Takaken Macross mini movie - Encounter

Shawn

Not sure if I've posted this before

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/multimedia/W7MOV_H.zip

There is no sound-its an m1v file (mpg with no sound)

Its from one of the Macross fan cdroms that a fan group was selling in Japan a couple years ago

Kept it full size so you can watch full screen-72MB download. Try not to hammer the server too much...haha

If you are wondering why this style looks familiar, Takaken stopped doing these fan works and did the the opening animation for the Macross VO game

Shawn

Wow. That was incredible. Thanks for posting that Shawn. That made my night Macross-wise. :)

Everyone should do themselves a favor. . . when the VF-1S transforms, watch it in slow motion. It's a think of beauty!

Best Regards,

H

WOW!

That was fantastic! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've seen plenty of fan made movies for Star Wars, Babylon 5, and Star Trek, but never anything from Macross. This is a great short! Fantastic.

Can't wait to read everyone's reactions to this.

Edited by Mr March

The a-hole purist in me would say: It's space, there is no sound. :)

Oddly, that's exactly what it would have sounded like. . . just dead silence.

But of course, I'm sure you knew that. . . and I'm just being an anal peon.

How about setting it to some music though. . . that would be easy enough! :)

Best Regards,

H

Thanks Shawn for that wonderful video.

Holy crap ... that was how I envisioned Strike VF-1s, VF-11s and VF-19 being used together. Strike VF-1s for anti-shipping, VF-11 for CAP and VF-19 for air (or space) superiority and support.

Not going to complaing about the clip ... even though there is no sound ... man, it looks great!!

Wow, that's awesome stuff! Takaken sure made some interesting ship designs for the UN Spacy. I liked how the valks were stored in a sort of "magazine" waiting for the launch arm.

And for Macross World's own animators, you guys should consider the gauntlet thrown down. I want to see you top that!

Can anyone tell what they did this with?

I don't have the file here at work with me. . . but I think the closing credits eventually show you what was used. The credits look very static, but they do progress.

That rocks the house...

It smacks strongly of Spacebattles.com

http://www.spacebattles.com/

I especially like the battered old looking VF-1's they show. Obviously worn out compared to the nice shiny new VF-11's and YF-19's.

I thought of posting a thread with a link to this film at my old stomping grounds, but I don't think my profile is there anymore. And I don't feel like signing up again.

If only the movie was a bit longer... :(

For the heck of it, I threw in the Gwar song "Immortal Corrupter" and skipped the intro and paused it right before the meat of the song starts up and unpause it once the first laser fires, . From there on, there's a lot of beats and breaks which time extremely well with the movie. Then the song breaks into a slow mellow part with a "ripping" solo just as the VF-19 duels with the Q-Rau. After that it tears into a fast guitar section which comes right at the moment when the Sqaudron forms up in the asteroids and cclears them heading straight for the enemy fleet, the speed drums kick in right when the scene switches to the Regults heading straight for the camera. It's pretty kick ass.

If you have access to this song, I recommend trying it out. Just pause the song right bevore the quitars kick in and unpause it the moment you see the first lasers shoot.

And for Macross World's own animators, you guys should consider the gauntlet thrown down. I want to see you top that!

Not sure about animation, but I think a lot of the CG masters here on MW already got his valks beat... the Dok and Rodavan, Mechmaster, Brian... and a whole bunch of others have some crazy sweet stuff.

:Dat

Not sure about animation, but I think a lot of the CG masters here on MW already got his valks beat... the Dok and Rodavan, Mechmaster, Brian... and a whole bunch of others have some crazy sweet stuff.

:Dat

It is pretty damn good. Given, it is a few years old, so I wouldn't be surprised if our own guys have much better stuff now. But remember that the animator also needs an eye for perspective, angles and basic cinematography, something that is readily evident in this video. I'm not a huge fan of the VF-11 or VF-19, but he makes them look great. His job with the Strike VF-1's is awesome as well.

Can anyone tell what they did this with?

I don't have the file here at work with me. . . but I think the closing credits eventually show you what was used. The credits look very static, but they do progress.

At the closing credits, it says:

Lightwave3D 6.5

AfterEffects 4.0

RealExplosion

Downloading this now, as for music: I've noticed that if you start the VO opening...and then start Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone" at juuust the right point, it syncs up with the video great...it's uh...great. o_O

Edit:

Wow, that was great.

XD

Edited by mbs357