Teen Titans and Justice League

KingNor

What are your opinions on these shows? i happen to like them both, especially JL.

TT is so heavily influenced by Japanise animation i'm thinking it might have been made in japan. its an intresting style in my opinion. its a little /alot jarring sometimes when the don't get it "right" though.

in both serise i have to say the fights are actually entertaining, the hits are hard with a good mix of comedy

i really do like JL, mostly because of their "super bad ass" Batman, who's usually saveing the rest of the team. and how flash is just such a knuckle head and everyone's always kickin his butt. JL is also one of the few "american" animation shows out there where victoms of the bad guys often are actually killed, wich adds so much credibility to the show.

i just thought both shows were well done, and wanted to know what you guys think.

TT is ok, I watch it from time to time but I'm no fan of it. I love JL but it should only be aired on weekends and it should only be 30 min so we don't have to watch 6-8 months of 2 parter re-runs.

They both have their pluses.

JL is really a dramatic show. The character personalities are great and they've grown a lot since the first season (I love how they went back to the old Superman design from the more recent pre-JL cartoon as well as the voice). It's a lot more mature for a cartoon than many people are used to (well, for those not into anime) and I think that's one reason why its so popular.

Teen Titans is just pure fun and I think that's why I love it so much. The one that aired this past Saturday was hilarious. Anyway, I've noticed they're toning down slightly on the heavy overuse of the goofy anime style expressions, but when used, they're used well (still chuckling over Starfire last night). One thing I wish they'd do is say which god damned Robin it is!

I really enjoy both. Batman and Superman have always been my favorite superheros, the JL has actually allowed me to like the others more as well. Teen Titans was a welcome surprise. Robin has always been one of my favorite characters, especially this third Robin. As for the show I don't believe it was animated in Japan for that audiance but its just that its heavyly influnced by the style. The Teen Titans comics are american made after all and have been out for sometime before the actual series.

mindlessly entertaining... Like catching an eppisode of "Ed, Edd, and Eddy"

I have seen several eppisodes of JL.. dont' care for it much.. caught an epp of TT lastnight, I was mildly ammused

IMO: no sequential plot = crap (maybe horribly funny, but still crap)

I love both shows. TT is just hilarious to me. Is it just me or is the saturday night TT's intro song is sung in japanese while the sunday night one is sung in english? Either way the show just cracks me up especially beast boy. As for JL, that's just one awesome show that I'm glad is still showing. I'm just waiting for new episodes. Anybody know when newer episodes are coming out? Watching JL makes me think about how it all just started with Batman the animated series. Thanx to that series it paved way to Superman's series which also was cool. And of course all the guest appearances were always nice and then that paved way for JL. I hope they will end up making another series or just add more characters to the roster for both TT and JL. Maybe they can add in everyone from the JL comic book world and then just split them up as JLA and JLE like the comics had them. :p:D:lol:

Okay, I'll own up... :lol:

I quite enjoy watching both of them. DC certainly get better treatment for their stuff than Marvel has done. Teen Titans animation style is slightly similar to Totally Spies, which makes me wonder if theres a French connection there somewhere. The anime-style stuff is good fun, but it does come across as more of a gimmick at times. Its also, I think, the best screen representation of Robin so far...

They're both pretty good shows considering the limitations they have to work under, though not quite as good as the original Batman animated series. It was fun watching the JL re-fight World War II.

However, I do wish they weren't quite so limited by broadcast restrictions. Fighting a war in which no-one gets hurt is just dumb, and shows that perhaps we haven't moved on from G.I. Joe quite as much as we should have done by now. I'm not in favour of an all out gore-fest, but I do have to wonder if showing people playing with guns without any consequences is a bit self-defeating...

Haven't seen Teen Titans, but I love Justice League whenever I remember to watch it. Especially whenever they bring in the Joker or Darkside.

There was an hour run a few weeks ago with Darkside and Brainiac. Awesomely done. I loved how they portray Darkside in Superman TAS, and now in JL.

TT is so heavily influenced by Japanise animation i'm thinking it might have been made in japan.

Pretty much every hand drawn cell animated TV show of the last 20-30 years or so has had the bulk of the animation work done in both Japan and Korea ...Disney's Duck Tales, Rug Rats, Simpsons, Batman, you name it...the bulk of the grunt work (animation inbetweens, ink and paint, background painting, even camera work) has been outsourced for decades now...Even Japanese animation companies outsource such work to Korean facilities...it's just the way the industry works.

Teen Titans just seems to try WAY too hard to be liked. It's like they're just imitating what they think anime is all about (SD, overexpressions) without really thinking about it. Justice League has gotten better, but I really miss Batman The Animated Series...that was great television

Watch them both and love them both. 'nuff said.

As for Batman Animated series....just wait for 2005. There's going to be a DC rampup to promote the new Batman movie and a new Batman Animated series is in the works. It takes place when Batman is just starting out as Batman and first meets all his arch-enemies. see this months Toyfare for details.

I love both shows. TT is just hilarious to me. Is it just me or is the saturday night TT's intro song is sung in japanese while the sunday night one is sung in english?

I don't have cable so haven't seen either show. However, I do know Puffy AmiYumi sing the intro, because it's on their Nice album which I recommend if you are into a Beatle-ish/60s garage/indie rock sound. The TT theme is the weakest song on the album, IMHO.

I don't care for JL as much as I do TT. I try to keep up with all the new episodes, but I've been failing. 3rd Robin? Which Robin is which? You guys care to elaborate a little more plz? ^_^

As far as the new Batman movie, I would have prefered if they made one based off of Batman in the future. I cannot, for the likes of me, remember the name of the animated series set in the future. Batman Beyound?

I don't care for JL as much as I do TT. I try to keep up with all the new episodes, but I've been failing. 3rd Robin? Which Robin is which? You guys care to elaborate a little more plz? ^_^

As far as the new Batman movie, I would have prefered if they made one based off of Batman in the future. I cannot, for the likes of me, remember the name of the animated series set in the future. Batman Beyound?

Ok the Robin in TT is the first robin, Dick Grayson and yes Batman Beyond is the name of the futuristic batman animated series.

I love JL and TT is growing on me. The 3rd Robin is Tim Drake. Tim is the Robin in the TT cartoon. The 1st Robin was Dick Grayson. He was a member of the teen titans. He grows up to be Nightwing in the comics. 2nd Robin was Jason Todd. Fans hated him and Dc killed him off in the comics. The cartoons kinda run on their own continuity. In the cartoons their is no Jason Todd. Dick Grayson doesn't join the TTitans. Dick grows up to be nightwing and Batman meets Tim Drake and the rest is history.

I love JL and TT is growing on me. The 3rd Robin is Tim Drake. Tim is the Robin in the TT cartoon. The 1st Robin was Dick Grayson. He was a member of the teen titans. He grows up to be Nightwing in the comics. 2nd Robin was Jason Todd. Fans hated him and Dc killed him off in the comics. The cartoons kinda run on their own continuity. In the cartoons their is no Jason Todd. Dick Grayson doesn't join the TTitans. Dick grows up to be nightwing and Batman meets Tim Drake and the rest is history.

Ok, so what your saying is that the Robin in TT cartoon is Tim Drake? I was under the impression that it was Dick Grayson. There was an episode where Starfire went into the future where she found out what happened to the TT when she was missing the whole time. She ended up running into Robin, but it wasn't robin anymore. It was Nightwing. So can you explain that for me? :p:D:lol:

In the show its never said which Robin he is but part of the reason I think he's Tim is well because he acts like him. Dick and Todd never really acted like Batman but this Robin does time to time. He's more like Batman in his detective skills. From my understanding of the comics Tim is like that and more similar to Batman in how he does things. Actually the Adventures of Batman and Superman kinda show this as well. Nightwing/Robin was serious in his work but didn't really have that loner outlook until he became Nightwing, I think. Plus Dick was taller when he became Robin while this one is the same size as Tim(judging from the Batman and Superman show, and the times he and Batman showed up on the show Static Shock, hair style matches as well)

Ok, for the record, in TT, it's not specifically said which Robin it is.

Although, in one Batman Animated Series ep someone asked Batman where Robin was and BM said he's with the Titans now. (Don't remember any other details.) So we can assume it's Tim Drake.

If we follow the cartoon series continuity, tim becomes the Joker in Batman Beyond as well.

Bobe-Patt, in that ep where it showed Nightwing, it was just an alternate future. No need to go any further into detail.

I personally watch TT religiously and used to watch JL when it was on on Sat Nights.

Yeah if you follow the cartoons continuity, TT's Robin should be Tim Drake. At the end of the Batman TAS Dick Grayson was shown to have already become nightwing. Nightwing and Tim even shared their thoughts about working with Bruce. Another tip off the TT Robin is Tim Drake is the costume Robin has in the cartoon. It's the same one that Tim Drake was wearing at the end of the Batman animated series. Like I mentioned before the toons kinda follow their own continuity. For Instance GL in the Justice Legue should be Hal Jordan and not John Stewart. And the flash could be wally west and not Barry Allen. But thats another story for another day. BTW I think it would be a cool story if they show the fall from Grace of Hal jordan in a future story arc.

Edited by Golden Arms

I'm not a big fan of Justice League, but Teen Titans is one of the shows I actively try to catch on the weekends...

At first the anime thing was kind of irritating, but it quickly grew on me. I love the way that the show emphasizes the character relationships more than the fight of the week....

Totally Spies was another show that kinda just grew on me.... love it now.

The only comics that I'm reading as of now are the X-books. Claremont is back (yeah :lol: ) and Morrison has been writing some interesting stories. I think I'm going to pick up the Batman Hush series once it goes TPB.

I have no idea which Flash is on TV at the moment. I too want Rayner as GL (at least he was mentioned once). My guess is that we have Stewart for "diversity" in the cast. (Though you'd think a martian would be enough). :)

PS--Totally Spies *is* surprisingly good. If nothing else, it's the only animated show I know where the main characters actually do change clothes every day.

Outsiders---I read it mainly because Jade's in it. ;)

The TV Flash is supposed to be Wally West. But they needed a funnyman, so they grafted Plastic Man's personality over onto him.

I'm not to happy with how they did the show really. John Stewart is the token African American, at the expense of Hal or Kyle (Actually, Kyle should be in, considering as to how he already appeared on the Superman Cartoon). Hawkgirl is another pointless character grafted in to applease the Feminist lobby. From what I've read, to put her in, they tossed out Plastic Man, Aquaman, Firestorm and Orion. Then, to solve the lack of the brain dead funnyman that TV executives insist every cartoon must have, they grafted the crackhead they have now over Wally's shy, unassuming personality.

It was a decent attempt. Though, I'm not really happy with the characters.

What we need is Grant Morrison's Big 7 (Or 8 if you count Plastic Man).

This is all I remember Stewart for...

post-26-1076915975_thumb.jpg

I rather like Justice League. That may be partially due to my lack of interest in the comics, so any inconsistancies go unnoticed by me.

The writing is definitely getting better as time goes on, and seems a good bit higher then your average cartoon. Several of the recent episodes have been WONDERFUL, including the one which heavily featured Solomon Grundy.. I won't spoil it for those haven't seen it, but that one definitely affected me.

The recent episode with Darksied(sied? side? I /think/ its Darksied, but could be wrong..) was spectacular, too, if only due to providing one of those rare glimpses(again, for me.. I don't pay attention to the comics, it may happen more often there) of Superman taking the gloves off and really getting into the dirty work.

Aquaman HAS shown up in the series, too, on atleast two occasions.. but really, who cares about Aquaman? O.o

I rather like Justice League. That may be partially due to my lack of interest in the comics, so any inconsistancies go unnoticed by me.

The writing is definitely getting better as time goes on, and seems a good bit higher then your average cartoon. Several of the recent episodes have been WONDERFUL, including the one which heavily featured Solomon Grundy.. I won't spoil it for those haven't seen it, but that one definitely affected me.

The recent episode with Darksied(sied? side? I /think/ its Darksied, but could be wrong..) was spectacular, too, if only due to providing one of those rare glimpses(again, for me.. I don't pay attention to the comics, it may happen more often there) of Superman taking the gloves off and really getting into the dirty work.

Aquaman HAS shown up in the series, too, on atleast two occasions.. but really, who cares about Aquaman? O.o

Yeah, it is a RARE RARE RARE occurrence for Superman to actually be ready to kill his opponent outright (Darkseid). To say he was pissed off would have been an understatement. Almost out of character for Supes, but given the day he had he was justified to want to bust someone's head.

Wonder how that would have panned out had Batman not pulled him out.

Ok, for the record, in TT, it's not specifically said which Robin it is.

Although, in one Batman Animated Series ep someone asked Batman where Robin was and BM said he's with the Titans now. (Don't remember any other details.) So we can assume it's Tim Drake.

If we follow the cartoon series continuity, tim becomes the Joker in Batman Beyond as well.

True it's never said which Robin it is and there are a bunch of conflicting clues as to which one he is.

That was actually a Static Shock episode where Static asks Batman where he is and Batman says with the Titans. You'll meet them soon.

Also, it's more like the Joker takes over Tim's body more than Tim becomes the Joker.