VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

Too bad we cant make two cases... :(

If there is enough interest, Paul may let us do two. We chose designs two for the SDF case.

Only if more people actually buy the M+ case. The turnout for theSDF Macross boxes was much lower than expected to make it worth having two designs.

Too bad we cant make two cases... :(

If there is enough interest, Paul may let us do two. We chose designs two for the SDF case.

Only if more people actually buy the M+ case. The turnout for theSDF Macross boxes was much lower than expected to make it worth having two designs.

Doh... that sux. :(

Perhaps not a box set for the FX 7 DVD's, but a combo-collage picture box for 7, Zero, II, DYRL, FB 2012, and enough room for the 20th anniv DVD. Is it safe enough to assume that enough Macross fans have all of the above mentioned disc's in some variety or another?

Of course I've been hoping he'd do the same kind of thing for all of the Gundam OVA's (08th, 0080, and 0083), instead of just the one for 08th MS that he has.

OK, update from Paul...

I worked on the mockups today but to no avail. The proportions of the previews are simply too way off to be usefull and I don't have all the artwork necessary to replace what isn't working.

Anyway, it would require me to basically start over from scratch while the author of the design probably as the layered original which can easily be resized.

Here are the dimensions for the 3 DVD case:

The side panels need to be 1659 x 2300 pixels @ 300 dpi

The spine needs to be 600 x 2300 pixels @ 300 dpi

The top needs to be 600 x 1659 pixels @ 300 dpi

The previews or drafts do not need to be exact or this high of a resolution. But still need to be close enough to mocked up.

Once the designs are resized to fit the 3 DVD spine, a lot of problems will become apparent. A 3 DVD spine and top does not support much artwork

I forget the name the creator of those designs, but if he as problems repackaging, just give him my email. I have a few ideas that might help.

I think it is because everyone started using the 9 DVD template for the Mac Plus case which is only 3 DVD.

AlphaHX, can you rework #21 and #10 to those dimensions?, or contact Paul directly via his e-mail.

THANKS!

The spine gave me a lot less space to work with so I made a slight change to 21, everyone who voted for 21, tell me what you think. If you want me to remove the macross triangle, let me know. Problem is that theres a lot of empty space above Isamu and Guld if the triangle is removed. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

It's a tough call between tose two (the reworks are both superb).

I still have to give my vote to 21 though. I like how you added the logo on the spine too with the extra space. It has every base covered IMO.

Edited by Anubis

if we go with 10, given that the text is going to have to be removed what if we moved the 2 pyramid logos to either side of the case and place the cockpits on the top. keep the desert in b/w if you must but leave it text free. that way you provide balance on either side of the case.

Cool, thanks for the rework.

You got PM.

Anytime... and thanx for Paul's email. :)

I still have to give my vote to 21 though. I like how you added the logo on the spine too with the extra space. It has every base covered IMO.

I still like 21 myself. IMO, I actually like the triangle being there. Glad someone else liked it too. ;)

if we go with 10, given that the text is going to have to be removed what if we moved the 2 pyramid logos to either side of the case and place the cockpits on the top. keep the desert in b/w if you must but leave it text free. that way you provide balance on either side of the case.

Unfortunately with the given amount of space of the top, it'll be quite difficult cramming in the cockpit pictures up there. It seems that a bit of people would still like the Sharon Apple and Mac Plus triangle on both sides. I'll try to whip something up really quickly for you guys and if enuf ppl like it, we can ask Mechamaniac if he would allow it to be part of the last vote.

I still like 21 myself. IMO, I actually like the triangle being there. Glad someone else liked it too. ;)

Unfortunately with the given amount of space of the top, it'll be quite difficult cramming in the cockpit pictures up there. It seems that a bit of people would still like the Sharon Apple and Mac Plus triangle on both sides. I'll try to whip something up really quickly for you guys and if enuf ppl like it, we can ask Mechamaniac if he would allow it to be part of the last vote.

I love it, I had actually asked Paul to do a variant of #21 where the Blue Triangle replaced the character triangle that is there.

I am probably alone, but that character triangle is probably my least favorite piece of Mac Plus artwork.

OH, and nothing is final go ahead and rework 10 as well. I did not mean to specifically exclude it.

I think the only one we can specifically exclude based on votes is #18.

Edited by Mechamaniac

I love it, I had actually asked Paul to do a variant of #21 where the Blue Triangle replaced the character triangle that is there.

I am probably alone, but that character triangle is probably my least favorite piece of Mac Plus artwork.

OH, and nothing is final go ahead and rework 10 as well. I did not mean to specifically exclude it.

I think the only one we can specifically exclude based on votes is #18.

You know... what you said got me thinking. This IS a 3 DVD case, there isnt as much as a need for a picture to be on the top as there was for the 9 DVD SDF Macross case. You could even do without the character triangle completely.

I dunt know why but the pictures I post here on MW always comes out darker than it originally was in photoshop. But to get the idea of the picture, theres sharon apple on the left, the cockpits on the right, the desert on the spine and isamu/guld on the top if youre having trouble seeing it. Ill try to make it brighter in a bit to help make the pictures show up.

edit: alright, i made it a bit brighter, if anyone still has trouble seeing it, let me know.

Edit 2:

I like this one but you may want to flip the top image 180 degrees to confirm with the setup of the SDF cases.

There ya go.

Edited by AlphaHX

Mmmm... I like that one without the character triangle - it seemed too small on the top to be useful for anything, really...

I personally can go either way. Even without the character triangle, theres still isamu and guld on the box so it isnt like its characterless. :p

But anyways, glad you like it Fulcy. Hopefully others will feel the same way. :D

I'm not a big fan of the character triangle either, but at least it gets Myung on the box somewhere. Not many other ways to get her on it seamlessly. Being a little one on the top keeps it out of the way as well.

Edited by Anubis

I dunt know why but the pictures I post here on MW always comes out darker than it originally was in photoshop. But to get the idea of the picture, theres sharon apple on the left, the cockpits on the right, the desert on the spine and isamu/guld on the top if youre having trouble seeing it. Ill try to make it brighter in a bit to help make the pictures show up.

edit: alright, i made it a bit brighter, if anyone still has trouble seeing it, let me know.

I like this one but you may want to flip the top image 180 degrees to confirm with the setup of the SDF cases.

in thase case my preference would be a black case with the pyramids on either side (red, blue) and the dessert for the spine. perhaps make it a grey shade but leave isamu in colour. i think that would look pretty sharp. leave the top part black.

Edit 2:

There ya go.

I'll vote for this one if I can. I really like this dark scheme and it'll go well with my SDF Macross set.

So are we taking orders or not yet?

Good question. We cant please everyone so we should vote and get something final so we can order! ;):D

Lets just try to find ONE design and I'll tweak the winning design. Since its between 21 and 10. We should just have one more vote on that and see where it goes. Basically its a light colored box vs a dark colored box. Nothing on these designs are final.

We can decide what goes on afterwards. Just like the character triangle, the people who voted 21 didnt like it so it was removed... as simple as that. But lets choose at least one between the dark black design and the bright desert design.

A few people wanted the dark design with the colored desert scheme but I dont think its enough for it to be the final design. So until enough people speak up, I dont think the dark design with the desert spine is going follow through.

edit: new designs up.

Edited by AlphaHX

Good question. We cant please everyone so we should vote and get something final so we can order! ;):D

Well, the votes support 21 by a large margin with 10 being right behind it. Given that, 21 will more than likely emerge the winner.

We could in theory do two cases, but ONLY if enough people come forward, and actually order them.

IMHO - Paul is very gracious in even agreeing to do this project given the abyssmal turnout of the SDF project.

So, that being said, I am reluctant to ask him for too much.

Well, the votes support 21 by a large margin with 10 being right behind it. Given that, 21 will more than likely emerge the winner.

We could in theory do two cases, but ONLY if enough people come forward, and actually order them.

IMHO - Paul is very gracious in even agreeing to do this project given the abyssmal turnout of the SDF project.

I agree that 21 is in the lead but Im willing to give the people who dont want 21 one last chance to speak up.

I knew that SDF box didnt turn out as well as hoped but didnt think it was abyssmal. Knowing that now, I think Paul is being more than gracious and we definitely shouldnt ask too much from him.

So Mechamaniac, lets have one more count so we can get this moving along.

In regards of a second box. I think we should just have one design, see how that does. If it does well, then we can ask Paul to see if hes willing to do a second design for us since we pretty much have a good idea what the second layout is gonna be. Also itll be a lot faster getting the second box moving along since we already have the scans and the layouts are right in front of us.

Edited by AlphaHX

I agree that 21 is in the lead but Im willing to give the people who dont want 21 one last chance to speak up.

I knew that SDF box didnt turn out as well as hoped but didnt think it was abyssmal. Knowing that now, I think Paul is being more than gracious and we definitely shouldnt ask too much from him.

So Mechamaniac, lets have one more count so we can get this moving along.

In regards of a second box. I think we should just have one design, see how that does. If it does well, then we can ask Paul to see if hes willing to do a second design for us since we pretty much have a good idea what the second layout is gonna be. Also itll be a lot faster getting the second box moving along since we already have the scans and the layouts are right in front of us.

Hey, I'm not the final authority on this by any means. I want everyone to come to as close a consensus as we can. I'm just trying to keep the thread moving so it doesn't stall again.

I'm all for going ahead with #21 and #10 if Paul is willing to do two boxes again.

As to the abyssmal comment - if you tally the votes, we would have had almost 130 cases ordered. As such, Paul cut us a deal on the price. What actually came to be was less than 50 cases, perhaps even less than 40. Paul was still cool enough to honor his lower price even though the turnout was less than 50 percent of what it should have been.