SDF-1 DYRL 3D Build

bzwacks

4 hours ago, bzwacks said:

Well, that is humongous! I think that would have cost around $500-600 in just PLA alone. What material is this made of. I think my tally came in around $200 in PLA. Probably another $80 in paints.

He uses craft foam.

Some last details on the Daedalus. I will call this 99.9% done for now. Once it gets settled into it's new home, I'll decide if I want to go through the ordeal of printing out some of the proportional adjustment parts. For reference, that would be the lengthened mid section of the main gun and reprinting the legs with a little more width ( aka girth). 

image.jpeg.6317662f468a18572656034de93e74d3.jpeg

image.jpeg.9c10b28bbdd773d777d8bd476332f03d.jpeg

For those that are curious, here is a comparison of the current ( one that was actually 3D printed on the right ) vs. the future ( corrected proportions on the left ) SDF-1 Models. I will print only the parts that were revised, but it's still about 14 parts. It will add probably about 4-5 inches in overall height.image.jpeg.7bc7450ed8e7fc28a5ef0723d11879a8.jpeg

20 hours ago, bzwacks said:

For those that are curious, here is a comparison of the current ( one that was actually 3D printed on the right ) vs. the future ( corrected proportions on the left ) SDF-1 Models. I will print only the parts that were revised, but it's still about 14 parts. It will add probably about 4-5 inches in overall height.image.jpeg.7bc7450ed8e7fc28a5ef0723d11879a8.jpeg

Subtle improvements but have great impact on the design.  Great work.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Kicker773 said:

I don’t have a 3d printer but if this or a version of this is available for purchase lmk. 

I *do* have 3D printers and would love to make one myself, but @bzwacks hasn't let us know yet if he'll make the files available at some point. A lot of work went into the design and I would understand if he wants this to be a one-off creation. I'd also be very sad...but would understand. :(

On 4/2/2023 at 8:18 PM, Anasazi37 said:

I *do* have 3D printers and would love to make one myself, but @bzwacks hasn't let us know yet if he'll make the files available at some point. A lot of work went into the design and I would understand if he wants this to be a one-off creation. I'd also be very sad...but would understand. :(

We could try asking him very nicely....

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2023 at 4:43 PM, bzwacks said:

image.jpeg.1b3e56e6dc0b83444b14cab9dbeade09.jpeg

Finally printed out the main parts and painted them their base colors. I have a lot of work to do still in terms of greeble and detail painting, but now the proportions feel right and to my liking. Compared to the image above, it's night and day in terms of proper scaling.  I still have one pet peeve left, which is the ARMD carriers now feel a tad short.  That will be the very LAST thing I do and THEN, I'll be done. 

NEW.jpg

11 hours ago, bzwacks said:

Finalmente imprimió las partes principales y las pintó con sus colores base. Todavía tengo mucho trabajo por hacer en términos de pintura de detalles y piedras, pero ahora las proporciones se sienten bien y a mi gusto. En comparación con la imagen de arriba, es de día y de noche en términos de escala adecuada.  Todavía me queda una mascota, que son los portadores de ARMD que ahora se sienten un poco cortos.  Esa será la ÚLTIMA cosa que hago y ENTONCES, terminaré. 

NEW.jpg

1669585847799.jpg

• 6 months later...