I came across this Movie website

Southcross

I was doing an Google search for Princess Mononoke. Princess Mononoke was probably the last "theatrical" anime I had seen outside of renting or buying on DVD. And I was drawn to see what fan sites might exist.

I came across www.hsx.com, Hollywood Stock Exchange? This site has to be a joke? or a really big marketing gimic? Has anyone seen it? Made me go "WTF?"

but anywaysies...

Anyone know of any good "English/EngRish" Princess Mononoke fan sites?

HSX.com is just a fun little online game. There's no real money that exchanges hands. Basically people play movies and stars like stocks and bonds, respectively. You invest in a movie for either short term (because of hype) or long term because of potential final box office.

A bunch of us at work were involved with this a few years back (they even used to have a weekly video update of the week's big movers). It was fun for awhile because it threw a little competitve edge in with a general love of movies. Unfortunately, it can be manipulated too easily and for the most part we grew bored because one of our gang (not to mention how many strangers) abused the system.