I got them today....

Toonz

ok, nevermind then about the elint not being able to be in normal valk mode. It can but it just has that post sticking out in the back. That's ok I guess. Now, my other gripe is the super O doesn't come with any arm armor? LePoseur's pix show the super O with no arm armor. Wonder why it doesn't come with any? Man, as more pix come in, more flaws are pointed out. I guess nothing can be perfect. I guess I'ma have to wait for a miracle like bandai reissuing their elint and super O! :p:D:lol:

Nope, it doesn't come with the arm armor. The old bandais came with them, but as far as the anime DYRL is concerned, there is no arm armor, Yamato is just being accurate to athe anime.

but having said that, it does feel kinda wierd to have no arm arm armor.

ok, nevermind then about the elint not being able to be in normal valk mode. It can but it just has that post sticking out in the back. That's ok I guess. Now, my other gripe is the super O doesn't come with any arm armor? LePoseur's pix show the super O with no arm armor. Wonder why it doesn't come with any? Man, as more pix come in, more flaws are pointed out. I guess nothing can be perfect. I guess I'ma have to wait for a miracle like bandai reissuing their elint and super O!  :p  :D  :lol:

Nope, it doesn't come with the arm armor. The old bandais came with them, but as far as the anime DYRL is concerned, there is no arm armor, Yamato is just being accurate to athe anime.

but having said that, it does feel kinda wierd to have no arm arm armor.

What would be wierd if Yamato DID go all anime correct on this toy and didn't put a battroid mode on it. It never transformed to battroid in DYRL? :rolleyes:

i know alot of you that got these, say they like it but whos to say i will?

No one. You either do or you don't.

another yamato crap shoot  <_<  well if i buy these and i don't like them, you'll see them in the "for sale" section here...like everything else i buy that i hate.  :)

Nah, save yourself the pain and mental anguish and skip it :D

Quick question for those lucky enough to have the toys; Can the VT-1's head retract in fighter mode? What I mean is, when the VT-1 is flying in an atmosphere, it ditches the armour for aerodynamics, right? Well, it also folds up the head so the faceplate/radome fits within the neck collar and faces down. Can the toy version do this?

Man, that's a bummer about the lack of arm armor for the VT-1. Sure it's not in the movie, but it would have been nice to have. It actually looks lacking without it. And I doubt they passed along the savings seeing as how it costs as much as the VE-1. Well, I can paint up some spare armor for it, I guess.

As for the VE-1, man, how could Yamato mess this one up?! They had been working on this one for awhile. How could they not consider things like adding another hinge to the radar dish arm and coming up with a better way to attach the dish?!?! Even the Bandai Elint had a better way to do it that didn't sacrifice the regular fighter mode. I don't see anybody trading in their Bandai Elint's anytime soon. What a disappointment!

Man, that's a bummer about the lack of arm armor for the VT-1. Sure it's not in the movie, but it would have been nice to have. It actually looks lacking without it. And I doubt they passed along the savings seeing as how it costs as much as the VE-1. Well, I can paint up some spare armor for it, I guess.

Why is everyone crying over a lack of arm armor on the Ostrich? It's NOT SUPPOSED to have any arm armor. As already stated above, only the old Takatokus had this and it was NOT correct. All other representations of it in all of the line art, the Hasegawa models, resin garage kits, and associated artwork have never once shown the Ostrich with the arm guards on.

Not trying to pick a fight with you, man, but that's exactly how it's supposed to be - it's not like they left something out.

As for the VE-1, man, how could Yamato mess this one up?! They had been working on this one for awhile. How could they not consider things like adding another hinge to the radar dish arm and coming up with a better way to attach the dish?!?! Even the Bandai Elint had a better way to do it that didn't sacrifice the regular fighter mode. I don't see anybody trading in their Bandai Elint's anytime soon. What a disappointment!

Got me on that one. My bet is that that big dish is just too heavy to stay on using a removable mount piece. I guess this is a let down to some, but for me, it doesn't present a problem - I just think the Elint doesn't look like an Elint without the big saucer on top, and don't see any reason to remove it.

post-4-1062270871_thumb.jpg

With removable hinge for the radar dish or not, with arm armour or not, I like what I see and I´m desperately waiting till Kevin delivers these two beautys :D

Could anyone of the lucky b@stards that got them post a side view pic? I´m asking ´cause it seems that the nosecone (thank God) is different from the one of the prototypes (which was too elongated and lacked the square shape on top). Thanks in advance!

For those who have the Hasegawa Elintseeker kit and have built it, does the dish attach in a similar manner to the backpack as in the Yamato version? Yes, I know it's not variable, but I was wondering how they went about designing it for the kit. I'm not feeling that ugly joint on the backpack. It's just so plain and out of place. It's as if the designer(s) didn't put any effort into making it anything more than just a place where the rod would attach to.

Actually, I just noticed something. In the early pics of the Elintseeker such as the one still up on HLJ, you can see that those bevelled pieces on the backpack that the dish rod is attached to are much smaller and look better than the final version. I just don't get why Yamato makes changes for the worse, IMO.

Here's the link to the HLJ page:

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljpage.cgi?YMTMC-17

Here's the link to Twinmoons's page:

http://www.tmpforums.com/images/ve1vt1/ve1-03.jpg

Man,

Graham, pictures of the valks always look these good, Good photography there. It goes to show that abit of natural light always enhanced the looks of the valks, but not to much sunlight though as it will hurt your valks.

Cheers

:rolleyes::D

Although these days I'm not such a big fan of the 1/60 line, I gotta say these are really nice toys.

Here's a couple of pics of mine:

Graham

fp-5.jpg

fp-6.jpg

Wah! :blink: Great pictures there.

I think the 1/60 line is calling me. :huh: Must........... resist........ eyes stuck to the pictures.............. must resist............