Godspeed, Lance Reddick

For me, he was Commander Zavala from Destiny.  For others he was Lt. Daniels on The Wire and Charon in the John Wick films.  Before all that, he was undercover cop Desmond Mobay on the amazing but often forgotten HBO series Oz.  He made a hilarious appearance on The Eric Andre Show and I still watch his Funny or Die video "Toys R Me" video at least once a week.  Just another death of person that I've never met that still had a big part of my life. 

For anybody who was or is a Destiny fan and have never seen his comedy, let me present…..

Thank you for the adventures, inspiration and laughs.  Eyes up, Guardian.  The Light calls.

I played both destiny games up until last year. Lots of fun and awkward arguments and hilarious screw ups especially during raids. I played hunter mostly and titan as well, but hated the warlock jump. 
That voice is definitely an icon to anyone that played 

I definitely first saw him on Oz, then The Wire, such a phenomenal actor, crazy range, he could do drama or comedy. Most recently these days I know him as Sylens in the Playstation Horizon video game series, and Charon in the John Wick films, such a great performer. RIP Lance, gone far, far too soon. 

17 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

He made a hilarious appearance on The Eric Andre Show

Grabbed the clip, totally hilarious, he's the only guest that ever scared and made Eric himself nervous. 

I got to work with him on a couple shows that he did VA work for, though I only directly interacted with him once. He was a super chill dude.

I'm a big Destiny player as well and they're going to have a really hard time filling those shoes; Zavala was kind of the narrative backbone of the game. He was a huge fan of the game, too; the voice-over vids he did for fans were a ton of fun.

Anyways, this one definitely hit me. Big fan of his work and he was way too young. Just really sad all around.

Horizon: Zero Dawn was my introduction to Lance Reddick, and then recently his performance as Albert Wesker in Netflix's Resident Evil series. His performances in both made me an instant fan. For family, friends, and fans alike, I think we're all agreed that Lance is lost to us far too soon.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Just realized he also played the Captain in Netflix’s Castlevania.  One of the coolest, practical, and most level-headed foils to Isaac.

It was a minor role, but it oozed so much charm and style.

RIP.

7 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Lance was in such great shape that I had no idea he was 60 which makes his death more of a shock too. Was it a heart attack I wonder? 

I was hoping to see Lance return to BOSCH: Legacy, he was in so many great series and will be missed!!

It was weird. He had posted a video of himself with his dog’s smiling and laughing and looking like he had a long life left ahead the day before he passed. The reports I’ve seen only said it was natural causes and didn’t give an exact cause.

Natural causes could be any number of things from disease to stroke or heart failure.  It only rules out he got hit by a car or shot or some such thing.  

He was such a badass that I'm not sure anything BUT nature could have taken him out.

11 hours ago, camk4evr said:

I know him mostly from  Destiny as well.

Same. I dropped into the Tower last night and joined the memorial procession. Everyone's walking up to Zavala to pay their respects. 

Not many more voices that've been with the game that long. Amanda, Shaxx, and Eva are it, I believe.

12 hours ago, camk4evr said:

Apparently he actually played the game as well.

That's actually really cool!

12 hours ago, camk4evr said:

as a warlock, I believe.

Well, no one's perfect.

Everything I've heard is that he was just one of the nicest guys you could work with, and the world is darker for his passing. Even if he DID main warlock.

• azrael locked this topic