Check Out Whos' Gonna Be In Transformers...

Kamui 777

It's Jet/Skyfire

skyfire.jpg

Note how he has the cartoon face and the Macross VF-1S Face/Armor Plate! :lol:

Cool. I'm glad to see they are bringing him back.

Note how he has the cartoon face and the Macross VF-1S Face/Armor Plate!

Check him out at Comics Continuum:

jetfire.jpg

Edited by Kamui 777

Nice! Who handled the design specs for the new Jetfire? The robot mode is pretty nice.....and I totally dig the YF-19 fighter mode. The smell of Macross is very strong for this new Aubobot(?). :D

Don Figueroa and Pat Lee are getting credit for the designs. (But I hate Pat Lee's TFs so let's just say Don. :lol: )

And chances are slim to none that Hasbro are going to make toys of the WWI designs from what they said at Botcon. But who knows...

Edited by Kamui 777

And chances are slim to none that Hasbro are going to make toys of the WWI designs from what they said at Botcon. But who knows...

That would be a shame b/c the WWII Transformers/GI JOE lineart looked damned good. Anyone know where those pics are?

Optimus = Heavy Weapons Transport

I'm not much of a Transfan, but that design is definately cool. Any chance of a toy being made based on it?

if you repaint a Ultra sized BM jetstorm's vehicle mode you'd almost get a good facsimille of WW Jetfire neverless if hasbro ever made such a toy Yamato would probably get spooked

Edited by Prowlus

Is it just me but other than the motorcycle-helmet head, doesn't the bot mode look kinda Gundamish?...[sarcasm]oh swell, first OP, now JF![/sarcasm]

Edit ? mark

Edited by GDomino

the alt mode is very reminscent of beast machines jetstorm, though the transformation borrows heavily from the two japanese sequels to beast wars, as well as macross. and yeah the robot mode has a little gundam wing/zeta to it. can someone explain to me why this guy isn't working with the toy department at hasbro, other than making orson look like a hack?

Nice looking mech, might even have a realistic transformation, guess they are taking cue from Macross how to, finally, though Devilsdue didn't if you see their starscream that transforms into a night raven, the arms are in the engine nacelles, ugh.

hmmmmmm, this would certainly have to be skyfire and not jetfire, cause all you transformer experts will have to note, in the comic jetfire was built on earth, while skyfire counted as an ancient cybertronian.

But remember this is Dreamwave contiunity and in the More than Meets the Eye Guides, he's named Jetfire. But who knows, I always thought Kup had his Cybertronian form since the beginning of time. :lol:

I think they should have just stuck with the Skyfire from the cartoon. He was already in his Cybertronian mode when they found him. He didn't look bad at all in either mode. I'm sure they could have just updated his look slightly, and he would have been good to go. Oh well ... Kind of a shame that Hasbro never made an actual toy of the cartoon Skyfire/Jetfire.

I think they should have just stuck with the Skyfire from the cartoon. He was already in his Cybertronian mode when they found him. He didn't look bad at all in either mode. I'm sure they could have just updated his look slightly, and he would have been good to go. Oh well ... Kind of a shame that Hasbro never made an actual toy of the cartoon Skyfire/Jetfire.

Yep! That is the problem with War Within. TF's that never had any mode but a Cybertronian have a different look in War Within. Look at Kup, he never had an Earth mode. In War Within he looks real funky. I guess it was never realized that Kup did not get formatted to match Earth's vehicles........ Same mistake done with Skyfire.............

I'm sure Don realizes that the post-movie characters already had Cybertronian modes. However, as an artist with his own unique vision, it's well within his bounds to alter those modes to create a more fluid (i.e. consistent design) universe.

It can all be explained away by remembering that millions of years elapsed from the crash of the Ark to the coming of Unicron. It's not unlikely that those on Cybertron would have been rebuilt or upgraded had they so chosen during the many years of fighting.

Edited by Etrigan

Or, it could be that during TWW, the Transformers simply had more power available for more complex forms. All of the characters could have changed over to simpler forms in order to conserve energy. Remember, the Micromasters were actually created to be more fuel-efficient than the larger models. I could easily see, say, the Seekers, being stripped down as the war dragged on, making them sleeker and more fuel-efficient.

Or hell, maybe Kup just wanted a new body. :p

wow, he looks a lot meaner than those in those old transformers comics, lol.

don't like the designs a lot, but thats cuz i'm a huge old school fan.

like some people have said....if dprime had just tweaked the old designs a little we could have had an actual skyfire toy made!