Hasbro Selfie Series

no3Ljm

3 hours ago, Negotiator said:

Try the app. You'll see what it would look like

I’ll probably play around with it to see what it’s like to use it. Also to see what bodies they have. I’d like to see if it’s possible to easily get someone to take the pictures without them knowing what it’s for, to see about a surprise gift

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I've read that people find the face scanning and printing to be terrible, that there should be a wider variety of bodies to choose from, and that the price is a ripoff.

The price is a bit high, but I think the novelty is really the selling point. I don’t want one for me, and there’s probably a lot of people not wanting a toy of themselves, but one for the kids or a gift for someone else seems reasonable since you’d really only buy one per person rather than a whole line. That and the price of other toys in the same scale being much more than the $20 hasbro price doesn’t seem too bad. just think of it as a one off gift rather than a line you need to collect 
Supposedly there’s gonna be more bodies soon. As far as the test faces I really only saw a video with the other guy from Adam Savages tested show on YouTube and it looked alright to me.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  On the one hand, it seemed like a really cool idea and I'm a bit sorry to see it die.  On the other hand, I never used it because I had no interest in the figures they used as the bases for the Selfie Series.

I was somewhat interested to see where things would go in a year or so. Maybe better base figures or upgrades in customization on the faces or lower prices. I guess it just wasn’t a popular thing, probably due to the price because the idea was actually pretty cool.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Main reason:  The face scanning and printing were terrible.

It was a pretty early concept. I think it would probably have improved as time went on as far as price and quality. Hopefully they take some time and get things a bit better before trying again, since the concept is a neat idea and I kinda think that this was just the start of toy companies trying this.

I saw a thing on tested a few months back where a company had started doing 3D scans similar to how people would just go into a portrait booth. It would do a scan and print statues in full color. They seemed really fragile though, but the moment someone comes up with a product and service others will try and improve the ideas.