2 PICS of EGM's Robotech: Invasion preview.

UN Spacy

that looks almost exactly like that last few levels of Half-Life.

That's what I thought!! :lol:

Is it just me, or does that one Invid have boobies? <_<

Vostok 7

Oh jesus christ. Now thats an image I wont be forgetting to soon. Thank you Vostok. <_<

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

that looks almost exactly like that last few levels of Half-Life.

That's what I thought!! :lol:

Is it just me, or does that one Invid have boobies? <_<

Vostok 7

Lemme guess, someone hasnt gotten action in a while <_<

That game looks pretty good graphics wise, does anyone remember playing pitfall on atari2600, that was the best game out at the time.......how about baseball on intellivision, guess im old school.

• 1 month later...

Some of you sound like a bunch of spoiled gen-whiners to me.

I think the graphics look great. You're only seeing a few development screenshots anyways.

That "egg-sac half-life rip off" looks exactly like an Invid hive from the series. I don't see how that's a rip off, unless it's Mospeada ripping itself off.

I understand some people not liking FPS games, and wanting a flight sim. TDK decided to go the FPS route. I'd rather see them try to do one part well rather than try to put Mospeada's in with Legioss flight sim together and have a greater risk of them both turning out poorly. Anyways, I think it will be alot of fun running and jumping around in a Mospeada/Cyclone, and I love FPS games.

So, choose to complain and be sad about it, or just be happy that anything remotely Mospead'ish is coming out at all. I guess some of you would rather play a Digimon game or something??

While I don't like the idea of FPS, I will wait to see what this game ends up like.

The article says "late 2004." With that much time until it is released, I pretty sure these are early build shots.

Why they would go with FPS is a mystery to me. I also think a GTA3-type engine would work nicely. Oh well, I guess I'll have to get my Invid fix this way...(I am sooo crossing my fingers for playable multiplayer invid)

Writing Bandai does not get us a Mospeada based game!

I've already played plenty of crappy Bandai Macross games, thanks.

That shitty robotech game is more than enough to counterbalance the good to not so Macross games.

Man. FPS... only way I can see that being half way decent is if it's like Jedi Outcast/Academy in that there is a 3rd person mode... but without the Alpha, what kinda game is this? I was kinda expecting them to just change the protagonist and antagonist models, some of the objectives and basically have the same kinda game as Battlecry but set in New Gen.

While I guess it's a start, it's still blech.

A nice realistic 3rd person/FPS mode switchable simulator able to link complete with Veritech's and/or Cyclones would be something! If they ever develop one they could use it for all 3 eras...

Thing is, what's the point in centering a game around Ride Armor, if you can't ride with it!

So its gonna be Half Life with inbit.....

No mecha, other than the Ride-less Ride Armor??

<_<

No garuntees of that.

I mean, c'mon people. We've seen TWO whole screenshots, and those were of such an early build it's not funny! What's wrong with waiting a bit longer and seeing what develops?

Or is this going to turn out like normal and a complete bash-fest?

Or is this going to turn out like normal and a complete bash-fest?

<_<

Seriously though, this is typical fanboyism at it's worst. Yeah, HG has a history of undelivered promises but theres no reason to start bashing the game this early. Wait to have some actual reasoning for your bashing, you'll look a bit more respectable that way.

We don't know if this was an early build. For all we know it could be very much like how the game will look. I agree we shouldn't start bashing or even praising the game till more information is released.

Edited by Effect

Thing is, what's the point in centering a game around Ride Armor, if you can't ride with it!

So its gonna be Half Life with inbit.....

No mecha, other than the Ride-less Ride Armor??

<_<

I doubt they would do that... It would be kinda pointless. Fans wouldn't buy it, the whole attraction that Robotech had in the 80's was the transforming mecha.

This is also TDK interactive, aka "we're going to make a game better than VFX2, oh wait, maybe we'll just copy the VFX-1 engine, shorten the levels, and pretty it up 'a little' and call it robotech"

This game will suck, get over it!

If your mind is already that made up, Keith, why do you even bother wandering in on this topic to see the rest of us trying to discuss the game itself and waiting to see what will happen out of all the possibilities?

Besides, I happen to like Battlecry, so I'm more than a little interested in a New Gen. game coming from the same company.

If your mind is already that made up, Keith, why do you even bother wandering in on this topic to see the rest of us trying to discuss the game itself and waiting to see what will happen out of all the possibilities?

Besides, I happen to like Battlecry, so I'm more than a little interested in a New Gen. game coming from the same company.

Just because I know it will suck, does not mean I'm not interested in seeing just how badly it will suck :)