Question on Nichimo Battle Pods

GianS

Yeah, that's my picture. I was rather amused when I searched for "Nichimo Regult" on google and my review of the kit was the first match. :lol: If you don't have a good idea of the size of that paint bottle in the photo, you can look at the grid they're standing on: those are one-inch squares.

I highly recommend all the Nichimos. I'm a big fan of the line, they're cheap and a lot of fun. I think most of them look really good, too: the only ones I don't especially like are the non-super battroids (very oddly-shaped) and the gerwalks (proportional problems, especially in the arms.) Later today I'll post final pictures of the Nichimo Regult I've been working on. It's out-of-box, except that I added decals scaled down from the Imai Regult, and filled in the screw-holes.

If you want to see my full review of the Nichimo Regult, it is here:

http://1-4-4.home.comcast.net/models/Reviews/1_200_Regult/

If you want to get a valk in that scale, get the Super Battroid. That thing's pretty nice. All the Nichimos are sort of crude in places, panel lines are too big, parts count is low (leading to draft-angle problems), things like that, but the basic forms are in many ways better than the equivalent (larger) Arii and Imai kits.

If you buy re-releases, though, don't use the stickers. Get someone to print some decals for you if you want markings.

Note: that is a MINI Tamiya paint bottle...

The regults are really nice.

The idea of decals is good. Maybe we can ask Anasazi to make some.

My experience with Tamiya paint must be pretty limited. I didn't know there was another size. :lol:

I've had decals printed for the Nichimo Tomahawk and Regult. They're based on the Imai versions of both. Anybody who wants a copy of the decal designs, let me know - or you can order sheets from Peter Savin (http://models4you.whoadude.com) - since he's already printed up the decals once, he should be able to do so again with little difficulty.

The only problems with my Regult decals at present are that the white shapes that go on the upper legs aren't properly fitted to the Nichimo kit, and the number sequences that go on the hips are white instead of black. (I think I had them printed white because I wanted to have that serial number on the blue part of the pod, but I forgot that they appear on the hips as well.)