RIP Irene Cara (Fame, Flashdance singer)

pengbuzz

Irene Cara, "Flashdance", "Fame" singer, dead at 63

From FoxNews:

Irene Cara, award-winning singer of popular ‘80s songs "Fame" and "Flashdance…What a Feeling" has died. She was 63.

A statement was posted on early Saturday morning from her official Twitter account on behalf of her publicist. The cause of death is "currently unknown."

"It is with profound sadness that on behalf of her family I announce the passing of Irene Cara," the statement said.

(more)

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/irene-cara-flashdance-fame-singer-dead-63

Edited by pengbuzz

• pengbuzz changed the title to RIP Irene Cara (Fame, Flashdance singer)

Condolences to the NOK.

I was still in school so she wasn't a huge impactor from my POV (and because i cannot recall any other entertainment item she was in, she probably was another Hollywood one-hit wonder...)

47 minutes ago, TehPW said:

Condolences to the NOK.

I was still in school so she wasn't a huge impactor from my POV (and because i cannot recall any other entertainment item she was in, she probably was another Hollywood one-hit wonder...)

I wouldn’t say one hit wonder since she was in a few very iconic movies for the time.

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I wouldn’t say one hit wonder since she was in a few very iconic movies for the time.

[Halfling] List please; I have the dual purpose Trash Can/Puke Bucket within arm reach (impedes Wiki searches)

2 hours ago, TehPW said:

[Halfling] List please; I have the dual purpose Trash Can/Puke Bucket within arm reach (impedes Wiki searches)

As the title of the page lists her two biggest films as Flasdance and Fame. Even if you didn’t like the movies, they were so iconic that images of Flashdance or the song from Fame were and still are everywhere 

• azrael locked this topic