Bandai Spirits SDF-1 TV edition

Swoosh

60cm in length!

From Google Translate:

"In commemoration of the 40th anniversary of the airing of "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross", this item, which is currently being planned, is a three-dimensional version of the TV version of SDF-1 Macross. It is said that it has achieved complete transformation from a ship to a strong attack type. Of course, it will be an action figure that can reproduce the impressive scenes in the play, such as the main gun firing and Daedalus attack poses."

https://hobby.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1456796.html?fbclid=IwAR2Z8YSA00iT032s3ONx7LRYrvGjl-MdCVPY-RMRx7Vu8KAJTdMCTkjnSBw

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Edited by Swoosh
Add Google Translate short description

• Swoosh changed the title to Bandai Spirits SDF-1
2 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Time to clear off some space. That is really a beautiful piece.

Bummer that it has no landing gear like the Takatoku.

I hope they fix that before actual release.😅

I don't know, may be landing gear was just a toy thing, never saw it in any design art.

• David Hingtgen changed the title to Bandai Spirits SDF-1 TV edition

Oh frak me!

I would hope it's a little more white instead of greyish-white.

But my goodness!  I'm already itching to panel-line that sumbitch!

EDIT:  Just checked:  no way this sucker is fitting inside a Detolf shelf.

Edited by Mog

And just because I’m a facetious ass, they better make sure this secures strong and tight and doesn’t tend to look like this:

7738563D-30CC-4F89-917E-5110F81BAF4E.jpeg.b2951b81642670444ed83ea492b3a804.jpeg

If it flops or constantly misaligns, I’m gonna scream bloody hell murder.

(Prepares to be yelled at)  Overall it looks good, very well detailed especially if you wanted to panel line it. My only real gripe with it this is the length of the main guns, needs to be longer IMO, just like the old 80's versions the guns need to be extended. Otherwise looks good, I can't imagine what this will cost though... pending it's actually produced. 

2 hours ago, Swoosh said:

60cm in length!

From Google Translate:

"In commemoration of the 40th anniversary of the airing of "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross", this item, which is currently being planned, is a three-dimensional version of the TV version of SDF-1 Macross. It is said that it has achieved complete transformation from a ship to a strong attack type. Of course, it will be an action figure that can reproduce the impressive scenes in the play, such as the main gun firing and Daedalus attack poses."

https://hobby.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1456796.html?fbclid=IwAR2Z8YSA00iT032s3ONx7LRYrvGjl-MdCVPY-RMRx7Vu8KAJTdMCTkjnSBw

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Hmm.

This will prolly look good alongside together with their previously shown/released 1/35 VF-1J.

oh, wait...

:bump:

3 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

(Prepares to be yelled at)  Overall it looks good, very well detailed especially if you wanted to panel line it. My only real gripe with it this is the length of the main guns, needs to be longer IMO, just like the old 80's versions the guns need to be extended. Otherwise looks good, I can't imagine what this will cost though... pending it's actually produced. 

Looking at this pic, it's actually longer than the old Takatoku/Matchbox one:

12.jpg

On the custom I did a few years back, you can see where the original main guns ended.  And compared to my custom extension below, Bandai's main guns are just a smidge shorter (and probably accurate to the line-art):

large.4F5C75F1-9AF0-4CD4-BF3D-1DD9679D0E05.jpeg.99e7de80fa7a020ec66056f66aa575bd.jpeg