, though :mellow: . I'll post something once I finally get the lovebirds in my grubby little hands!)

Edited by Mog

Swoosh,

you really did a nice job on these, and your pics are truly awesome! It's too bad these aren't sold without the armor, as I would love to have a set on display without the armor. Also, as cool as they look, I've always disliked that the lines on the heatshields aren't very defined. They could be wider and darker. I still don't understand why they can't make color-molded heatshields with a U-shaped groove on the top like the 1/60 heatshields. That would look SO MUCH better IMO. I don't like the glossy plastic they use to make them. Why couldn't they just use the plastic that the Valks are molded in?

Edited by sidearmsalpha

I still don't understand why they can't make color-molded heatshields with a U-shaped groove on the top like the 1/60 heatshields. That would look SO MUCH better IMO. I don't like the glossy plastic they use to make them. Why couldn't they just use the plastic that the Valks are molded in?

hm... IIRC it is because they put the skull or any other emblem to the inside of the heat shield, that can prevent scracthing of it... so they have to use clear plastic....

hm... IIRC it is because they put the skull or any other emblem to the inside of the heat shield, that can prevent scracthing of it... so they have to use clear plastic....

Yeah, that's true for the heatshields that have the skull, but the VF-1J's and the VF-1A Production version all had the same type of heatshields with the U-shaped grooves and no emblems. I hope that some of you guys that can make and mold custom parts would make a more accurate heatshield for the VF-1J's and the non-Skull Squadron VF-1A's.

Swoosh,

Did you panel line those Max and Milia or do they come like that? If you did panel line them, what technique did you use? Thanks.

EDIT: I looked back a page and saw that you used a mech pencil. Looks great! I think I have to get this 1/48 Milia. I have the 1/60 version but this one is sooooo much nicer.

Edited by miriya

Yeah, that's true for the heatshields that have the skull, but the VF-1J's and the VF-1A Production version all had the same type of heatshields with the U-shaped grooves and no emblems. I hope that some of you guys that can make and mold custom parts would make a more accurate heatshield for the VF-1J's and the non-Skull Squadron VF-1A's.

I think it has more to do with the strength of the plastic. I think that a thin, curved piece of pigmented ABS would have had the rail pegs break off after time while the clear polcarbonate of the heat shield is tougher and more resilient.

OMG!!!! I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!! My very 1st 1/48 and flexi stand came today via UPS from laftoys. I CANNOT WAIT TO DO SOME POSES THIS EVENING!!!! You all will see.....

er...isn't the skull on the OUTSIDE of the clear shield? lol

Yes the skull is on the outside. This way its easier to customize cause you only have to strip the paint off, polish paint again and you still have a painted skull.

I agree with eugimon that it's a better choice of plastic!!

... >_<

MisterRyno i love your avatar! It looks like the tabby cat is doing a Dragon Punch lol.

Shyoooo!! Ryyyuu.... KEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really have to get my Ken Masters figure dammit.

How did you know that his idol is Ken Masters. I learned my shuryuken from playing SF so well I taught it to Pumkin. He's my BAD A** PC (pussy cat).

If Ford only made the Cobra R in black. :angry:

This is going to kill you...........but I am doing a deal for a Cobra R right now that has 220 miles on it and a smoked #7 piston. It may be mine by the weekend. :)

I'm thinkin it will look good parked next to this one :rolleyes:

1500x1500.JPG

I must say I envy you friend.

This is going to kill you...........but I am doing a deal for a Cobra R right now that has 220 miles on it and a smoked #7 piston. It may be mine by the weekend. :)

I'm thinkin it will look good parked next to this one :rolleyes:

Edited by misterryno