VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

10 is nice but instead of the sharon logo I would say go for the character triangle, I think that owuld look better. I love the desert shot embeeded into the spine like that. Very nice valk box.

18 is also quite nice, I like the dimmed desert wraparound (nice effect), and the lineart would be quite shiny on the actual box. The lettering on the fighter mode side-by-side should probably be removed at that size though.

21 is excellent, and incorporates everything seamlessly. Characters, Mecha, Sharon, desert all accounted for. Only thing missing is the M+ triangle, which can be excused though since the box is already busy enough. Very nice photoshopping.

Many nice designs, this had to take a long time to finish these.

My vote would go to either 18 or 21. I'd be happy with either.

I think 21 might be more deserving for the sheer amount of effort that had to go into that one, and again I think it incorporates everything we were discussing before quite well. It would go nicely with both SDF Macross boxes as well.

Edit - changed 10 to 18, so either 18 or 21 for me.

Edited by Anubis

Jesus Christmas - that's alot of options to choose from! If I had to choose, here's my top three:

Though, 16 does have an understated simplicity that seems to be drawing me in, and number 4 is just really frickin cool...

Edited by fulcy

Oooh boy... :blink:

Thats a lot of choices from everyone. :unsure:

Maybe I shouldnt have made so many designs... <_<

Just a side note. We cannot use 4 since we dont have high res scans of the CG pictures that I used. We also cannot use 3 and 5. Sorry guys. Oh yeah, number 8 is number 10 with the character triangle. It just needs the desert scene embedded into the spine. :)

I'll uhh... try to cut down on the designs next time and try to make it easier on everyone. *sigh*... <_<

Edit 1: Whoops! Dunno if you guys wanted to count my vote but I would either go with 13 or 21.

Edit 2: Doh... forgot to add that I can still make changes to any and all of these boxes. As Mechamaniac said, plz REVIEW them as well as to voting. If we come up with a winner but slight things wanted to be changed on them (as long as everyone agrees) I can still do that. :)

Edited by AlphaHX

OK - I'm not going to let this project stagnate again, so I tallied up the votes so far. Most of the people who voted are the ones who have been the most influential in this case design anyway, so I declare that we have a quorum.

I tallied everyone's first choice. (If you chose number 4, I counted your second choice as your first since 4 has been disqualified for lack of high res scans.).

The votes fell as such:

Here are the semi-final case designs...

#21 - 4 Votes.

ahx21.jpg

#10 - 3 Votes.

ahx9.jpg

#18 - 3 Votes.

ahx18.jpg

#14 - 2 Votes.

ahx14.jpg

Please review these choices, and cast your votes again.

Some things to consider....

Paul does not want to influence the thread, but has indicated to me that the blue sky background would look best on the metal. Also, the Macross Plus text will look really good on the case since it has that metallic blue sheen going on.

He has expressed some concern about how well the lineart will work on the case. It is almost certain that if the lineart does get used, the text will have to be removed as the print and font are too small to survive the printing process, and still be legible.

Either way, he is working on some mock ups for us as we speak.

Thanks guys!.

OH - And AlphaHX. As I promised when this project started, the guy who came up with the winning design gets their case on me. So, congrats!.

Edited by Mechamaniac

It's prolly a year too late, but I've always wondered why this is in the toys section... :unsure:

Quiet you! :p;)

We put it in the toys section because the toys section historically gets the most traffic, and I wanted as many members as possible to see it, and hence, get a chance at getting a case.

It's prolly a year too late, but I've always wondered why this is in the toys section...  :unsure:

Quiet you! :p;)

We put it in the toys section because the toys section historically gets the most traffic, and I wanted as many members as possible to see it, and hence, get a chance at getting a case.

Hahahahahah!!! :D

I was just wondering the saaaaame thing. :p

damnit i just noticed the thread is active again. ARGGGGG

anyhow i like a mix of  14 & 10. i can just see it...blue and red logos on either side, blue textless spine, and the cockpit image on top. perfect :|

A mix of 14 & 10 for me too!!! :D

Edited by Angel's Fury

I was really hoping for that minimalist desert scape to get some votes, but looks like I'm out of luck. Didn't realize there was a tight time limit or I would have voted this morning :(

First choice of the semi-finalist designs is 18. Seems like the only uniform design with a consistant motif. Second choice is 10. I always loved the Sharon/Plus logos on black.

Definately #21, and hell, if that one is made, I may pick up the other 9 disc box to hold my other misc box-less Macross DVD's (Zero, II, 20th Anniv DYRL, FB-2012, etc).

If only there were Macross 7 DVD's out, we could do that one as well.

It seems silly to design a box that will hold my FX boot sets though. B))

I suppose I could always go out, and get the R1.