Well, this is a bit different...My artwork appeared on a video

pengbuzz

Okay, to preface: 3 years ago, I posted an "in-box" digibash I did of my Transformers fan character on Artstation; I had also posted the pic on a few different places.

Here's the pic in question (and the figure itself, a modded Super Gobot admittedly):

g1-jackknife-box-final.jpg.cc87adad9b12be189671c8ee59a33cd2.jpg 

005.JPG.86ca9289462cd1e91fda14046061aa6f.JPG006.JPG.3ac16e6c6b2e9b1089651353e2bf2cc0.JPG

The pic at ArtStation:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/lVdWDY

Well, recently I was watching some videos on Youtube about old 80's toys, and I came across this one:

If you go to 5:26, you see this:

1051931703_G1JackknifeYoutube.jpg.41467bcbd2bfaabe564b75df8b1e124d.jpg

(Before anyone asks: no the video is NOT mine.)

Any ideas?

-pengbuzz

Edited by pengbuzz

14 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Any ideas?

That's simply a mistake of ignorance.  That particular YouTuber (like so many on the platform) doesn't know enough about the subject he's discussing to realize he's wrong.

Your digibash was convincing enough to fool a casual collector, that's all. :unknw:

39 minutes ago, tekering said:

That's simply a mistake of ignorance.  That particular YouTuber (like so many on the platform) doesn't know enough about the subject he's discussing to realize he's wrong.

Your digibash was convincing enough to fool a casual collector, that's all. :unknw:

You have a point.

7 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Add "art forger" to your CV?

:rofl:

• azrael changed the title to Well, this is a bit different...My artwork appeared on a video

Doesn't seem like the vid poster was claiming your work, but simply using it as an example to make his/her point. To that end, it should be a bit gratifying that your bash was so well done that it fooled them (although the more discerning TF fans likely would have spotted it).  Sounds like no harm done to you, a bit of embarrassment for the vid poster, and you have bragging rights for unintentionally fooling said vid poster.

5 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

Doesn't seem like the vid poster was claiming your work, but simply using it as an example to make his/her point. To that end, it should be a bit gratifying that your bash was so well done that it fooled them (although the more discerning TF fans likely would have spotted it).  Sounds like no harm done to you, a bit of embarrassment for the vid poster, and you have bragging rights for unintentionally fooling said vid poster.

Yeah, I didn't really think he was, just surprised they used it! :lol:

Having watched some of the YouTuber in questions other videos, I'm pretty sure it was an honest mistake. Your work is very well done, and to be fair to the guy "Transformers" are not his main area of toy interest. If you contact them, I expect they'd be happy to either correct the error or at least hold their hands up.

2 hours ago, F-ZeroOne said:

Having watched some of the YouTuber in questions other videos, I'm pretty sure it was an honest mistake. Your work is very well done, and to be fair to the guy "Transformers" are not his main area of toy interest. If you contact them, I expect they'd be happy to either correct the error or at least hold their hands up.

Well, after the consensus here, I'm just going to leave things be. More than anything, it was the initial shock of seeing it in the video; after thinking about it though, it at least validates my work! lol

I really just wanted folks' opinions about this before I said anything. I can be a bit temperamental due to my medical issues, and given some recent incidents I wanted to avoid anything else.

Thanks everyone for the advice! I'll be signing pics in the main lobby later this evening! lol

8 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Well, after the consensus here, I'm just going to leave things be. More than anything, it was the initial shock of seeing it in the video; after thinking about it though, it at least validates my work! lol

I really just wanted folks' opinions about this before I said anything. I can be a bit temperamental due to my medical issues, and given some recent incidents I wanted to avoid anything else.

Thanks everyone for the advice! I'll be signing pics in the main lobby later this evening! lol

I’d take a signed copy. 
I think it’s best to just let it be. It’s all for fun anyway and if the YouTuber ever corrects it maybe that could be a whole other fun thing. Maybe someone will do a whole video on this non controversy and track you down for a little interview.

Just have fun with your fame

5 hours ago, Big s said:

I’d take a signed copy. 
I think it’s best to just let it be. It’s all for fun anyway and if the YouTuber ever corrects it maybe that could be a whole other fun thing. Maybe someone will do a whole video on this non controversy and track you down for a little interview.

Just have fun with your fame

That's what I plan on. :)

*hands signed copy to Big s*

You all got me curious, so I scanned through the comments. I was posted 2 years ago that it was a custom and they posted the art station link. However, the poor guy that posted the question in the comments thought he was loosing his mind for a bit as he couldn't remember such a transformer. The video creator never commented on it.

3 hours ago, DewPoint said:

You all got me curious, so I scanned through the comments. I was posted 2 years ago that it was a custom and they posted the art station link. However, the poor guy that posted the question in the comments thought he was loosing his mind for a bit as he couldn't remember such a transformer. The video creator never commented on it.

lol wow!