Yamato Parts Service

robokochan

I will process what can be ordered but it will be the last one.

Mods please un-pin this topic.

With every request they seem to change what can and cannot be ordered.

It looks as though Yamato doesn't want to issue parts to fix thier mistakes, even at a price. I am sorry guys. I really tried. :(

Rob

Hiya Rob,

Shucks Yamato is starting to put a clamp on what can be ordered or what can't be ordered. Backpack hinge but no cover, that reminds to be extra gentle especially in regards to the hinge area of the backpack during transformation. Anyways thanks to ya rob for making the effort and providing a service. Graham if you are reading this, could you ask Yamato to make an exception in regards to the backpack hinge and cover assembly replacements as those parts are the most fragile of them all, not forgetting the canopy and heat shield which are also prone to scratched and mishandling. Thanks

Cheers

The lack of customer service from Yamato in this case is going to make me very cautious about making an expensive purchase from Yamato again. :angry: At least until they prove their QC has improved. The Max and Low-vis appanently came out fine. Let's hope they keep it up. The stuff they screwed up on on my Roy though is ridiculous. I will likely wait for reviews before I buy any new 1/48's or something a large as the SDF-1 is going to be.

I just hope I can get the intakes still for my Hikaru 1/48 if I end up keeping it, or at least as spares in case something happens to Roy. The cracks on Hikau's 1/48 were my own fault on that one though.

I don't know why they don't want to sell parts to fix their expensive valkyries, they would still make an additional profit off of just that. :huh: This is a Toynami-level screw. :angry::angry:

Edit: Toned it down a little.

Edited by Anubis

Rob,

Thanks for all the work you been doing for everyone.

Since this is the last time you will be ordering, I must ask for your help to order

Back Pack Hinge / BP-8 / 1/48 VF-1A Max

Back Pack Hinge / BP-8 / 1/48 VF-1S Roy

Again thanks for all you have done.

Edited by Rick011

hey rob, if this is your last order I need to make an amendment to what I need

in addition to the 2 BD-6 from any valk I ordered, it doesn't matter I just need new gear covers

I also need a L-W2

Edited by GobotFool

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Just an update. yamato has not responded to the offical order I sent in regarding the items they said "could" be ordered. As soon as they actually take the time to respond or send the items I will let everyone know.

I want to thank everyone for being patient and apologise that it is taking so long. But at this point I do not think that they are going to respond. I could say a lot of bad things but I won't. I know that people at Yamato read these threads and all I can say is: Your customer service leaves something to be desired. <_<

I can't believe I missed out on this. I have a 1/60 Hikaru 1A with a broken arm hinge. Will you be taking orders again in the future?

Sorry, I won't be. I am having enough troube trying to get Yamato to fill the present order. Plus in the intial info gathering Yamato said they will not issue parts for the 1/60 scale. Sorry.

Rob

that definitely is not cool...

when I got my Sauron fig from Toy Biz and broke the hand off, I contacted the company and they said "send it in, we'll give you a new one...and to make up for the shippin, we'll throw in a little extra" and of course, they were true to their word...brand new figure...plus an extra figure for the trouble. granted it's not a $120 figure, but THAT should be how companies act if they like repeat customers.

I haven't had many problems with my Yamato's but they definitely can learn something in the customer care dept.

and if anybody says any smack about Monkey-N...you just better be grateful that there's a guy in Jpn that's even nice enough to try and take the order with Yamato.

when I got my Sauron fig from Toy Biz and broke the hand off, I contacted the company and they said "send it in, we'll give you a new one...and to make up for the shippin, we'll throw in a little extra" and of course, they were true to their word...brand new figure...plus an extra figure for the trouble. granted it's not a $120 figure, but THAT should be how companies act if they like repeat customers.

I haven't had many problems with my Yamato's but they definitely can learn something in the customer care dept.

and if anybody says any smack about Monkey-N...you just better be grateful that there's a guy in Jpn that's even nice enough to try and take the order with Yamato.

Not to stray off the subject. Do you think Harmony Gold would do something similar if one of their MPCs was defective?

when I got my Sauron fig from Toy Biz and broke the hand off, I contacted the company and they said "send it in, we'll give you a new one...and to make up for the shippin, we'll throw in a little extra"  and of course, they were true to their word...brand new figure...plus an extra figure for the trouble.  granted it's not a $120 figure, but THAT should be how companies act if they like repeat customers.

Not to stray off the subject. Do you think Harmony Gold would do something similar if one of their MPCs was defective?

Aren't all MPCs defective? I wonder if the opinion "they suck" construes as a defect?

when I got my Sauron fig from Toy Biz and broke the hand off, I contacted the company and they said "send it in, we'll give you a new one...and to make up for the shippin, we'll throw in a little extra"  and of course, they were true to their word...brand new figure...plus an extra figure for the trouble.  granted it's not a $120 figure, but THAT should be how companies act if they like repeat customers.

Aren't all MPCs defective? I wonder if the opinion "they suck" construes as a defect?

Good point.

Yamato's customer service definately leaves something to be desired, especially when we pay an average of 130 bucks for each 1/48 Valkyrie. What happens if something breaks on the 1/60 Monster?

At least they could have told him up front: Sorry, but we don't offer parts. Not jerk Monkey-N around like that. I would have been furious is the story changed everytime I called. I have immediately stopped shopping at stores that treat their customers poorly. I was looking at a PG Gundam MK. II titans in a store once, and the guy there had the nerve to get rude with me. I guess I had the box in my hands too long. I put the box down and left, and informed him of how much I had been considering to spend before I did.

It doesn't make much financial sense either not to offer parts. They will still make money off the parts. I would be willing to eat the shipping cost on top of it. I can see and forgive not selling heads, as that could obviously interfere with new 1/48 s-models. But hip parts, arms, wings, chestplates, i.e. the stuff we actually do need, should be a given to make available for those of us that need them. A happy customer is generally a repeat customer. Some folks over there don't get it yet. This is the beginning of the path that Toynami took.

Yamato's QC has improved lately, but some aspects of customer service need to be re-examined.

I do agree that Yamato's constant change of story in the availability of spare parts leaves little to be desired. However we shouldn't forget the fact that they do not manufacture the parts in their office. They have factories in China make the toys for them. They are basically the designers and marketers in the whole product life cycle. And maybe they never did factor in spare parts as part of customer service. Think about it, how much would they need to order from the factories in order to satisfy our needs for one or two parts? They would need to stock up enough parts to make at least a hundred valks just to cater to the demands that trickle in. We also need to remeber that Yamato is not BANDAI and that they may not be able to afford this kind of service.

Having said that, I do agree that they should have been up front about not supporting spare parts and not list all the parts by number in their transformation manual. This I believe gave alot of us the false hope. And that sucks.

You mean Toynami, right? AFAIK, Harmony Gold doesn't make toys themselves. We're talking Yamato, not Big West, here right?

What IS the point of the parts # list in the transformation manuals if they're not even going to support it for Japan? They shoudl save the ink and paper and not print that page. :rolleyes: Still the best designed valkyries yet though I don't see that the China factory or the logistics system they must have would be remotely stressed by producing extra parts and not assembling them.

We also need to remeber that Yamato is not BANDAI and that they may not be able to afford this kind of service.

I guess that is right. But I ordered parts from Bandai about a year back....they sent them to me no charge. Now that is Customer Service.

I called again today (well not me, my partner). They told me to fax the list (of what could be ordered again). They seemed alittle more more friendly this time around....

I swear if I have to get on the train and go to their office with the list in hand.......this has become a personal battle for me that I am determined to win! :angry:

We also need to remeber that Yamato is not BANDAI and that they may not be able to afford this kind of service.

I guess that is right. But I ordered parts from Bandai about a year back....they sent them to me no charge. Now that is Customer Service.

I called again today (well not me, my partner). They told me to fax the list (of what could be ordered again). They seemed alittle more more friendly this time around....

I swear if I have to get on the train and go to their office with the list in hand.......this has become a personal battle for me that I am determined to win! :angry:

Once again, many thanks to you and your partner for even attempting this, whether it works out or not. Hopefully all it takes in the end is talking to the right person.

I'll be rooting for you Monkey-N. While you're at it, can you have them replace 1/60 parts as well?

Hi Monkey-N

I was just wondering, I place an order on Sept 23 right after you said this was the last time to place an order. So am I on your list of people ?

I would also like to know if I am on the list as well. Thanks for all your efforts Rob. :)

There are currently some 1/48 Yamato parts on auction at eBay from the seller macrossdyrl84.

1/48 parts

That would be me :D

1/48: 4 (down from 5, the piece of crap basically broke and cracked in pieces....  )

I thought it might be. Sorry about your loss, Dej.

Well, if it's any consolation, the next custom Max VF-1S you see in 1/48 will probably be thanks to you. ;)

Edited by Draykov

• 3 months later...

just opened my misb miriya super vf-1j 1/60 today... backpack hinge was broken..:(..was searching thru e threads to find info on this and came to this parts thread.

just want to know if anyone had the same problem on any of the 1/60 backpack hinges..(ie. broken) and was able to fix it? by ordering parts? instructions etc? any help would be greatly appreciated..and yes, i am open to ordering parts from any available source to fix my valk!

thanks!!