Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross 7 Fire Valkyrie

Mommar

4 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Won’t have to. Just implement the High Speed Mode hinges from the YF-19.

HAH.. Please, no :p   I never want to see those hinges again lol

The different angles do look like the nose section has a slightly different shape though, now that you can see more of it.  I actually would love someone to get a lower angle to get a proper planform, since it looks like the LEX might not go as far forward as I first thought.  The shine on the spine does make me think it's tapered differently.

The canopy looks much flatter at the front to me, and the canards are lower than the YF-19 even had them.  I can't see any visible mechanism for them either, but I'm pretty sure this one is a solid prototype, since there are a lot of seams missing in the fuselage.

I'll be interested to see if they do another origami fold in the legs like the YF-19 had, or go with something simpler this time.

Edited by Chronocidal

Hope the intake details will be painted, otherwise they shouldn't bother with them at all.. I hardly display Bandai valks with intake covers off for those with unpainted intake details as they will look cheap (although it can be an easy DIY job).

2 hours ago, MKT said:

Hope the intake details will be painted, otherwise they shouldn't bother with them at all.. I hardly display Bandai valks with intake covers off for those with unpainted intake details as they will look cheap (although it can be an easy DIY job).

Even if painted, they'd still look cheap. The VF-25 and YF-29 fans in the primary intakes were especially egregious. At least the DX VF-1 fans have sharper, more defined details. 

In my opinion, Yamato/Arcadia generally did better in that area. That and painting the landing gear. It's funny that Bandai and can cover their valks in tampo to the point of overkill (see VF-27 super, DX VF-1, YF-19, YF-21 prototype), but can't be bothered with painting basic things like the intakes and landing gear.

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Gundam don't have jet intakes or landing gear, so the average Bandai designer is perplexed by such strange things, like a caveman who fell into a crevasse and was found thousands of years later, thawed out, and forced to live in our modern world. 8)

Oh, I wouldn’t say that. They about booster feet.

image.jpeg.61125a57088ca04739e370d71e461f61.jpeg

3 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

image.png.f0437bc8420b2e9e9a9954e4a2b9c09c.png
I hope we get to see the full underbelly. I fear the gaps found at the knees on the Yamacadia could also be present in this Bandai.

Just so you know that the photo attached to your post is the HMR version and not the DX Chogokin. ;) 

15 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

You’re right. Well then, I hope neither come with those gaps.

Thanks.

I was checking back and forth the YamArcadia thru images online and comparing it to the HMR display since the DX display that they had is just showing the top of the Fighter mode. Where HMR, it’s displayed in Battroid and Fighter modes. The HMR fighter somehow has the same ‘gap’ looking thing in sideview same as the YamArcadia’s. Assuming it’s following the same design (by T-Rex), there’s a probability that it will also have the same knee gap on the HMR underbelly. The DX display on the other hand, it’s still hard to guess for now.

On 11/21/2022 at 6:24 AM, no3Ljm said:

I was checking back and forth the YamArcadia thru images online and comparing it to the HMR display since the DX display that they had is just showing the top of the Fighter mode. Where HMR, it’s displayed in Battroid and Fighter modes. The HMR fighter somehow has the same ‘gap’ looking thing in sideview same as the YamArcadia’s. Assuming it’s following the same design (by T-Rex), there’s a probability that it will also have the same knee gap on the HMR underbelly. The DX display on the other hand, it’s still hard to guess for now.

FiA6eELVEAA8tG2.jpeg.8ca13910ead96196ca39f227d1b8cc84.jpeg

The HMR definitely has the YamArcadia gap.

Edited by Reïvaj

On 11/20/2022 at 5:51 AM, Lolicon said:

Gundam don't have jet intakes or landing gear, so the average Bandai designer is perplexed by such strange things, like a caveman who fell into a crevasse and was found thousands of years later, thawed out, and forced to live in our modern world. 8)

:rofl:

On 11/20/2022 at 10:42 AM, nightmareB4macross said:

Oh, I wouldn’t say that. They about booster feet.

image.jpeg.61125a57088ca04739e370d71e461f61.jpeg

Ya, but zero contrast there:p

On 11/21/2022 at 1:24 AM, no3Ljm said:

The HMR fighter somehow has the same ‘gap’ looking thing in sideview same as the YamArcadia’s. Assuming it’s following the same design (by T-Rex), there’s a probability that it will also have the same knee gap on the HMR underbelly. The DX display on the other hand, it’s still hard to guess for now.

Let's hope they're trying to be different than YamyCadia. Like with certain other Valks..

11 hours ago, Reïvaj said:

FiA6eELVEAA8tG2.jpeg.8ca13910ead96196ca39f227d1b8cc84.jpeg

The HMR definitely has the YamArcadia gap.

It also has the fatter intake lip that the YamArcadia VF/YF-19 have as well as the groove in the gullet below the cockpit for you to wedge a fingernail into which is not present on the Bandai VF/YF-19's. Hmm, the hinge connecting the wing to the leg is also identical to the YamArcadia implementations compared to the Bandai VF/YF-19. 

The HMR really does seem like a downscaled Yamato VF-19 Kai after looking at it more closely.

2 hours ago, wmkjr said:

They finally showing this one. Remembered it years ago and thought it was vaporware:

149673025_DXVF-19Kai.jpg.61f50b07c4baf71941d283b9f416dec7.jpg

I actually don't believe this model has anything in common with the fire valk on display at the recent show.  If you look closely at that one, it's much more similar to the YF-19 release, both in shape, and in markings, since it has tampo plastered all over it, including intake markings.

I don't think either is a finished product, but that previous prototype actually looked more finished than the current one, which makes me think it was just a quick and dirty concept model built from a heavily modified YF-19.

Also.. random thing to note.. that new Bandai display model still has the fat intake lip. <_< 

58 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

It also has the fatter intake lip that the YamArcadia VF/YF-19 have as well as the groove in the gullet below the cockpit for you to wedge a fingernail into which is not present on the Bandai VF/YF-19's. Hmm, the hinge connecting the wing to the leg is also identical to the YamArcadia implementations compared to the Bandai VF/YF-19. 

The HMR really does seem like a downscaled Yamato VF-19 Kai after looking at it more closely.

Great observation! Not sure how I feel it being a 100% downscaled copy of Yamcadia's. Perhaps it is a good thing. I do hope the Chogokin version will bring some new innovation though.

39 minutes ago, MKT said:

Great observation! Not sure how I feel it being a 100% downscaled copy of Yamcadia's. Perhaps it is a good thing. I do hope the Chogokin version will bring some new innovation though.

The DX version does look like it has the mechanisms of the DX YF-19 from what little I can see of it. It doesn't have the chunky wing hinge and has similar folds and flaps on the top as the DX YF-19 has. 

• 10 months later...

Hopefully they'll do a little more with it this time, instead of just sticking it against a wall where you can't get any good photos.  Or maybe a battroid pose?  That would be a lot more interesting to compare with the Yamato one.

I wouldn't mind HMRs of all of them either, though. ^_^ 

• 5 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Did we ever get pictures at TN2023?

I am anxious to see how it compares with the original Yamato mold.image.jpeg.1e7215a5cbf2aff2d6300231c96a8137.jpeg

Only the HMR and TinySession was displayed. No Chogokin.

Edited by no3Ljm

22 hours ago, Lolicon said:

More Bandai vaporware. 

:spiteful:

11 hours ago, PointBlankSniper said:

think the tiny sessions was the big announcement lol

They didn’t even show the HMR VF-19 during the livestream.:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

Not 300 different Gundams? 

You’re probably watching a different product livestream. :acute: