Strike a pose!

Wicked Ace

I posted a few pics of the Valk in a thread a few months back. I've removed a few of the pics in the interim (so I wouldn't overload the board with pics). And practically all of those old ones are way too overexposed with the flash.

But here's the link.

I've subsequently learned a few lessons from the photography thread here on the board and decided to learn more about my digital cam's advanced features.

......That and natural sunlight makes the photos turn out better. ;)

There's other pics of the custom I've littered around the board. But the link above is the main one.

In any case, less words, more pics:

[attachmentid=38249][attachmentid=38250][attachmentid=38251][attachmentid=38252][attachmentid=38253]

Damn! That's the only way I'd buy a Stealth: If I could apply THOSE stickers on it. But since Devin went out of business and those sticker sheets must be impossible to find, I guess I'll never bother to get one.

Good work, by the way!

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Thanks... I have other pictures too...most of them from my long running Transformers Photo Comics... attachments below have text, and the text is in Polish since it's done for a Polish TF fan site... but there are Valks there as you see ! :)

The last picture is obviously NOT a Valk, but rather just a Transformers scene - but I added it so people wouldn't say things like "you should try using photoshop"... I now do use photoshop to enhance my comics, but I used to just use Microsoft Paint and lots of sticks and strings to get effects :)... and the Valks were featured in the old "stick and string" comics...

As for the mud - rest assured they don't just lie around in the dirt all day. It's very difficult, but I delicately fill a basket with all the figures for a particular scene, and take them out of the basket to photograph as the particular scene dictates, then put them back in and wash/clean them at home. So while this looks "dirty," it's not - you just have to be mindful of the toy and it won't be damaged...

As for stickers - I refuse to put stickers on toys that cost me 100 to 200 USD... the very idea just doesn't seem right to me... heck, I don't even put stickers on my Takara/Hasbro G1 reissues most of the time... I don't want to deal with sticker wear down the line.

Glad you enjoyed the pics - hope people like these as well!

VFTF1

post-4621-1166049920_thumb.jpg

post-4621-1166049985_thumb.jpg

post-4621-1166050069_thumb.jpg

post-4621-1166050135_thumb.jpg

post-4621-1166050295_thumb.jpg

post-4621-1166050356_thumb.jpg

post-4621-1166050424_thumb.jpg

post-4621-1166050509_thumb.jpg

Damn! That's the only way I'd buy a Stealth: If I could apply THOSE stickers on it. But since Devin went out of business and those sticker sheets must be impossible to find, I guess I'll never bother to get one.

Good work, by the way!

Thanks for the compliments, LSB.

I gotta give props to Devin, though: he was VERY accomodating with all the little custom alterations and additions I asked for (like modifying the standard Low Viz set so that all the "No Step" and "Danger" stickers were in red, for example).

...And don't be so quick to say "never"........link.

Thanks for the compliments, LSB.

I gotta give props to Devin, though: he was VERY accomodating with all the little custom alterations and additions I asked for (like modifying the standard Low Viz set so that all the "No Step" and "Danger" stickers were in red, for example).

...And don't be so quick to say "never"........link.

Thanks to you, Man! ;)

Somehow, I still like the meaner looking face on the 1st generation YF-19. That old hunk can still pull off good poses, plus he has the looks that say "I'm all business... and I'm gonna blow you away!" Check it:

IPB Image

Standing at ease...

IPB Image

... but ready to burst into action in an instant!

IPB Image

Who's looking to get some?

IPB Image

Hunkering down...

IPB Image

Engaging the enemy...

IPB Image

Still standing tall after 5 years.

I know the new '19 is awesome in Fighter and Gerwalk modes but the Battroid seems pretty limp. So come on guys, show me what else the new '19 can do!

Somehow, I still like the meaner looking face on the 1st generation YF-19. That old hunk can still pull off good poses, plus he has the looks that say "I'm all business... and I'm gonna blow you away!" Check it:

Nice pics, nah.. the 1/60 head looks better. :p

hehe, the 1/72 YF-19 mecha mode alway has that cool mechanical robot look to it, while the 1/60 is a bit too anime stylish looking.

I know the new '19 is awesome in Fighter and Gerwalk modes but the Battroid seems pretty limp. So come on guys, show me what else the new '19 can do!

nice photos, drifand. It really makes the 1/72 desirable somewhat. :lol:

I'd step up to your challenge with my panel lined and trim-stickered YF-19, but my camera's busted. :(

EDIT: Btw Drifand, i don't own a 1/72 so i don't know, but is that a stock 1/72 or did you mod the hips?

Edited by wolfx

nice photos, drifand. It really makes the 1/72 desirable somewhat. :lol:

I'd step up to your challenge with my panel lined and trim-stickered YF-19, but my camera's busted. :(

EDIT: Btw Drifand, i don't own a 1/72 so i don't know, but is that a stock 1/72 or did you mod the hips?

It's a stock ver 1.5 with the revised 'tab-b' and non-diecast shoulders. I think the key to making the 1/60 look more aggressive is definitely to panel-line some of the key areas, esp. the 'mouth'. Otherwise, the matte plastic just doesn't show up the details under normal lighting. The slimmer frontal profile of the head may also mean that it may look better when turned-sideways...