VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

i think the top is not so good. way too cluttered combining 2 images which don't flow properly.

How about image cented on the top, with the title below, and a smaller blue pyramid logo (1/2 of the existing size) above?

i think it should be one or other

Great news, looks like I'll be able to score a M+ Movie book soon finally, and I shall flip through it and scan it immedately once I get it. :):):)

We shall then see what we can come up with based off of that and what I have already.

Looks like I should be getting the movie book.

Before anyone else posts random images off their hard drive, I'd like to make this a new rule. No new pics added to this thread unless you either a) have it available to scan or b) know where to get it at the required res and at least 300dpi.

I know I'm way late to the party, but I completely with you, Anubis. I'm going to rummage through my artbooks again, but before I do so, can you list what images you already have sources for?

What about this pic? Surely someone can scan the book cover at least to get this one <_< .

Ok, just read the above post. Ask, and ye shall recieve. :)

Personally though, I wouldn't use it. From a design standpoint, it's too "busy" and doesn't follow the coherence of the rest of the layout.

Congrats on the Mac+ Movie Book. You're going to find some nice images, but they're all going to be so damned close to the spine, you'd think the people who published the book purposely chose not to make it scanner-friendly. :(

post-4-1084767809_thumb.jpg

What about this pic?  Surely someone can scan the book cover at least to get this one <_< .

Ok, just read the above post. Ask, and ye shall recieve. :)

Personally though, I wouldn't use it. From a design standpoint, it's too "busy" and doesn't follow the coherence of the rest of the layout.

Congrats on the Mac+ Movie Book. You're going to find some nice images, but they're all going to be so damned close to the spine, you'd think the people who published the book purposely chose not to make it scanner-friendly. :(

That's whay I'm going to get one. Since there's no other way to get the pics I'm going to fall on the knife and gut the book. :o

Cut the spine off, scan everything, then slap a GBC binding comb on the pages when I'm done.

I thought the flightline pic was kind of busy too, though it is a very interesting pic, and nice to see all the weapons options. I figured it was worth a shot if that was all we could get from a M+ book since I wouldn't expect, or really want, anyone to screw up their spine to scan the pics. With a book of my own (movie version) we can get everything we need. :)

Edited by Anubis

OK , d00ds, here is the latest and greatest on the SDF keepcase....

I was able to acquire the image from Garoquel who designed it for Shawn. He very graciously sent it to both Paul and myself.

Now it comes down to a vote.....

The image is not layered so Paul indicated it would be tough to manipulate the existing "Macross - '84 Summer" text. But he wanted to know if we wanted it changed.

DA and Blaine and I have been kicking it around and here are some suggestions.

Macross (top)

World - 04(Bottom)

That way we are representin' as Blaine puts it, and showing the year of the case as well.

(Editor's note - I think '04 should definitely be in there somewhere since it is the 20th anniversary of DYRL and all, and that this is the year we are having them made)

OR

Macross (top)

20 (left middle)

04 (right middle)

World or World.Com (bottom)

Remember, Paul said it would be difficult to manipulate the image so if anyone here thinks they can do it, LMK, and I can send you the high res original. I would rather not put any more designing stress on Paul since he is still agreeing to do the case for us despite the abyssmal number of orders we got versus what was indicated. <_<

Also, this logo would more than likely be used on the Mac Plus box that looks as though it is nearing completion as well.

I like this one

Macross (top)

20 (left middle)

04 (right middle)

World (bottom).

If all else fails we could take the quick and easy path: Keep the logo as is, and then add the

"Macross World 2004

20th Anniversary Box"

or something like that off to the side of the logo, if the image proves too difficult to work with.

Working the logo would look best though.

:shake fist:

I haven't been on the boards in like a month.... and still no Mac+ Box?? WTF  <_<

B))

Oh, yeah?

:angry::angry::angry: How many times did I have to ask for real contributions over this timeframe? It's in my signature even!

Now I'm buying a M+ book so I can scan it, sacrificing the book in the process.

Grrr.

:p:lol::p

Edited by Anubis

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  How many times did I have to ask for real contributions over this timeframe?  It's in my signature even!

Grrr.

Damn dude! You're gonna sacrifice a Mac+ Movie Book?! No wonder why you have an angry Asuka as your avatar :lol::p That takes balls, man. I might be able to save your book, though. I recently won a yahoo jp auction for th R2 Macross Plus box sets. They've got some really sweet artwork that I'd love to scan, but I don't know when I'll recieve them. If you want to take a peek, here's the auction. Please note you need a yahoo jp account to view completed auctions. Or, maybe some kind soul here with a yahoojp account can post the images. :)

edit: Sadly, I don't think Paul Champagne's box set is designed the fit the R2 boxes, so I doubt I'll be buying one.

Edited by TheLoneWolf

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  How many times did I have to ask for real contributions over this timeframe?  It's in my signature even!

Grrr.

Damn dude! You're gonna sacrifice a Mac+ Movie Book?! No wonder why you have an angry Asuka as your avatar :lol::p That takes balls, man. I might be able to save your book, though. I recently won a yahoo jp auction for th R2 Macross Plus box sets. They've got some really sweet artwork that I'd love to scan, but I don't know when I'll recieve them. If you want to take a peek, here's the auction. Please note you need a yahoo jp account to view completed auctions. Or, maybe some kind soul here with a yahoojp account can post the images. :)

edit: Sadly, I don't think Paul Champagne's box set is designed the fit the R2 boxes, so I doubt I'll be buying one.

Sweetness!

It'll be a little bit before I get the book yet. Hopefully those R2's will have some good stuff like you said as well.

We shall see. What's important is we now have enough sources on the way to get the pics we need to finish this quest.

I hope no one though I was really mad in the above post. :unsure: (hence the :p:lol::p )

It's a keeper, MM. As the designer of the Mech box, that's better than I would have thought it could be.

I'm saving that to my hard drive. Good work Paul and Garoquel.

And of course, Mechamaniac, whose truly kept this whole thing going. You da man.

:)

Stamp of Approval given. Very nicely done.

Yeah, only a few of us are chiming in regularly. Maybe that means we're doing ok, if others are staying quiet while we work. :lol:

Anyone notice the votes have been growing again?

What's the Macross box order total at now, Mechamaniac? Have you asked Paul?

Well since three of the four people who give a crap about this have voted.  :lol:  :(  <_<

I agree, it's a keeper.  I'll let Paul know to go ahead with that one when I get home.

Thanks d00ds.

Busy with work. Fans on and some brown stuff hit it. Busy.

PC's MW logo....it's a keeper. B)) BUT let's ask Garoquel if it's okay to modify that design like that first. I'm pretty sure he'll be cool with it, but consider it a courtesy.

hey don't think I was mad about not finding a complete Mac+ box... I have Photoshop Skillz, and a high rez 11x17 flatbed... just nothing to scan, and had no money to buy something to scan. I think you guys have been doing excelent work, I love the Macross Case and I wish I could afford one to go along with the Mac+ case I'm going to order.

I love the current Mac+ design, keep up the good work! :D

i don't know if its too late now but i was thinking for the macross plus box you could do sharon apples full 3d scope like 1 side have the slit and eye and black on teh side and what ever other small details but have that on the inside of the box so when you look into an empty box it's kind of like a reversed sharon apple box? or am i just making nonsense again?

just a small odd idea what do you guys think?

if its not too late that is...

i don't know if its too late now but i was thinking for the macross plus box you could do sharon apples full 3d scope like 1 side have the slit and eye and black on teh side and what ever other small details but have that on the inside of the box so when you look into an empty box it's kind of like a reversed sharon apple box? or am i just making nonsense again?

just a small odd idea what do you guys think?

if its not too late that is...

Can't put details on the inside of the box. It would be interesting, but it's just a sturdy core underneath the panels.

aww thats too bad but o wells im sure it still looks awesome either way just thought it was like sturdy cardboard then you print on both sides then folded but i guess its not @__@ rar

the panels are plastic with a metal overlay on which the colour laser etchings are printed on.

Yeah,i'm from Spain and i sent a mail to Paul a month ago or so and he said that i can buy the cases,but the S&H cost will be a little high,try to buy the two boxes (Macross and Macross Plus) at the same time to have a slightly lower price.

The art looks great, but what's the deal with the red circle logo in the bottom left corner of the left side?

And when do I get to act all cool and approve something? Can I say something, "Box design... I deem you.... worthy. Most Worthy Indeed." :lol: