Perfect transforming VF-2SS

Comicbookheros

I guess I have to start this thread all over again, oh well.

So has anyone tried to make their VF-2SS Bandai kit capable of transforming without removing the legs?

Also as stated before in the old thread please share any thoughts or ideas about this. I know there was a few other people who were going to atempt this, as well as myself. Well let the conjuring begin :D

I would just be curious to some ideas on this. The way the legs of the VF 2SS transform according to Kawamori doesn't seem to translate well into stable toys or models.

Kawamori had nothing to do the design of the VF's in Macross II.

In fact Kawamori hates Macross II.

The mechancial designs in Macross II were handled by Kouichi Ohata (Mechanical Design Supervision) and Junichi Akutsu & Jun Okuda (Mechanical Design).

Graham

Was this in Macross II? How did I miss it!? I have to watch it again. I like this design the most so far. I found others too "blocky" looking. Have they ever made a toy or model kit of this?

I would say I like Macross II more than Macross 7 even though it has a Macross ship in the series but I didn't like the design. However, I didn't like the way they destroyed the Macross ship at the end of Macross II and the story is mediocre, but I do like one song in the OVA.

Im hoping a group of us will workon making a 1/100 non-armored transformable. Another member did accomplish this task....though I would not say "perfect transformation" Parts had to be replaced....at the 1/100 scale...I don't think you could do better....even 1/72 would be hard.....I think we have to look for Yamato to do a 1/60 to pull that off...still I would love to see it.

I would just be curious to some ideas on this.  The way the legs of the VF 2SS transform according to Kawamori doesn't seem to translate well into stable toys or models.

Kawamori had nothing to do the design of the VF's in Macross II.

In fact Kawamori hates Macross II.

The mechancial designs in Macross II were handled by Kouichi Ohata (Mechanical Design Supervision) and Junichi Akutsu & Jun Okuda (Mechanical Design).

Graham

My bad :o Thanks Graham, you are exactly right. I was typing fast and it is just a reflex to associate Kawamori with Macross designs. I think part of the reason Mac II gets such a bad rap is because it is well known that Kawamori hates it. Is it true that he is part of the reason there aren't many Mac II toys? (cough Yamato 1/48 VF-2ss cough)

Someone make a 1/72 or 1/48...come on!

I know someone on these boards made one in 1/72 scale with a revoveable Fast Pack (it looked sweet B) ) Does anyone know if that kit is still available? I just had an idea (*...... looks devilishly from side to side to see if anyone is watching....*)

Hey everybody,

Was just wondering what was the progress on the VF-2SS whether its an attempt at perfect transformation or the transformable downgrade kit. I also might have a potential tip I picked up from work if it has not already been thought of by the modeling guru's here. If it has, just ignore this newbish discovery.

My uncle's shop builds furniture and to get that silver/steel metal styled finish they glue thin sheets of aluminum to the finished frame. Ok, how in the world would this apply to models?

This method could be used to reinforce areas on a model kit. Thin sheets of aluminum (paper thin that is) can be found at your local home depot store under the HVAC section.

Some areas of a model need to be filled in for reinforcemeant, other areas are impractical to fill in because you need the space that is there. So I am guessing a thin sheet of metal on the underside of the plastic will reinforce the plastic and allow you to drill that necessary hole and provide some support at the same time. For areas with curves, cut strips instead of a matched piece (ie, instead of bending one big piece which looks like the piece you are reinforcing) and allow it to bend in place then glue another strip next to it as needed. If you ever watch those shows on PBS and happen upon boat building you will know what I mean.

A friend of mine fixed the broken hip on his VF-11B toy by cutting the old one up and gluing and putting with the reinforcement underneath. He said it reminded him of how you used to use those round reinforcement stickers on three ring binders and papers.

Well if this makes sense, I hope it helps someone out.

--Dax415

Neat idea. As for progress on the transformation, honestly, I am waiting to get the upgrade parts from Rob and start working out how the whole thing goes together. I know 13 members have theirs on the way...hopefully we can get as many people as possible to jump on board with this one and get it going. I also know Valkyrie is working on gorgeous clear canopies for the VF2SS and Malich came up with the other set of BClub upgrade parts which he is working on finding ways to share...so all in all...its coming along well. If you interested in the transformation parts let Rob (Monkey Nugget ) know asap..I know he is almost out...

Here is the link to the MW Member who made a non-armored transformable one

LINK

Now...for a little "inspiration"! :)blcub79_02.jpg

Is it true that he is part of the reason there aren't many Mac II toys? (cough Yamato 1/48 VF-2ss cough)

From what I've been told, yes it's true.

Unfortunately, what this means is that the chances of seeing any Yamato Macross II toys are slim to none until Yamato have made every Kawamori designed VF first.

Only then would Kawamori say "Go ahead, I don't care, you've made all my stuff already". B)

Graham

Don't shoot me for this, but legal issues aside, perhaps Toynami should see if they can get a Macross II toy license from Big West.

Heck that might be the only way we will ever see Macross II toys. Toynami do seem to have been getting better with their sculpts recently (FPs & Alpha MPC).

Graham

Don't shoot me for this, but legal issues aside, perhaps Toynami should see if they can get a Macross II toy license from Big West.

Heck that might be the only way we will ever see Macross II toys. Toynami do seem to have been getting better with their sculpts recently (FPs & Alpha MPC).

Graham

I agree, toynami has to get it right sometime :blink:

Graham

ACK!

BANG!!!!!

Quick put another round in em, he's still movin!!

BANG!!!!!

BANG!!!!!BANG!!!!!BANG!!!!!BANG!!!!!

BANG!!!!!

BANG!!!!!BANG!!!!!BANG!!!!!BANG!!!!!BANG!!!!!

(I know what your thinking....was that 11 shots or 12...well...do ya feel lucky punk? Do ya...)

:p

(perhaps I am being to harsh...based on the Masterpiece the dream is better then a cruddy reality...that just gives me more to complain about. (see my feelings on the Fire and Blazer Valk) Still...if they do a better job on the Legioss (Alpha) maybe I should change my mind...but...since Toynami targets the US, and Macross II is nearly unknown here, it would seem they either need to boost sales overseas, or make MacII more well known to make the license worthwhile...

*Bang* Might as well add my ammo to the pile.....

*Holsters P226*

BANG!!!

...Borrows fiancee's Desert Eagle .50 AE and shoot's off Commander McBride's over-active posting fingers! ... <_<

:p:lol:

edit to add: just funnin with ya!

Edited by trueblueeyes

*Bang* Might as well add my ammo to the pile.....

*Holsters P226*

BANG!!!

...Borrows fiancee's Desert Eagle .50 AE and shoot's off Commander McBride's over-active posting fingers! ... <_<

:p:lol:

edit to add: just funnin with ya!

Hey! If you notice, I've actually been trying to post less, lately......

Crap! this was an unnecessary post! :lol:

And, BTW, that eagle wouldn't be too good for shooting off fingers. It'd probably blow my whole hand apart! :lol:

Edited by Commander McBride