HMR Macross Zero VF-0D Shin

MKT

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I wouldn't mind the standard color scheme for the 0D like the ones with Shin & Edgar during training in Ep 2.

image.png.4a2365687c1cf393855fce3d1513121c.png

I would really like to see the VF-0B and VF-0C that the Variable Master File says were produced for the UNS Marines.  I think that all the versions of both the VF-0 and SV-51 would make great Hi-Metal R Macross jets!

Twich

1 minute ago, Bolt said:

SV-51 would be a no brainer insta grab. Canon fodders would sell out. 

I think the only sticky point would be how they would do the wings and what method they use to make the wings stiff and not floppy.  Also, bandai would have to only have permanently attached wings, dont know how they could make removable wings for that, unless they do flat wings, wings with wing boosters and then the articulated wings that are molded that way.  Either way, as one of the biggest variable fighters out there, it would be a giant box if they include the accessories that they should.

Twich

3 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I wouldn't mind the standard color scheme for the 0D like the ones with Shin & Edgar during training in Ep 2.

image.png.4a2365687c1cf393855fce3d1513121c.png

This would be a great scheme.. and I'm optimistic about it seeing Bandai love doing repaints. 

7 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Tenjin was involved in the production of Zero?  Never heard that before   

Wouldn't Hasegawa have consulted him too?  They give very different paint colors.  

Right out of his Artistry of Macross book.  No idea how Hase conducts their business.

20221206_071445.jpg.503e4df273dab1d1903dbf9dec1e0576.jpg

7 hours ago, twich said:

I think the only sticky point would be how they would do the wings and what method they use to make the wings stiff and not floppy.  Also, bandai would have to only have permanently attached wings, dont know how they could make removable wings for that, unless they do flat wings, wings with wing boosters and then the articulated wings that are molded that way.  Either way, as one of the biggest variable fighters out there, it would be a giant box if they include the accessories that they should.

Twich

This is about the only way that could work.

5 hours ago, Mommar said:

Right out of his Artistry of Macross book.  No idea how Hase conducts their business.

20221206_071445.jpg.503e4df273dab1d1903dbf9dec1e0576.jpg

Now that I think of it, are the Mac Zero valks about the only weathered color valks shown on screen? Those in Frontier or Delta don’t seem to be..

Edited by MKT

4 hours ago, MKT said:

Now that I think of it, are the Mac Zero valks about the only weathered color valks shown on screen? Those in Frontier or Delta doesn't seem to be..

Treatment-wise, I think it is. The production of the Zero is higher because it's a limited OAV episode release compared to a regular production series. Frontier/Delta only showed 'weathered' when the Valks gets hit upon returning to the hangar or for a 'focus shot' at the end of each battle. Most of the time, it's a clean out of the factory color renders.

33 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Treatment-wise, I think it is. The production of the Zero is higher because it's a limited OAV episode release compared to a regular production series. Frontier/Delta only showed 'weathered' when the Valks gets hit upon returning to the hangar or for a 'focus shot' at the end of each battle. Most of the time, it's a clean out of the factory color renders.

Perhaps there are fly-through jet wash  & wax tech by Frontier’s timeline onwards. :crazy:

But yeah Zero has such a lengthy production time. Budget non withstanding, they could add as many details as they wanted, and now thinking of it, it’s kinda crazy to wait half a year for each short episode to release, especially in today’s world of whole season dump in streaming.

• 2 months later...

BANDAI.

WTF.  MAKE UP YOUR FREAKIN' MINDS ALREADY. 

ss(2023-02-23at07_48.30).jpg.be4f94748fa95e5f40a103a15f5fa1fb.jpg

Are we really doing this level of insane BS now??  Are you going to backtrack and make everyone rebuy everything again just to get white landing gear?

b651cd6dd38755baf7a4fa027c76f0fc.jpeg

Seriously, I'm getting at least two of these just so I have a spare set of white gear for my Roy. :rolleyes:  At least with the HMRs the gear have always been removable anyway, so they're easy to redo, but my brain hurts.

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

I hope this gets a US release, BBTS usually has a markup but for me the convenience and low shipping costs offset that, I love grabbing as much as I can these days at one webshop. 

We’re in luck. B)) The Tamashii Nations site lists the 0D as a worldwide offering.

https://tamashiiweb.com/item_brand/hi-metal_r/?wovn=en

I expect US stores will have it up for pre-order like they did the 0S, but a little later than the Japanese stores.

Edited by technoblue

2 hours ago, technoblue said:

We’re in luck. B)) The Tamashii Nations site lists the 0D as a worldwide offering.

https://tamashiiweb.com/item_brand/hi-metal_r/?wovn=en

I expect US stores will have it up for pre-order like they did the 0S, but a little later than the Japanese stores.

Nice! Works for me, BBTS is just so convenient these days, Tamashii US webshop when I can, BBTS when I can't and don't want to bother with an overseas shop. 

6 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

BANDAI.

WTF.  MAKE UP YOUR FREAKIN' MINDS ALREADY. 

ss(2023-02-23at07_48.30).jpg.be4f94748fa95e5f40a103a15f5fa1fb.jpg

Are we really doing this level of insane BS now??  Are you going to backtrack and make everyone rebuy everything again just to get white landing gear?

b651cd6dd38755baf7a4fa027c76f0fc.jpeg

Seriously, I'm getting at least two of these just so I have a spare set of white gear for my Roy. :rolleyes:  At least with the HMRs the gear have always been removable anyway, so they're easy to redo, but my brain hurts.

Only one of the wheels is actually touching the ground. Warped and lopsided parts? Nothing new for Bandai. :rolleyes:

Now THIS is what I'm talking about. Very glad to see this. I was getting depressed after the "Genius" VF-0S was announced earlier this week. Didn't think we'd see something canon until maybe next year since lately Bandai seems to be either inventing terrible paint schemes or completely ruining good ones that already exist (I'm looking at you, DX Angel Birds).