Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

did anyone try to put Sagittarius' clothe on the final figure? It doesn't fit right... I think the shoulder area is too tight and I can't rotate the shoulder (or it takes great effort to do so)

The new saiya comes with Sagittarius head peice, but it is not all that useful..

I think the Sagittarius is meant to put on the old Seiya body, while they give you the extra head piece to swap head with the new one. Like you said, the Sagittarius doesn't fit the new body too well, as the structure is different enough.

did anyone try to put Sagittarius' clothe on the final figure? It doesn't fit right... I think the shoulder area is too tight and I can't rotate the shoulder (or it takes great effort to do so)

The new saiya comes with Sagittarius head peice, but it is not all that useful..

On the contrary.....the Sagittarius head piece is very useful

As you expected,....you can put the Sagittarius cloth on Final Seiya

At first it didn't make sense that Bandai would add the piece without a full purpose,...if you tried adding the new head to the old Seiya you would notice that it doesn't fit at all,....so I decided to "force" the shoulder piece together on the Final Seiya,..and tada~~ So with a little love and lots of pressure I'm sure you will be able to do it too,.....so no worries....go for it cuz the Final Seiya with the Sagittarius cloth looks so much more beautiful than the original. He looks much taller and is shaped much better,......I'll be sure to post some pics for you,....still waiting on Cancer (ughh) and Aries (oooh) so i can take a nice group shot of everyone released so far!

Cheers

Haru

did anyone try to put Sagittarius' clothe on the final figure?  It doesn't fit right... I think the shoulder area is too tight and I can't rotate the shoulder (or it takes great effort to do so)

On the contrary.....the Sagittarius head piece is very useful

As you expected,....you can put the Sagittarius cloth on Final Seiya

At first it didn't make sense that Bandai would add the piece without a full purpose,...if you tried adding the new head to the old Seiya you would notice that it doesn't fit at all,....so I decided to "force" the shoulder piece together on the Final Seiya,..and tada~~ So with a little love and lots of pressure I'm sure you will be able to do it too,.....so no worries....go for it cuz the Final Seiya with the Sagittarius cloth looks so much more beautiful than the original. He looks much taller and is shaped much better,......I'll be sure to post some pics for you,....still waiting on Cancer (ughh) and Aries (oooh) so i can take a nice group shot of everyone released so far!

Cheers

Haru

No, I think it looks beautify too. I've tried (forced) it. It is just the fact that it needs to be forced that bothers me (plus shoulder issue as well). It feels like the figure has to be ditorted a little to wear the cloth... And for me it's not worth it... unless I have 4 or 5 seiya figues.

Got my Deathmask cancer a couple days ago in Shanghai. not my favorite but still not a bad looking figure. actual toy looks better than the prototype i think. still the likeness is not as good as the final seiya.

another thing I noticed is that the joints are a lot tighter which is a good thing...since the last couple have been pretty weak at the knees.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got Aries Mu the other day.

Absolutely fantastic! He looks great with the helmet or without. I had a hard time choosing what way to display him.

The ankles are a little loose, and his right arm isn't as tight as his left. But otherwise he's tip-top.

Only little things I don't like are the back part where the ram's face goes, and the alternate pair of horns that go over Mu's shoulders. The ram face attaches really loosely to the back and keeps falling off. The ridged horns should have been made in one piece, instead there's a couple parts that swivel and makes it hard to adjust to looking correct.

Uh he has big hands when they're open, but oh well. The armor itself is fantastic! The way his ponytail attaches is great. It has a metal piece that plugs deep into his hair, right where it's tied off.

Ergh, I did read that Shaina got switched to a later date, so no Shaina this year. Instead we get Unicorn Jabu, I believe. There's also going to be a Hydra Ichi. I don't care for them. :p I want Shaina damnit!

I can't wait to see what Taurus Aldebaran will look like. I'm dying to see how they pull off Gemini Saga and Pisces Aphrodite!

Ah can't wait or my aries to come .... i've pre ordered 5 pcs from 3 different local shops, none of them got the aries yet grrr... :angry:

I have also read about the release of unicorn jabu ... we'll i don't really want him tough, but i still gonna buy him for the sake of complete collection

I;ve read that gemini will come with pope ares mask, mantel and helm as well as the figure ... that would be excellent!!!

Edited by shinohara

beat me to it, i just saw these for the first time, last night on ebay for preorder.

chris

the unicorn and hydra do not impress me at all but dragon looks fantastic though.

chris

I've been seeing these around on bbs'es and such for ages now but I wa snever that impressed with the "mythical beast" ones. These new gold Zodiac ones however are very impressive indead.

Just how much of the armour is actually metal though?

Just how much of the armour is actually metal though?

It depends on the armor.

Aries Mu for example, the metal pieces are:

Torso armor (the front plate is plastic though)

Hip armor for the sides are metal

Upper arm guards

Fore-arm guards

Upper leg guards

Knee+lower-leg guards

Feet

Capricorn Shura has basically all his armor in metal except at his belly, and his mask/helmet (if you prefer manga style it's the mask, if it's the TV style it's the helmet):

Torso armor

Shoulder guards (yes those big shoulder guards are metal)

Waist/hip armor

Upper arm guards

Fore-arm guards

Upper leg guards

Knee+lower-leg guards

Feet

Their hands are all plastic though.

Wyvern Radamanthys is an impressive piece in my opinion. Dark threatening looking armor. If you put the helmet on him you don't see the uni-brow. :lol:

the dragon looks fantastic so far i cannot wait to see the rest of them.

chris

How do you guys manage to keep your Saints in their respective poses? Mine seem to be cursed with floppy joints and won't keep any pose other than standing straight up, heels together... I suppose I could put them all in parade formation, but that's just so boring :p

I usually pose them on my desk before I move them to the display case. yah, a lot of them have loose feet joints but I guess I've been lucky to find a place where it's tight enough to hold the pose. Libra is the worst...I think it's cuz he's so top heavy...*notice his "pose"* also, you have to make sure you pop the feet joint all the way in the leg...

i have a hard time posing mine i like to keep them in my Ikea case so they do not get covered with dust, but the glass surface is so slippery they have a tendency of falling over Saggitarius is the worst for me he is back heavy and his feet seem loose :(

I'm planning on putting mine on the stands that come with the Pope Shion figure.

Otherwise I've got them posed now on a shelf of their own. They used to stand on top of the DVD player, but every so often they decided to play dominoes... :p

Radamanthys' wings support him well enough. Aioros is an annoying figure to keep standing though... Shaka isn't a problem since he's posed sitting.

I had Seiya posed on the Sagittarius Object, jousting against Shiryu who was sitting on the Capricorn Object. :lol:

i have a hard time posing mine i like to keep them in my Ikea case so they do not get covered with dust, but the glass surface is so slippery they have a tendency of falling over Saggitarius is the worst for me he is back heavy and his feet seem loose  :(

313877[/snapback]

+1 exept for the sagittarius .. my nightmare is the capricorne.. i've tried to keep him in a super dynamic pose, but it can't stand the pose :(

Thanks man :lol:

The Odin looks great, i got Mu and Deathmask coming in next week i will take pics of the collection then.

chris

• 2 weeks later...