Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

Fantastic :blink: . I promised myself to collect only robots ( Macross 1/48 line and Transformers 20th Anniverdsary line ) but I'm afraid I gonna break down and buy the Myth Cloth line :lol:

Got my Ikki a few days ago...finally. The way they designed the chest and shoulder armor surprised me a little. In one way, the connection of the shoulder armor to the chest(at the back of the neck) could be more secure, but seems to function okay so far. Don't like the 'screws' between the double shoulder pads though. And the prototype on the box cover obviously doesn't have that! But the shoulders are diecast for once, so I guess is a fair trade-off. I wasn't bothered by the purple color either. I didn't even notice the difference until you guys mentioned. And I loved the belt of Ikki's. Nice fit and very tight. No more loosen belt when twisting/posing the waist joint like Seiya's.

My Aiolia just shipped from HLJ too. So I should get it in a few weeks. That Camus pic looks cool, but seems everything looks a bit light. The hair could be a shade or two darker, so is the light gold. It looks somewhat pale compare to Aiolia. Wonder if its just the pics, or did they actually went lighter on Camus.

This line finally pics up with fewer QC problems and better upcoming line-up. Yay!

:blink: I missed the order of both Leo and Aquarius on hlj :(:angry:

I wonder if Libra will come with a mini figure of roshi.   :D

It's the first time I heard this name, "Roshi". Is Roshi the american name ? Beacause the japan name is "Dohko" for the Libra Saint. In the french version, this is "vieux maître" (old master), a kind of Yoda. :rolleyes:

There is a rumor in France launched by a french animation magazine, who has good contacts in Japan. With the liitle thumbs on the box like that : t4_18.jpg, we could win the armor Seiya has in a short sequence in the new movie Tenkai-Hen, whick look a little like the Odin suit.

But I don't want to affirm this, cause maybe it's just a rumor and I'm not sure for the goods with these thumbs...

:huh:

That cloths is the Kamui of Pegasus, it is the divine ultimate armour similar to those of the gods, it is suppose to appear on the final episodes of the Hades saga if they continue to animate it, it has only been seen a short animated scene of them on an extra scene of the Hades DVDs... I surprise it is in the Tenkai Hen overture...

the aquarius is not ou yet lol :)

it'll be out late june

Thanks :D but I meant preorder stopped for aquarius and no more leo available on hlj till new supply :p

Thanks isamu, I tried yesasia but it's so expensive : 1/48 Millia VF-1J = 239 USD <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Aiolia today. Got to say...WOW!

It has to be the best looking Seiya Myth series so far. Very nice, deep, multi-shade gold and LOTS of diecast. Other than the inner waist belt piece, front chest piece & the head mask, everything else is metal(including all the skirts, upper arm, upper leg pieces that the Bronze don't have), making Aiolia weights quite hefty for its size. Mine came with a very loose hinge(arm pit) on the chest piece, making me very disappointed for a moment. But fortunately, because of the genius design behind it, everything locks in tight once I put everything together. This time around, the chest piece has multiple locks from other armor pieces like shoulder attachment and chest front, making everything stays securely. :) Also, even though the design of Leo's Cloth totally closed off the waist joints, it still allows the figure to rotate its waist freely underneath. A much pleasant surprise! The only obvious flaw I find in this figure is the back skirt armor attachment, which is just a peg that allows the armor piece to swing side to side, rather than a hinge that allow it to swing back & forth. The peg seems a bit weak and you have a tendency to loosen it too much every time you try to grab the figure from the waist. And there are still occasional small scratches here & there right out of the box. But otherwise, Aiolia is truely a thing of beauty! And the Gold Cloth just looks amazing!!! You just don't see gold depicted in a diecast toy to look this good in person. ;)

Moose,

The Saint Seiya Myth Cloth series is not really an update of the 'Target' figures, but more of a higher end Bandai Seiya toyline that is exclusively for Asian market, mainly Japan & Hong Kong. They are more articulated figures with diecast + chrome plastic armor parts. They cost around $35 - $50 each, with the Gold Saints more expensive than the Bronze. Read the previous posts of this thread for pics & more details.

As for where to get it cheap, HLJ.com usually is the cheapest if you go for the 'snail' SAL mail. But they don't have all of the figure in stock at the moment, and you have to be really patient to save those few bucks. Otherwise, AnimeQuest.com have pretty good price for U.S. online stores, especially if you buy a few at a time as they have a flat shipping rate. They probably have most if not all of them. Dealt with them once and they ship pretty fast. ImageAnime has them too, but cost a bit more.

Definitely go for Aiolia and the other upcoming Gold Saints! Then collect the Bronze if you have extra cash to burn.

good news golgoth :lol:

Cool!

Shaka is a great runner up. His Virgo Cloth has a full helmet too! Interesting to find out how Bandai will pull that off. Probably a very big chunk of removable hair. :p Wonder if it comes with 2 heads, one with eyes open & one with eyes close. It would be awesome if it does! :D Having the beads as accessories would be even more awesome!!!

Cool!

Shaka is a great runner up. His Virgo Cloth has a full helmet too! Interesting to find out how Bandai will pull that off. Probably a very big chunk of removable hair. :p Wonder if it comes with 2 heads, one with eyes open & one with eyes close. It would be awesome if it does! :D Having the beads as accessories would be even more awesome!!!

oh yah, didn't even think about that one. they definitely need one with his eyes closed and opened. preferably closed for the helm, and opened for the non-helm when he got his ass handed to him, just for a second, by Ikki. :D

Shaka looks pretty good, but the head looks like it need some work. The helmet causes the head to look big again, and Shaka looks sleepy rather than menacing. But still pretty good overall, especially for a half finished proto. I especially like the hair flaring out wide at the back. Really hope it comes with a head with eyes open as well.

Cool Pics!

Just got the Leo, very very nice... although the armor seems to have some quirks that I can't quite figure out... some pieces don't really seem to go together as well as I thought they would... so hard to decide how to pose him though... either armored figure, or on the display rack... hmm, I almost feel like getting a second one just to do both :D

Anybody have any idea when Sagittarius is coming out? These would probably be the only two I'll be getting, lack of money, grr...

there deosn't seem to be any specific order, and i don't think bandai has made a list of what's to come.

but i cant wait for them to make gemini...anybody guess why? :rolleyes:

Because you are very close to your femenine side? :unsure:

Maybe because you have two personalities? :blink:

Or is just because you think you are a little girl that looks like a boy? Hummmmm I wonder... :rolleyes:

Second one: My biggest gripe about the figure: that annoying gap right down the middle of the two hinged chest pieces... close the gap, and the left pauldron becomes loose. Tighten the clamp on the left pauldron, and the main chest piece sticks out so much it looks funny...

oh, observation as I was dismantling the figure... the thighs come completely off...

post-26-1085074329_thumb.jpg

mine is great, and i don't have a problem with the tabs, just have to be cautious.

just a little thing: the shoulders must be placed up :D like this:

leop.jpg

anyway, it gave me a little idea for a diorama , in order to display the 12 gold saints !

i have made a little drawing on paint:

plan1.jpg

Edited by isamu_dyson