Hi-Metal R VF-1J Hikaru Armored Valkyrie Revival Version

sh9000

14 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Excellent art as always.  It would be cool to recreate it with the toy.

CB38EEC3-AFD6-4BFC-8EC7-33385986D0BB.jpeg.de8454adc4c6428e340fa9ed0cf205d8.jpeg

Thats one dusty valk! Looks like hikaru suited up in the desert/beach before going to space..😅

horrible case of i got sand in my sandals/shoes armor.

Edited by seti88

2 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Then we can swap parts with the original release and make a true movie version.

The sketch that @sh9000 posted above leads me to think that the box won’t have a clear window on the front this time.

VF 0S box has the window on the back side and a full illustration on the front

6 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Then we can swap parts with the original release and make a true movie version.

The sketch that @sh9000 posted above leads me to think that the box won’t have a clear window on the front this time.

Aside from @Froy's response, the VF-2SS is also the same. Artwork on the front, small clear window on the back.

However, I want to add that VF-4/G releases didn't have any clear windows.

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Yes!  You know , they had to beg him to do the last one. Maybe he's more into doing another now..

Really?  Not sure why anyone would need to beg....

There is plenty of new Tenjin art to fill up a new book since the last sortie.....all Tenjin needs to do is sit back and collect a check...

Regardless...we need Tenjin's Fourth Sortie....Now!!! :clapping:

9 hours ago, jvmacross said:

It's about time for another Tenjin Sorties book!

6 hours ago, Bolt said:

Yes!  You know , they had to beg him to do the last one. Maybe he's more into doing another now..

Agreed.

Looking forward to the TV Hikaru Armored Valkyrie.

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Really?  Not sure why anyone would need to beg....

There is plenty of new Tenjin art to fill up a new book since the last sortie.....all Tenjin needs to do is sit back and collect a check...

Regardless...we need Tenjin's Fourth Sortie....Now!!! :clapping:

He was.." reluctant ", according to the Speaker Pod Cast crew. Apparently he agreed, so long as he could include the interview with Miyatake Kazutaka San.  Yes , there is plenty of Tenjin Macross work, at this point. But I'm sure it's more involved than slapping it together. :search:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Froy said:

😮 Still no news for me. Got 2 with them.

Didnt pay for mine at HLJ yet. I emailed them and asked about when I could expect it...I got this response:

"Thank you for reaching out to us.

Because this kit is in extremely high demand while production numbers are low, unfortunately, Bandai was only able to supply a small initial shipment of the HI-METAL R VF-1J Armored Valkyrie (Hikaru Ichijo Machine) Revival Ver.. When our initial shipment arrived for release day, orders were filled in the exact chronological order that they were placed, and I'm afraid your order was not placed in time to secure an item from that  batch.

Your order for this kit puts you in the line for when Bandai produce reproduction runs, but please note that we cannot guarantee when orders will be filled in subsequent restocks. Order fulfillment may require additional time depending on restock frequency and the amount of stock we receive.

We hope to have the item back in stock soon. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience, and your business with us. Have a nice day!

Best regards

Customer Service

HobbyLink Japan"

So I cancelled it and went to Anime-Export and got one...and for less I might add. Never had any issues with HLJ but I wanted to secure one at least.

Edited by Alphahorizon

Just now, Alphahorizon said:

Didnt pay for mine at HLJ yet. I emailed them and asked about when I could expect it...I got this response:

"Thank you for reaching out to us.

Because this kit is in extremely high demand while production numbers are low, unfortunately, Bandai was only able to supply a small initial shipment of the HI-METAL R VF-1J Armored Valkyrie (Hikaru Ichijo Machine) Revival Ver.. When our initial shipment arrived for release day, orders were filled in the exact chronological order that they were placed, and I'm afraid your order was not placed in time to secure an item from that  batch.

Your order for this kit puts you in the line for when Bandai produce reproduction runs, but please note that we cannot guarantee when orders will be filled in subsequent restocks. Order fulfillment may require additional time depending on restock frequency and the amount of stock we receive.

We hope to have the item back in stock soon. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience, and your business with us. Have a nice day!

Best regards

Customer Service

HobbyLink Japan"

So I cancelled it and went to Anime-Export and got one...and for less I might add. Never had any issues with HLJ but I wanted to secure one at least.

Oh! 

That could mean my order didn't make it in time or at less I will get one of my 2 cancelled.

I will wait a few hours more to see if anything changes

Thanks for the info

And Bandai isn't really known for doing more than one production run for anything Macross-related. There are some exceptions, like when the DX SSP set got an immediate second run after the first sold out, but that was done up front as a second PO, not after release. This news is...concerning. Sounds like HLJ just got Bandai'd. Welcome to the club, I guess. :unknw: