This one hits me pretty hard.    We lost one of the greatest Anime creators of all time. 

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-02-19/legendary-manga-creator-leiji-matsumoto-passes-away-at-85/.195093

God Speed on your final voyage Matsumoto-sensei,   and thanks!

1 hour ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

This one hits me pretty hard.    We lost one of the greatest Anime creators of all time. 

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-02-19/legendary-manga-creator-leiji-matsumoto-passes-away-at-85/.195093

God Speed on your final voyage Matsumoto-sensei,   and thanks!

I’ve watched so many animated series and movies and videos that he’s worked on and many more that he’s inspired over the years. He definitely made a huge impact on the anime genre and other genres as well 

Rest well in the sea of stars sensei, your spirit and influence will continue through all those your stories have touched. Thank you for everything.

For me in the UK, for a long time, Matsumoto and his works were a legend in the true sense of the word - things of myth, spoken of in awed terms and seen in brief tantalizing glimpses but never as a coherent whole. When I finally did get to see them, as actual real things rather than whispers in the anime fan night, they more than lived up to the legend.

I don't drink, but if you do, maybe today is the day to pour one into a large glass for Leiji Matsumoto.

I'm feeling pretty gutted. Leiji Matsumoto was far and away one of my favorite sci-fi manga and anime creators.

Still, I think we can all take solace in the fact he lived a full rich life on his terms and along the way brought entertainment and happiness to thousands of not millions of people world wide.

🏴‍☠️

🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

Truly a sad, sad day in the fandom. His stories were always so well done...it was one of those things where being a young boy watching the scifi channel's anime events you always had a good likelihood of coming across 1 of the Galaxy Express 999 films and be taken away to a far off world.  

4 hours ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

I cried when I saw the news.  The original Yamato was and still is one of my favorites.  Yamato was the 1st show that really got me into anime.

Same here.  Till Star Blazers came along I thought animation was strictly for kids.  

20 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Same here.  Till Star Blazers came along I thought animation was strictly for kids.  

I remember old Johnny Quest cartoons being pretty brutal, but as far as drama Star Blazers was the first one I saw that had that kind of emotional connection and seemed so different 

• azrael locked this topic