Hi-Metal R VF-1J Hikaru Armored Valkyrie Revival Version

sh9000

1 hour ago, jenius said:

So a reissue but with the ball jointed head and whiter color of the standalone 1J release?

Extra hands seem to be tv hands. And a extra head with the grey visor.

Edited by Froy

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

02BE6426-552E-4735-8EAF-07ED8E3AFFDF.jpeg.1b6a796aa2e0f87c7ad0a3bc3a277fdf.jpeg

00941A8E-BD93-44B4-B4B3-CB66BD08AD4C.jpeg.17d35adc4c0715036914371e0e6295a6.jpeg

Preorder 1/12/23.  Release date 5/2023.  13200 JPY.

Nice set of TV hands, a swappable VF-1J head, side covers for the VF-1J, and the armor looks to be a different color blue.

I'm in...starting to think one won't be enough...would like to "dress up" at least a TV VF-1A and TV VF-1S...

Detail wise for the armor, the transparent pieces for the legs are now clear, instead of the previous release’s blue & red.

The UN Spacy kite on left knee is now red on white, instead of white on black. 

In other words, it will be an exact mini-me Chogokin 1/48 Armor.

Edited by MKT

8 minutes ago, Duymon said:

Great for everyone that missed out. Doubt these will be insta-sold out like the DX'es

I agree with you on this sentiment.

Cool mini me of the GBP, but might have to pass on this. I’d rather have a new mold released from the Destroids set.

Besides, the DX GBP turned into a shelf warmer so this strategy to push a dud is strange.

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

Of course I'm getting this one, but I may use the included VF-1J for displaying without the armor, and use the armor on my old VF-1J that's showing some yellowing signs

I have a yellowing HM Hikaru VF-1J too...I covered him up in FEXT armor...lol

Some of them seemed to have yellowed while others did not...and my HM Roy and Skull Squadron VF-1As all seem to have avoided that fate....better plastics used on those I guess...

I'll be looking to get one of these, mainly as a more TV-accurate replacement for the original HMR release. I just hope the "white" on the armor matches the white on the valkyrie, instead of the gray in those photos. Maybe Bandai will dial that in better for production, but I'm not terribly optimistic. Either way, it's great to see more HMR Macross getting made.

On 12/24/2022 at 12:15 PM, jvmacross said:

I have a yellowing HM Hikaru VF-1J too...I covered him up in FEXT armor...lol

Some of them seemed to have yellowed while others did not...and my HM Roy and Skull Squadron VF-1As all seem to have avoided that fate....better plastics used on those I guess...

Same here!!!

• 3 weeks later...