29 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

One thread is for news about upcoming shows...once we have an actual trailer with show footage...it makes sense to give the specific series its own dedicated thread....just like all other Star Wars D+ shows....but I guess that's up to the mods to decide as there is no actual rule about it...seems reasonable to me though...:unknw:

Ahsoka looks fantastic, I don't mind Filoni's stuff bleeding into everything Disney is doing with Star Wars these days, his work has been some of the only good Star Wars content Disney has put out since buying it up. 

Jv is right you see we don't need a new thread for every rumor or early announcement. 

Trailer looks good. Doesn't make sense to have all these force users running around with light sabers. Where the hell were they during the OT? But it is based on a cartoon so that makes sense 

It would probably take too much space for rumored or early announcements, but it would also be hilarious for that one time in twenty if the show actually happened and to have the person that started the thread doing a decade later I told you so

Yeah, Thrawn should be a big enough threat.  No need for these orange waving Force folks.

Let’s wait and see how it pans out.

I also see that they’re hiding Spectre 7 from this particular trailer. 😉

*Bookmarks show*

Seeing how The Mandalorian has been going, it may start good, but then the roller coaster starts going down. We'll see how this pans out on the long haul.

1 minute ago, Duke Togo said:

So, the Rebels crew is essentially replacing Luke, Han, and Leia in the Heir story? Not that they have a choice there.

Best to go with Filoni's characters at this point. Or spend money on bad deep-fakes that some Youtuber could do a better job at...

3 minutes ago, azrael said:

Best to go with Filoni's characters at this point. Or spend money on bad deep-fakes that some Youtuber could do a better job at...

They hired that guy, which is why Boba Fett Luke looked a lot better.

At the end of the trailer...

"Perhaps it's time to begin again...."

Gives me those vibes from the first line of The Force Awakens....

"This will begin to makes things right...."

Then things went terribly wrong.  LOL

It's also an interesting line for a show that seems to be bringing back the whole concept of the World Between Worlds first introduced in Rebels...aka Star Wars-style time travel.....

4 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I don't mind Filoni's stuff bleeding into everything Disney is doing with Star Wars these days,

See, I'm just the opposite in that I can't stand Ahsoka at all.  It reeks of Creator's Pet Syndrome to me, and I feel the same way about Thrawn in any appearance other than the Heir to the Empire trilogy.

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

One thread is for news about upcoming shows...once we have an actual trailer with show footage...it makes sense to give the specific series its own dedicated thread....just like all other Star Wars D+ shows....but I guess that's up to the mods to decide as there is no actual rule about it...seems reasonable to me though...:unknw:

Yep a trailer was shown for the Skeleton Crew Disney + Series so a separate thread was made but then it was moved to the Post Skywalker Saga movies thread.  :unknw:

Edited by sh9000

Thrawn was actually pretty damn good in Rebels.  

Smartest person in the room.  Actually studied the cultures and art of his enemies to get a better understanding of them.  Only “loses” by the most extraordinary of circumstances.

13 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Yep a trailer was shown for the Skeleton Crew Disney + Series so a separate thread was made but then it was moved to the Post Skywalker Saga movies thread.  :unknw:

Ok....yeah....so maybe because it was a "leaked" trailer?...still....it means it is no longer a "maybe" show....so it should now get a dedicated thread....

The Acolyte looks interesting....the Skeleton Crew....not so much...but both look to be ready to go...so new dedicated threads are warranted imo....

2 Questions

1. Where the hell were all these characters during the original trilogy? From what I saw of Rebels all these characters were in the thick of it. You'd think they would've played a bigger part. I didn't see them in the briefing scene to attack the Death Star II in ROTJ. I assume they all were dead or too old to be running around saving the galaxy stuff. Luke and friends could have really used their help. When the galaxy needed these heroes the most they decided to stay home till after the Emperor was dead.

2. Why aren't they older looking? Rebels took place 5 years before ANH. The Mando-verse takes place like 10 years after a ANH. Shouldn't these Rebel characters and all of Filoni cartoon characters be looking like they are pass they're 15 to 30 years past their prime?

9 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Where the hell were all these characters during the original trilogy?

You know the answer to this, Roy: everything released over the past 25 years has been a retcon of the original trilogy. They've long since thrown continuity out the window. Filoni is a bigger offender in this than even Lucas was.

Edit: small correction, Andor doesn't contradict the original trilogy.

Edited by Duke Togo

Sabine was probably a late teen or in her early 20’s during Rebels.

So, she’s probably in her 30’s(?) for this series?

That hologram of Ezra looks weird though.  Don’t know if it’s supposed to represent how he looked back in the day.  Should have deepfaked it to make him look younger.

Edited by Mog

@Roy Focker They were half a galaxy away.😀

IMO, it doesn't matter to me much if they bring in new characters that weren't seen in the original trilogy. The galaxy is vast, the Rebellion was being fought on many fronts, and it is set about twenty years since the Return of the Jedi. Plenty of time, distance and circumstance to excuse why we've never seen them before.

I'm looking forward to Ahsoka. Just as long as it is more Mandalorian than Boba!

Edited by Thom

15 hours ago, Mog said:

Thrawn was actually pretty damn good in Rebels.  

Smartest person in the room.  Actually studied the cultures and art of his enemies to get a better understanding of them.  Only “loses” by the most extraordinary of circumstances.

Yeah; Thrawn in the books was downright scary, and the Rebels version I think kept pace with that.

To quote a random comment I saw on Facebook:

"He looks like a blue Elon Musk."

Now while I do like them exploring the years between Episode 6 and Episode 7.  It does create a story problem.  In Episode 7 we're led to believe that the New Republic didn't consider the First Order to be a threat. Leia is just some paranoid old war-hero who refuses to accept the war is over and has formed the Resistance to keep an eye on the First Order. Having the New Republic think this way would make sense if the First Order has been staying put governing their corner of the galaxy and the last couple of decades have been pretty quiet. But as they make more series and movies covering these years between Episodes 6 and 7 they introduce a series of conflicts with Imperials that makes the New Republic's no nothing attitude about the First Order a pretty stupid one. It hasn't been 30 years of peace with zero threat from the remnants of the Empire. It has been 30 years of recuring threats from the remnants of the Empire.

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

To quote a random comment I saw on Facebook:

"He looks like a blue Elon Musk."

Now while I do like them exploring the years between Episode 6 and Episode 7.  It does create a story problem.  In Episode 7 we're led to believe that the New Republic didn't consider the First Order to be a threat. Leia is just some paranoid old war-hero who refuses to accept the war is over and has formed the Resistance to keep an eye on the First Order. Having the New Republic think this way would make sense if the First Order has been staying put governing their corner of the galaxy and the last couple of decades have been pretty quiet. But as they make more series and movies covering these years between Episodes 6 and 7 they introduce a series of conflicts with Imperials that makes the New Republic's no nothing attitude about the First Order a pretty stupid one. It hasn't been 30 years of peace with zero threat from the remnants of the Empire. It has been 30 years of recuring threats from the remnants of the Empire.

In a world where all dreams come true, this would be the way they write 7 thru 9 out of existance...:p

Edited by Thom

On 4/7/2023 at 8:46 AM, Tking22 said:

Ahsoka looks fantastic, I don't mind Filoni's stuff bleeding into everything Disney is doing with Star Wars these days, his work has been some of the only good Star Wars content Disney has put out since buying it up. 

I loved the last 4 episodes of the clone wars, and Ahsoka is a great character, It's also clear that Disney knows how to put together a great trailer (ala Marvel and Star Wars) but after Book of Boba Fett, Kenobi, and now over half of season 3 of the Mandalorian, I'm really losing faith that Filoni and Favreu know what they're doing here. Cameo's, fan service, and Marvel Ragnarok level silliness do not work for me.