WWM Max variant of the Hi-Metal R VF-0S Phoenix

Anasazi37

40 minutes ago, Bolt said:

As this a WWM release, I expect it to be widely available. I doubt it will be exclusive just to that event. That would be losing too much potential revenue.

I kinda wonder if the event version will still somehow be different. Maybe a slipcase, or a free gift with it. If not, the draw is not as intense. I'd say the same for the Gundam or other releases they'll have there.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

So is this the first ever attempt at a simultaneous release across all of Bandai's global markets for a "Macross" item?

That's a very interesting question, indeed. I hope the Macross name gets more and more attention globally. I think Bandai is thinking the same..

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

So is this the first ever attempt at a simultaneous release across all of Bandai's global markets for a "Macross" item?

Is it possible after the few attempts to roll out product slowely they have the numbers to feel comfortable doing it all at once?

18 hours ago, seti88 said:

Cant shake the feeling that bandai has already plans to use this color blue, in the future, for the VF-0D.

MILK THE PAINT!

Either that or somebody informed them the color was wrong and they found a way to use the paint anyway?  But probably not...

4 hours ago, jenius said:

Do we know any release information about it?

I think it'll be like the 10th anniversary VF-31J Kai and be event exclusive followed with a normal release later. Maybe a 15th anniversary outer sleeve for the event exclusive?

On 2/26/2023 at 3:10 AM, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Two pics from my poopy camera lol. I don't own any HiRM but the blue doesn't appear to be painted, but molded. 

20230225_115927.jpg.dca8d4d11f3abcd110ed661b994f6563.jpg20230225_115920.jpg.6bb7dcb72503d6e2e8eea6a6cacc9642.jpg

Nice blue here… Hopefully I’m wrong, but it also appears to exhibit some translucence as what we got for Roy’s 0S. 

Not bad...but they should just have stuck with the Tamashii 15th logo by itself like they have in the past.....at least for the front of the box...I like the  minimalist look...

10010004549660192886_1.jpg

...actually, I can't recall now and mine are stashed away...was the Tamashii 10th a slip-sleeve cover?

Edited by jvmacross

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

So that's the official "box art"? A photo.?

I think that’s the box sleeve like what jvmacross posted. Instead of the traditional Tamashii logo, it’s a photo of the product. Same I believe with the other products that’s coming out during the event. E.g. Figuarts Miles Morales below sporting the same anniversary banner.

F90E9CDE-8C34-4FA2-A6AA-39650B1FED28.jpeg.3781a01b5a8ae529cdd95f648fb90f8f.jpeg

10 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Not bad...but they should just have stuck with the Tamashii 15th logo by itself like they have in the past.....at least for the front of the box...I like the  minimalist look...

10010004549660192886_1.jpg

...actually, I can't recall now and mine are stashed away...was the Tamashii 10th a slip-sleeve cover?

The DX VF-31J Kai is using that as the box sleeve. 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

So it’s not a box sleeve anymore?

The photo you posted of the Max 0S certainly is. I had assumed there would be one for the event before you posted that. I just wonder if that's solely for the event, and whether the box underneath is designed to be salable alone (UPC, etc).

I guess we are used to nice art on HMR boxes, which can double up for some nice background display. The box on this HMR VF-0S Max will be stuffed together with Arcadia boxes - right at the back of a closet. 

• 5 weeks later...