Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

Finally got my Camus! So here is the run down:

Awesome design in the locking mechanism on the torso armor pieces. While the belt piece of Aiolia is separated from the chest armor, and may occasionally loosen up with you twisting the figure's waist too much, Camus' is rock solid! The belt piece & chest armor lock with each other with both pegs front & back, making this the best locking mechanism design I've seen in all Seiya Myths releases. Genius! However, because of the tight waist design of the cloth itself, it doesn't leave much room for Camus' waist to twist much under the armor...unlike Aiolia. The overall look of the Cloth is very pretty, has a lighter light Gold shade than Aiolia's, and feels a bit heavier than Aiolia's as well. Though disappointingly, the shoulder armor pieces are not diecast this time. But the bigger size of some of the pieces add to its weight regardless. Head articulation is really bad this time. <_< The two hair bands that drape down in front is actually very flexible, but its the piece of hair thats right behind the ears that gets in the way. Its not flexible at all, and gets in the way of the shoulder armor even when you try to turn it slightly, leaving you only like 5-10 degree, which is terrible. Camus' eyes aren't too cool looking either. I think they separate the brow from the eyes too far, leaving a lot of gap. Seiya characters are always drawn with their eyebrows touching the top of their eyes. Don't know why they sculpt Camus like this. But he still looks pretty cool, especially without the mask on with the hair piece on the forehead. Also, it comes with an extra Hyoga head with different hair design that fit the Aquarius head mask. Some of Camus' extra open hands look a bit big too, but the fists ones look fine. Leg armors fits very well this time without coming loose at all.

So overall, a figure with some improvement in design, but the poseability really takes a hit on the neck & waist, making Camus a bit stiff compare to Aiolia. There is still some minor QC hiccups, like I got a very loose toe on one leg, and a couple spots having the orange shade painted too thin. Camus definitely look slimmer than Aiolia too, but he's still very cool & pretty nonetheless. Now give me my Shaka! :lol:

Actually... They ALL looks pretty female to me.

Except Maybe the Tauro Saint.

This line of toys is like barbies with armor. Shiny armor.

Barbies!? <_<

And our Macross collection would be... "Gobots with a bigger price tag"? :lol: LOL.

Must resist temptation...

Damn <_< I am going to start to buy them...

break down man and buy them all :lol:

I was thinking on buying Capricorn but I think I am going to start to buy the bronze saint and all gold saints before they become harder and more expesive to get. <_<

• 2 weeks later...
I was thinking on buying Capricorn but I think I am going to start to buy the bronze saint and all gold saints before they become harder and more expesive to get. <_<

Well, although bronze are main characters, they aren't that impressive. I had 3 bronze, but sold them all. Recently I bought one of the gold saints and I thought it was very nice. If you don't or cannot collect bronze ones, I don't think you are missing much...

Wow, where does that Radamantis come from? Is it a custom? Or a new Bandai release with the old body?

Oh, and about the Bronze Saints, they are nice, but nothing close to the Gold Saints, especially for its price. They are the main characters though, so its something good to have, especially when swapping the Cloths. But when your budget is limited, and you are more for the Gold Saints, the Bronzes can be passed.

Edited by mpchi

I have seen on ebay some bootleg Myth Bronze Saints pop out, any one has seen or have those? :unsure: how good is the quality of this figures.

The armor parts of the original Saints are metal?

Hopefully Dohko as Libra or Saga as Gemini for the ? Gold Saint but anyway, i'll buy them all :lol:

I think that th non gold saint could be the bronze with their latest cloth in Hades chapters ;)

Hey, I was just cheking out Saint Seiya virgo on ebay... how come they are so expensive???

When leo first came out, they were only thrity some dollars (near 40), but now virgo is at least mid-high sixties... with shipping it's about eighties...

What's going on?!?

Think Virgo was out a like a week ago in Japan. Got a shipping confirmation from HLJ late last week.

Athena actually has a full on Athena Cloth that looks really cool. Appears in the end of the Hades Chapter in manga. So don't underestimate the mighty goddess. :lol: Here is a link to the pic: Athena Cloth

Edited by mpchi

• 2 weeks later...

I got my virgo yesterday...

The figure is good. There seems to be more pieces of armor... Everything locks relatively well. and both figure (statue and the armor on the figure) looks very elegant and luxurious. But in my opinion, it is not as "cool" as aquarius or leo.

I haven't really compared the heights, but virgo seem little shorter than aquarious. One side of the shoulder seem little loose, but other than that, it is a good figure.

Sorry I don't have a digital camera... no pictures...

Beat me there on the shipping. :p

Still waiting on mind. Wouldn't be surprise if its not taller than Camus, as he is very tall among the rest. Taller than Aiolia quite a bit. Too bad u got a loose shoulder. Seems like the way they make these figures are prone to some defects in some of those metal hinge. My Camus was fine mostly, but one of the ankle is quite loose. So I really have to be careful when posing him, or just have him stand. Very unfortunate.

But I think Shaka is cool nonetheless. Hope mine comes soon.

Actually I have a question/statement regarding seiay figure shoulders...

Because my virgo was bit loose, I kind of played around with it. It turns out that you can pull the shoulder joints out (I was able to pull out about less than quater of an inch...then it actually "Clicks and locks" as if it meant to do that) ... to compensate for the semi-bulging out armor hinge below the armpit area (my speculation).

Again, I am not sure if this was intentional, so don't risk your figure if you don't want to, but for now, I've tried on Virgo and Andromeda figures shoulders and they seem to come out and "lock" properly.... Maybe I can take the figure apart this weekend to confirm it.

The shoulder was meant to be able to pull out a bit, though it was rarely stated clear. I think in Hyoga(Cygnus)'s instruction sheet, it tells you to pull out the shoulder of the figure a bit to do the Aura Thunder Attack pose, so that there is more room for the chest armor to not get in the way near the upper arm/armpit area.

Finally got my Shaka last night, but I was shocked by the sight of my HLJ shipping box being crushed out of shape, even though big-arse HANDLE WITH CARE was printed all over it. Luckily, my Shaka survived, but part of the box got messed up. :(

Shaka is cool, and the way its armor locking mechanism is designed a bit different than the other Gold Saints. And I thought the waist armor plates are going to fall apart very easily while I putting them on. But to my surprise, after you finished, everything locks in tight and very secure, with multi locking tabs. Awesome engineering! His head is very interesting too. Instead of having 2 heads, you get 2 swappable faces instead (the painted eyes on the open eye face look pretty jacked up though <_< ). And in order to fit his helmet, you get an additional hair piece that is like a cap to put on normally, while take it off to reveal a much less hair looking Shaka that would fit the helmet. The Helmet is not snug tight, and can move around if you force it, but not loose enough to wobble.

There are some not so cool aspect of Shaka. His large shoulder plate. Its not only just plastic, but not moveable like Seiya's, making Shaka's upper arm cannot extent forward at all! The lower leg armor doesn't have enough clearance at the back of the knee joint. I hate the leg armors to wobble, so I always tug it up so that it fits tight with the leg without any wobble, just like for Shiryu's leg. But for Shaka, the clearance is not enough for you to tug the leg armor up & bend the knees for more than like a 60 degree. They'll pop loose. So you constantly find yourself fixing the leg armors whenever you bend the legs much, or just try to avoid bending at all. Upper arm armor seems a bit loose in this release, as they also get loosen and wobble if you move the arms around. Again, you'll constantly go back and push those back up to sit tight. Good things though is the waist articulation. You can't twist as much like Aiolia (which was awesome), but not as stiff as Camus (doesn't move a single degree) either. And the head can move around a significant bit, as long as you have his back hair piece sticks up (which can look kind of awkward sometimes depend on the pose). But is moveable at least :p unlike Camus. His heel is also significantly taller than the other two Gold Saints, making him less balance for posing or standing. One really awesome thing about this release though is the additional Shun head. It is by far the most anime correct looking face in this entire line. Very pretty eyes & proportion. The best Myth head sculpt by far!

Overall, Shaka is pretty good. He may not look as pretty or ornate as the other two Golds, but this is mainly due to the Cloth design itself rather than the toy sculpt. While there is some good engineering in the torso armor & the head/hair/helmet, its non-moveable big shoulder plate is a let-down. Its overall poseability is not as good as Aiolia, but better than the stiffy Camus. And I don't find any particular loose joint in this figure, don't know if I am just lucky. :blink:

With all its merits & flaws, its still a good addition to the Seiya Myth line.

Edited by mpchi