Strike a pose!

Wicked Ace

Drifand those are why I like to collect toys and have matching scales. Great poses. The robots look like they are alive and in the middle of actually doing something rather than parked in the typical "standing up straight" pose.

For the koenig monster I have mine in an agressive "arms pointing forward and forearms angled outwards from the chest" stance. What it does is it makes the monster look like he is actually aiming at something in front of him rather than relaxed at the hips all the time. Totally changes the impression of the mecha from one that just sits on its butt all the time, to one that actively moves around and wants to kill stuff. It now looks like the glaug with arms stretched forward. It's all in how you rotate the shoulder so its arms can be "opened outwards" like it is about to do a bear hug and "hands" pointing towards something to make it look agressive. The arms don't sit so low at the hips this way and the monster looks like it wants to put the arms at "eye level" to shoot. Changes the look dramatically imo.

Once in a while I like to change the position of the legs because there is lot of articulation in them, but once I get a good pose I leave it stuck in that one pose for months. :D

Someone made a post about how if yamato remade the 1/60 and improved on them they might be acceptable to the newer macross collector who just jumped on late and bought 1/48 because that's all that anyone kept talking about.

If they did it, I would buy more 1/60, since I like matching scale, and missed out on them. Just to have them together with a vf0, qrau and other 1/60 toys.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

to all the 1/60 haters out there, the line for apologies starts here...hehe.

Aww but they suck! Drifand's pics though, definitely do not suck, those are sweet. Posing 1/60s actually is a lot of fun, even with as much as I don't like the 1/60s as toys, I've always had fun doing photo shoots for them... especially if you're not using glass or a slippery surface to stand them on.

Drifand: Those are some nice pics. The destroids with the Koenig monsters, are those from Takatoku's conversion kit?

425670[/snapback]

Yup - 1/100 Conversion Kit. Actually I only have 2 destroid bodies. After shooting the first pic with the Monster, Tomahawk and Phalanx, I removed the Phalanx and redressed it as a Defender and merged the 2 images together.

As for the 1/60s 'sucking'... to each his own, fellas. I've shown what I love about 'em; and if they were properly remade, I'd love them even more. The 1/48 's all-jet emphasis just doesn't cut it for me.

Proof of collection. Just to prove I'm no Lord KungFu.  :rolleyes:

426144[/snapback]

I think you could squeeze another 10-15% vallks if you kept the backpack folded back and locked on the legs, with the tail fins down ;) .

edit: damn you , you changed your post :( .

Edited by ghostryder

Love the Hikaru rodeo-take down! Those are some great looking 1/60's. As for posing chunky monkeys -I just don't think there's any conceivable way to make those look cool. Call me an elitist if you will. I still LIKE the monkeys...

425666[/snapback]

Is this good enough for you?

IMG_3606.jpg

IMG_3602.jpg

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3605.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

Is this good enough for you?

426460[/snapback]

Not for me. The 1/55 just is not a very attractive toy by todays standard (IMHO of course). It still holds a special place in my heart, but that's only due to my childhood nostalgia of Jetfire

zanderwitaz,

Since you've already gone all out to mod the legs, why not take out the gunpod 'scope' as well? Once final touches are in the toy will look really great.

I'm also a big fan of the 1/55s but not in the way that I'd mod them for 'fighter-only' display pieces, or heavily modified joints. I like 'em for the way they are: The epitome of realistic transforming mecha toys of their generation.

zanderwitaz,

Since you've already gone all out to mod the legs, why not take out the gunpod 'scope' as well? Once final touches are in the toy will look really great.

I'm also a big fan of the 1/55s but not in the way that I'd mod them for 'fighter-only' display pieces, or heavily modified joints. I like 'em for the way they are: The epitome of realistic transforming mecha toys of their generation.

426544[/snapback]

I did a 1/55 gunpod that collapses and has no scope. Its on another valk right now. as for the joints, these modifications are also great in gerwalk mode, and I designed the mods for all 3 modes. It still transforms beautifully

More 1/60 love :lol:

427708[/snapback]

Last pic is great for showing how far VF designs have come. I like the VF-0 for being a great realisation of a mecha designed today, but the more sophisticated 'stealthy' lines always jar my senses when seen next to any VF-1...

The 1/60 VF-1 series had lots of problems, but most were ironed out by the time the 1Js were released. These were the only ones I bought because of my love for the 1J's head design. All have been modified to some extent, especially the shoulder polycaps and elbow clearance...

And when I shoot my toys, the POSE is probably the biggest part of the fun! Here are some Gerwalk poses that I feel can rival the 1/48s any day, even with their more limited joints:

01.jpg

02.jpg

And there are shots the 1/48s can never be a part of...

03.jpg

04.jpg

425650[/snapback]

damn, that pod just got it's ass handed to it ... cool photo!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally got some flexidisplay stands. So, I figured I'd share some comparison pics (and resurrect this thread in the process ;) ):

Some of my bettter posed pics WITHOUT the Flexi's:

[attachmentid=37434] [attachmentid=37435] (I was pretty please with Max's pose here; the Valk stayed upright even though it looks like it's gonna tip over on its side)

Pics with the Flexi's:

[attachmentid=37436] [attachmentid=37437]

post-3595-1161754230_thumb.jpg

post-3595-1161754279_thumb.jpg

post-3595-1161754701_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I posted a few pics of the Valk in a thread a few months back. I've removed a few of the pics in the interim (so I wouldn't overload the board with pics). And practically all of those old ones are way too overexposed with the flash.

But here's the link.

I've subsequently learned a few lessons from the photography thread here on the board and decided to learn more about my digital cam's advanced features.

......That and natural sunlight makes the photos turn out better. ;)

There's other pics of the custom I've littered around the board. But the link above is the main one.

In any case, less words, more pics:

[attachmentid=38249][attachmentid=38250][attachmentid=38251][attachmentid=38252][attachmentid=38253]

• 4 weeks later...