Macross Frontier Blu-ray Box Special Limited Edition release on March 24, 2023 (JP release)

wmkjr

Specific thread for the upcoming release of the Frontier series on Blu-ray for Japan market AFAIK. Does not include the 2 movies.  Includes all 25 episodes, storage case drawn by Risa Ebisa, 32pg booklet, Bonus disc  and more.  Estimated retail 27500yen.

Info page: https://v-storage.bnarts.jp/sp-site/macross_f_bdbox/

Preorder sites (will update here if folks post in thread):

A-On Store: a-onstore.jp

Amazon Japan: with limited benefits    and    without limited benefits

Amiami: amiami

Animate: animate

CDJapan: cdjapan

Play Asia: play-asia

Edited by wmkjr
shortened links

• azrael changed the title to Macross Frontier Blu-ray Box Special Limited Edition release on March 24, 2023 (JP release)

I already have the first release, and I'll probably give in and double-dip on the promised upcoming NA release. No interest in a triple-dip.

All those years ago I figured I'd mux in the best of the fansubs with a raw rip of my physical copy, and I never got around to it.

7 minutes ago, azrael said:

Will the NA release be based of this release? Is this just a re-release of the original master?

Not sure. Info from Nozomi Entertainment/Rightstuffanime has been sparse.

8 hours ago, kajnrig said:

It's kind of mildly infuriating how there's been more information about this release, two weeks or so after its initial announcement, than there has been about ANY of the supposedly incoming American box sets in what feels like half a year.

I blame Harmony Gold, if only for old times' sake.

On 10/18/2022 at 5:36 PM, wmkjr said:

Specific thread for the upcoming release of the Frontier series on Blu-ray for Japan market AFAIK. Does not include the 2 movies.  Includes all 25 episodes, storage case drawn by Risa Ebisa, 32pg booklet, Bonus disc  and more.  Estimated retail 27500yen.

Info page: https://v-storage.bnarts.jp/sp-site/macross_f_bdbox/

Preorder sites (will update here if folks post in thread):

A-On Store: a-onstore.jp

Amazon Japan: with limited benefits    and    without limited benefits

Amiami: amiami

Animate: animate

CDJapan: cdjapan

Play Asia: play-asia

Based on the CDJapan listing, there are no subtitles so it looks like there’s no English

13 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Based on the CDJapan listing, there are no subtitles so it looks like there’s no English

Official Macross site didn't also says any subtitles details for the recent Delta movie, yet it came with English Subtitles. Maybe they will update the listings before release? Who knows?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/10/2023 at 10:57 PM, Knight26 said:

Still no US or international release?

Nothing new since last year Anime Expo announcements.

And except Frontier TV broadcast in South Korea and Frontier movies screening in Taiwan, nothing more has been planned internationally so far.

As Big West only moves to US conventions, guess we'll have to wait until AX 2023 early July for some news, at least for US stuff.

Both Frontier movies played in select theaters in the US late last year. I'd be really surprised if Creative Sphere wasn't asked to do the subtitles. But I'm completely unaware of the situation. Nevertheless, it would be a bummer and really hamper the WWM promotions, to not have English subs..:unknw:

• 3 weeks later...