Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

thanks do you have any recomendations? i would like to get one of these soon but i am not sure which one. the sagittarius ones looks real cool and i was thinking abvot getting that one first.

dude....

if I may give suggestion...

Depending on your collecting motives, whether you gonna colect them all or just collect several of them. IMHO, you might want to collect them all :D they're beautiful. I had 24 of them (multiple copies on each figure) and can't get enough.

If you plan to collect them all, from bronze saint .. it's kinda pricey right now... however if you want to start from the gold cloth then it should be easier for your wallet :D Leo is being re -released and Aquarius and virgo should re - released soon. Sagittarius and Capricorn are in abundant supply...

If you plan to collect just a few, I suggest you pick up aquarius, sagittarius, and capricorn, of course this is based on my preferences. When you buy myth cloth you might want to pay attention on the panel lining... we'll since it was hand painted (the panel lining), spills were quite often.

About the release date, I am pretty sure in January will Radhamantis, February will be Libra and March will be Pegasus final. An April, the release of Deathmask Cancer was being rumoured

happy collecting ;)

Edited by Valkryie 13

thanks, i would like to get one right now to see how they are, i would like to get one of each later on and try to get the set. :)

Here is my suggestion if you are selective:

Gold:

1) Sagittarius - Most important Gold Cloth in the show with overall best sculpt, great toy quality, big unique wings & a Seiya head.

2) Leo or Capricorn - Leo is still the most poseable out of all Gold, looks pretty cool overall, but not as grand as Sagittarius or slick like Capricorn. But it got movable waist joint under the armor, while all the others don't. Capricorn on the other end looks hot, best fitment, but slightly retarded eyes :p But he does look especially good in person. Picture doesn't do it justice

3) Aquarius or Virgo - Both look kind of cool, but heck of stiff, due to armor design or hair piece always in the way for making cool pose. Both have some flaws on the look. Camus' face look strange and hair too thick, while Shaka's helmet is too big. The open-eye head looks kind of creepy.

Bronze: Mostly passable unless you are collecting all.

1) Cygnus & Andromeda - Looks the best and most anime accurate. Both hair get in the way somewhat, but pose well on other areas.

2) Seiya & Ikki - Looks kind of good, but have a bunch of flaws.

3) Shiryu - Looks kind of jacked with many QC flaws.

Serpries: Don't own one yet as its not released yet.

Rhadamantis looks like a really good one if you like his design.

yea the villian guy looks very cool, it seems that the ones everybody is metioning is the ones i want, so i got a pretty good idea of what one i will be getting first and that will most likly be the Sagittarius. does anyone know a good place to get them cheap online preferably in the USA so i can keep the shipping cost down?

If Bandai planed to make the armor of the poseidon or asgard serie, it gonna rocks ;) some of them are far beautiful than the gold ones.

my selection (before Libra):

1) Aquarius

2) Leo

3) Capricorn

4) Sagittarius

5) Virgo

edit:

The first image of the upcoming cancer (april):

cancermyth8lv.jpg

Edited by isamu_dyson

oh the cancer looks interesting i just founds this saint seiya book on ebay, does anyone have it? is it worth the price the art looks incredible. whats the chance of some of those girl seiyas being made i would definetly buy those in a heart beat :)

Saint Seiya Book

oh the cancer looks interesting i just founds this saint seiya book on ebay, does anyone have it? is it worth the price the art looks incredible. whats the chance of some of those girl seiyas being made i would definetly buy those in a heart beat :)

Saint Seiya Book

I have it, I won it in an auction from this guy last month.

First off, the art is AMAZING! My fiancee and I are glad we got these two books because you get art of all 12 gold saints, surplice versions of the 12 gold saints, surplice Shion, Marine, Shaina, June, the marinas, the asgard warriors, and the gods in their divine armors. Plus "midnight bliss" versions of the twelve gold saints and Shion.

Apollo is deisgned much better than in the Tenkai hen, I prefer this Artemis to the tenkai hen Artemis. Also Eris looks different (reminds me of Morrigan).

The second thing is that this is a Chinese artist, these books are not Japanese. Just so that you know. I tried searching my normal sources for Japanese artists and doujinshi to see if I could find it cheaper somewhere in Japan. :p The reason I couldn't find it was because it's Chinese! :lol:

Third, if you read the guy's auction carefully you pay a $50 shipping rate no matter where the book is sent. And let me tell you, it is not next day shipping, and it's not EMS shipping either. It gets sent from HK and will arrive in about a month, in a plastic sack for protection in a shipping slip. (in other words if someone drops something on it or drops it you get a messed up cover or book).

If you're going to pay $50 for shipping the least they could do is send it well protected and quicker. And the auctioneer did say that his person in HK is making extra money off the shipping (although he didn't let me know that he was going to send it slow and badly protected).

However on Yahoo Japan there's a set of two of these books being auctioned for around $65 at least, so you might want to risk getting these. I haven't seen it anywhere else.

As for those girls being made into figures... :p You can always hope I guess.

Speaking of which, on the White Zeta forums in France the (unconfirmed = I'll believe it when I see pictures) next release after Cancer Deathmask, for the Saint Cloth Myths, will be Aries Mu. :D

The $50 sucks, but in the end for the shipping and the price I paid, it comes out cheaper than what I've seen for Yahoo Japan Auctions.

Plus when you get illustrations like these...

Chameleon June :D (I found some pics on the internet, but forgot where I found them :p )

post-26-1105488531_thumb.jpg

they really need to do these girl seiyas next i would definetly get them. B))

Edited by zeo-mare

LIBRA looks gorgeous, I wonder if Shiryu's head comes with it~ Could the closed eyes face be him? I just wish Bandai would release these sooner than one a month. Besides completing the 12 gold saints I also hope they release:

1.Athena (with an optional cloth in the manga)

2.The Pope (Both gold and red cloth plus the full trimmings-chair and stuff)

3.Abel and his 3 guardian saints

4.Chicks would be nice: Shaina/Marin

5.One more Seiya with Odin's cloth wouldn't hurt right??? =P

God forbid if Bandai ever releases Cloth Myth series of Steel Saints, Silver Saints and Kiki~

post-26-1105958818_thumb.jpg

GUys,

forgive my ignorance. I know most of what Bandai USA puts out is low quality and such and have a habit of really bad marketing. However over at KB toys, I found a sale for the 8 inch knight of the zodiac figures(the ones with vac metalized armor and 8 inch articulated figure). They are 3 for 10$. Which is a steal considering they were usually over 10$ a piece and are 7.99 if you just buy one. Are they worth it? Anyone have reviews or pics? hows the quality?

GUys,

forgive my ignorance. I know most of what Bandai USA puts out is low quality and such and have a habit of really bad marketing. However over at KB toys, I found a sale for the 8 inch knight of the zodiac figures(the ones with vac metalized armor and 8 inch articulated figure). They are 3 for 10$. Which is a steal considering they were usually over 10$ a piece and are 7.99 if you just buy one. Are they worth it? Anyone have reviews or pics? hows the quality?

Hey Shin

I think I know which figures your tallking about. I didn't really do the research on them but just by looking at them I made a pass. Collecting things that we like shouldn't really be an issue of deals or money. Well to an extent or degree of course. If you really like Saint Seiya or Macross it wouldn't do you or your collection any justice to get anything less than the best. For Example I'm a Macross Plus fan. So I was looking to get a YF 19 variable. Should I pay for the Yamato version although is relatively cheaper but really fugly? Or the Studio Halfeye kit which is in my opinion the best looking variable but cost an arm and a leg? Guess what? I didn't want any regrets and invested the extra cash plus a few body parts to get the SHE YF 19. Why??? Cuz it looks so damn good on my table~~~

So to answer your question I think you should invest on the Bandai Japan Saint Seiya Cloth Myth series. They are really beautiful. If I have time I'll be sure to post a few pics here to share with you. But it all comes down to whether you want to settle or whether you want the best. How much do you like Saint Seiya and whether they are worth it cuz I just recently paid about 500US (all 10 bronze and gold saints to date) including shipping for them straight from Japan. It was a real B to get them through Yahoo Auction Japan cuz I encountered a couple of Otakus who were really unrelenting to let Leo and Camus go. I actually had a bid war going. I was so ticked off with one of them that it was a matter of pride.. :angry:

A note to this guy: Sorry my Japanese brother,....not this time. I would have gone all the way and blow a whole paycheck if I had to. But I have to say Leo looks mighty fine just glittering here beside me as I speak :p

Hope this helps and good luck Shin

Haru

DROOL~~~

hey...

this figure has a new mold...

hmm... I am sure it is an improved version, but it looks little funny...

Hey Q

Yes it does look like a new mold.

When you say it looks funny are you referring to the sculpt of Seiya's face?

Cuz I think they molded it to look like the Overture animated Seiya if you notice the larger eyebrow

So far I can't wait to get this one. The first Seiya face looks nothing like tha anime nor the manga. The closest looking Seiya face (the old anime) would be the one that comes with Saggitarius however the head is a little too small for the body when compared to Aioria.

This new Seiya looks the best overall in my opinion. Just my 2cents though. The only question or doubt that I have with this prototype is the fact that there are no seams or slots to remove the front portion of his hair to place his tiara (notice the head shot pic)

hhhhmmmm????? :huh:

Haru

Congrats on getting the gold and bronze saints Isamu! ;)

As for the Japanese otaku that you got into a bid war with (I know how annoying that can get)... sorry, but I have to say this to feel better since you won.

OWNED!!!

As for the new sculpt of Seiya looking funny... WTF?! :lol:

The new sculpt looks like Seiya. The old-school original release ones hurts my eyes, the original Saint Cloth Myth Seiya didn't look thaaaat much like him. I dunno about the Seiya head that came with Sagittarius Aioros.

But, the new Seiya in his third armor... WOW! That IS Seiya. From those eyes, to the thick eyebrows, and the hair style and color. :D It's a great rendition of Seiya (well looks like the Hades arc version, as for the manga version... well Kurumada has an old-school style I won't say much more on that).

I just hope they don't pull a Shura. The prototype Shura looked so good, then the production one... Something went wrong with his eyes (which is why mine has brand new eye decals :p ). I really hope that they keep Seiya looking as good as the prototype.

As for the head. I'm guessing that either the whole area with his bangs pulls out and gets replaced by one with the tiara. Or maybe he comes with another head?

I really hope the new leg/hip joints work as well as they look. It would suck if they got all loose. I know that posing Shaka in his lotus sitting position can cause his legs to pop of. It was an accident! :(

I can't wait for Aries Mu!!!! :D:D:D:D I hope the Saint Cloth Myths will continue to be released in France. I got into Saint Seiya a bit late, and Camus already came and went in Japan. :( Plus I still need to pick up Aioros.

Isamu thanks for the thoughtful answer!! To be honest I am a casual fan, don't got a job yet, just at school. While the japanese saint seiya figures look AWESOME, I just don't got the money for them. I watched some on tonami but it was a bad dub, nonetheless if that crappy rendition was GOOD(least I thoguth so) then the subbed untouched series must be tons better. Toonami really gave that and gundam seed the shaft. Saint seiya rules. THe manga is cool too, the creators artwork being much more detailed than stuff I am used too.

All in all if KB toys has some figures left I mineswell pick them up. 3 10+$ toys for 10$ is a steal. I guess these can be the gateway toys and later on I well get some of the high quality japanese gold saints or black saints(if they make them). I stayed away from the smaller 4 inch figures since they were made from PVC.

DROOL~~~

hey...

this figure has a new mold...

hmm... I am sure it is an improved version, but it looks little funny...

Hey Q

Yes it does look like a new mold.

When you say it looks funny are you referring to the sculpt of Seiya's face?

Cuz I think they molded it to look like the Overture animated Seiya if you notice the larger eyebrow

So far I can't wait to get this one. The first Seiya face looks nothing like tha anime nor the manga. The closest looking Seiya face (the old anime) would be the one that comes with Saggitarius however the head is a little too small for the body when compared to Aioria.

This new Seiya looks the best overall in my opinion. Just my 2cents though. The only question or doubt that I have with this prototype is the fact that there are no seams or slots to remove the front portion of his hair to place his tiara (notice the head shot pic)

hhhhmmmm????? :huh:

Haru

No, I didn't mean his face.

His face looks nice. I meant the body sculpt. his new abs and upper thigh...they look funny in that they are just ball shaped joints. That is all. It looks like one of those artistic wooden sculptures for drawing (you know one with no face you pose and draw...).

I am not sure if I like it or not, though.

Congrats on getting the gold and bronze saints Isamu! ;)

Thanks for the congrats Sum,

It was a long and patient wait to collect them all and now I have to be even more patient for the new ones to be released. Yup, I think every one is anxiously awaiting for Mu to be released including myself. Yeah for those who came in late it will be pretty difficult to get Camus and Aioria but I believe they will be re-releasing them this march. As I was checking out the current ongoing Yahoo Auction prices for them; they're ranging about 7500 yen each. However the HK Bandai version is significantly cheaper going for about 5000 yen each. Be warned Sum, Camus is nothing really special and his ankle joint was really loose straight out of a sealed box. <_<

Aioria is definitely worth adding to your collection. He's easily the second best looking Saint so far after Aioros (in my humblest opinion)~Happy Hunting

Haru

No, I didn't mean his face.

His face looks nice. I meant the body sculpt. his new abs and upper thigh...they look funny in that they are just ball shaped joints. That is all. It looks like one of those artistic wooden sculptures for drawing (you know one with no face you pose and draw...).

I am not sure if I like it or not, though.

Yep i've notice that too,

They have changed the body, it look like more articulated than the old one.

Personnaly I have the 5 Golds (leo, aquarius, virgo, sagittarius and capricorn) , from japan, and 1 seiya, in french version (french version = japan version with a french sticker on the bottom onf the box and sold in france :p we're lucky here :p), and i can't wait to have the libra :D.

New pics of Libra Doko that were posted on the white zeta forums. He looks nice, it's too bad I don't like that character or the armor that much, because I think it looks great! :p

edit: doh forgot to post the pic

post-26-1106600060_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sumdumgai