I want Yamato 1/48 "Big Hands"....

CaptainMarvel

I recently purchased a Yamato 1/48 VF-1S, which doesn't come with the large cartoon style hands. I really, really want a set of those, but I can't afford to buy an entirely new valkyrie just to salvage the hands (and even if I could, my other valkyrie wouldn't match anymore).

Does anybody:

1) Know anybody who would be willing to sell me a set of the hands? Surely somebody out there has a broken 1/48, so maybe they wouldn't be able to use the hands.

2) Know any store I can buy them from? Even knock-off 3rd party versions?

3) Know anybody who might be willing to let me pay them to re-cast a pair of hands for me?

Doesn't seem likely anybody will be willing to part with their "big hands" from the last releases...

It's much, much more likely that someone here will recast them (hint! hint!) and sell them for a small amount. It really is a perfect item for recasting.

And it's also possible Yamato may make them available seperately... but this could take awhile or might not happen (remember the 1/60 fastpack add-ons?). But at least they're considering it.

This is from the "1/48 fixed pilot thread" which can be found here.

Graham said:

In the past, I've suggested to Yamato several times that they should make a 1/48 accessory set, containing standing 1/48 pilot figures as well as non-articulated DYRL style hands (gunpod hand, open hand & fist), similar in concept to the 1J TV hands.

Last time I mentioned this idea was about a month ago and they seemed fairly receptive to the idea, so there is a small chance it may eventually happen.

Graham

So, I'd be patient. I'll bet the recasters here on MW are probably already on this like white on rice.

EDITED to add "probably on this like white on rice"... I got no idea if anybody's decided to this yet...

Edited by Blaine23

While Yamato might scoff at the MPC, they could take note of its hands. They're way better than the 1/48's...

Or at least look what Takara/Hasbro did with the MP-1. Those hands are better than the 1/48 hands, too...

you know you want to buy the VF-J :lol: anyways, it comes with two sets of hands.... big hands all around!

nope, no desire to buy one, just want the hands.

thanks for clearing that up, kingnor. There's no way I could've been joking in that post. I seriously can't comprehend what I read... again, thank you! :rolleyes:

He want's big hands, I want a Yamato style big nosecone. :p

Hey, we just gotta learn to live with what we were born with, unless you consider cosmetic surgery that is. B))

Implants anyone?

Hey, I wonder if Zentradi resizing chambers can selectively macronize specific parts of the body?

Graham

If they do make large hands then that is ok, personally

I'd like the idea of spare hands with movable fingers

a slight re design of yamatos VF hands where the pinky

and index finger is bent more uniformly to the other fingers

sorta like fingers on some gundam hands or like was said earlier

the Convoy masterpiece collection hands.

(or even like those toynami Vf hands if all else

is not considered)

He want's big hands, I want a Yamato style big nosecone. :p

We all want a big nosecone but none of those 'male enhancements' work. :lol:;)

I did a search for hands on hlj.com and found some optional hands by Wave and B-Club. The B-Club hands are 1/100 Gundam hands so I think those will be too small. The Wave do not have a picture or a size. If you look around, maybe there are some hands that will fit.

Ok. Just to put you guys at ease I'll be handing the hands over to Rohby by the end of this week. We just keep having scheduling problems. I've been working over 70 hrs a day. I'll update you soon. :)

Heh... I knew somebody would already putting this together.

nevermind.

:p

Rohby - let me know when you start taking the orders. ;)

I am in the same predicament viz a viz the hands on my VF-1S.

A thought just occured to me. I could try and carve myself a new set from a soft white pencil eraser. I have a sharp scalpel for the job and a set of TV hands from my VF-1J for reference.

You never know. It just might work...

Dude... who are you, MacGyver? :p

post-4-1076739083.jpg

LOL... that's great work FR!

Man you guys are so impatient, you're starting to pull household stuff to make valk parts. What's next? Clothespins for replacement feet?

Just an update, I met with Rohby yesterday and handed him the hands...

er... the hands are in good hands...

um... I had the hands handy so I...

nevermind... <_<

Edited by >EXO<

damn that's crazy Flippant. skills man...skills. I think I got some left over Mono eraser from College that I don't use anymore...maybe I can do something like that...like widdling wood...err how do you spell it??

EXO, you had one too many drinks or what? keep ur hands to urself! lol

whittling wood (whittle)

man... i gotta get a life.....

damn that's crazy Flippant.  skills man...skills.  I think I got some left over Mono eraser from College that I don't use anymore...maybe I can do something like that...like widdling wood...err how do you spell it??

EXO, you had one too many drinks or what?  keep ur hands to urself!  lol

whittling wood (whittle)

man... i gotta get a life.....

I thought it sounded like the way I spelled it...but I knew it was spelled wrong. thanks. No life needed, you've got Macross! :D