HMR Macross Zero VF-0D Shin

MKT

item_0000014330_UDPHippR_106.jpg.d77a84859791da0d6f8da9db97cfce85.jpg.d7c0377b67eeb60e314b73cf51702d2e.jpg

I never use the shorter, partsforming wings for any of the HMR VF-1 or VF-0S for battroid mode so far, but I foresee myself using it for the VF-0D. I don't display the Arcadia VF-0D in battroid mostly for this reason, as the huge wings just look too awkward hanging off the back.

9 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

BANDAI.

WTF.  MAKE UP YOUR FREAKIN' MINDS ALREADY. 

ss(2023-02-23at07_48.30).jpg.be4f94748fa95e5f40a103a15f5fa1fb.jpg

Are we really doing this level of insane BS now??  Are you going to backtrack and make everyone rebuy everything again just to get white landing gear?

b651cd6dd38755baf7a4fa027c76f0fc.jpeg

Seriously, I'm getting at least two of these just so I have a spare set of white gear for my Roy. :rolleyes:  At least with the HMRs the gear have always been removable anyway, so they're easy to redo, but my brain hurts.

When Bandai's showed off the VF-0S in their promo pics, the landing gears were also white. So it was a bummer when it turned out silver on release. I'd expect the same for the VF-0D. :unsure:

item_0000013993_SY3ApPHN_17.jpg.be6fc0c041a421863907e5273ac5c3e3.jpg

Definitely in for 1 at less. Arcadia is stupidly expensive and prohibitive for me now days 😩 

Hope the 0A is coming soon too.

A SV 51 would be nice too but seeing that YamArcadia have very small pieces on the shoulder are makes me wonder what Bandai coukd come up with.

Edited by Froy

Let's Try not to clutter the dedicated toy threads with PO links....

We have a dedicated PO thread that has been working out well for months now in removing PO related posts from the dedicated toy threads...

https://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/49032-macrossworlds-po-thread-upcomingcurrent-pos-hi-metal-r-vf-0d-phoenix-shin-kudo-machine po-march-01-2023wwm-releasepost-links-to-available-pos-and-keep-discussions-on-pos-here/page/72/#comment-1654504

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

This one's general sales, not going to be put on Tamashii web shop as far as I am aware.

But the 0S is also general sales and Tamashii too. And this is also the on the Japanese Tamashii.

47 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

But the 0S is also general sales and Tamashii too. And this is also the on the Japanese Tamashii.

I could be wrong, but I think the Japanese Tamashii shop works differently than the others? For the US, limited Tamashii exclusives are usually listed on our p-bandai site.

General releases, like the 0D, are sold at other US shops and are easier to find, as noted by @Sanity is Optional. Some of the stores are listed here, by region:

https://tamashiiweb.com/en/shop/?wovn=en

48 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

It's not a "normal" Tamashii web exclusive that is open to anyone (in Japan)...it is a link to a "lottery" to purchase at the Tokyo Tamashii store being offered only to certain "Tamashii club" members

I can understand why this "lottery" would be used in the case of "limited" Tamashii store items...but for this "general release" Super VF-1S....I am not sure what the point is....seems you are waiting longer to get one...unless they will be giving you something "extra"....imagine if they threw in a "Focker" pilot as an exclusive Tamashii Store goodie....

• 2 weeks later...

People are joking, but that "much deeper" shade of blue IS an absolute deal-killer, at least for me.  

It's like history repeating itself for the third time.   From Yamato to Arcadia to Bandai.  Show something that looks pale/slate/desaturated blue as a sample, then make it way more blue at the last minute, so that it looks nothing like the show.  

I just want SOMEBODY to make a VF-0D in a dull shade of blue.  My "acceptable range" is pretty wide at this point, from original Yamato sample to HMR sample----but every actual release has been way too rich.  

1 hour ago, David Hingtgen said:

People are joking, but that "much deeper" shade of blue IS an absolute deal-killer, at least for me.  

It's like history repeating itself for the third time.   From Yamato to Arcadia to Bandai.  Show something that looks pale/slate/desaturated blue as a sample, then make it way more blue at the last minute, so that it looks nothing like the show.  

I just want SOMEBODY to make a VF-0D in a dull shade of blue.  My "acceptable range" is pretty wide at this point, from original Yamato sample to HMR sample----but every actual release has been way too rich.  

I sympathize with your plight, but at this point I'm afraid the only way you're going to get the blue you want is to buy a model kit and paint it yourself. Or repaint the HMR to the blue you want. Bandai cheaps out on the markings anyway so it's not like you'll have to find a bunch of replacement decals for it. ;)

19 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Arcadia did do the correct color.  I have two of them (I also need to dust again...)

20230319_102915.jpg.456d7dcf2eb972572ab547f9979f377c.jpg

On 3/15/2023 at 4:03 PM, Mommar said:

But this was displayed way before the pre-order images... So won't there be a chance the pre-order images show the corrected blue?

It is a bit of deal breaker for me.

All my hopes are now down to a VF-0A. I mean, they can't get the grey wrong there?

Edited by Raikkonen

5 hours ago, jenius said:

I think it's all the same color, just different lighting and camera. The promotional pics look a little overexposed whereas the video at the event leans the opposite direction.

Yeah. I’m thinking along the same lines. I wish there was a picture with Bandai’s 0D in natural lighting.

I remember Arcadia’s standard 0D looking darker than it did in pictures when I got it in hand. @MacrossJunkie did some fantastic custom work on his copy. He even has a matching weathered 0S to go with his custom weathered 0D.

Edited by technoblue