R.I.P. Coolio

no3Ljm

8 hours ago, Big s said:

Not gonna lie and say I’m a fan, but that song is definitely very iconic for the 90’s. It was everywhere at the time from movie soundtracks to MTV to people bumping it on the radio at the mall parking lots. Even Weird Al had a version.

You have Stevie Wonder to thank for that.  From the fact it's just Pastime Paradise and that Stevie would only allow Coolio to release his version if all swearing was removed, thus it could actually be played everywhere and become a bigger hit in the process. 

7 hours ago, Mommar said:

You have Stevie Wonder to thank for that.  From the fact it's just Pastime Paradise and that Stevie would only allow Coolio to release his version if all swearing was removed, thus it could actually be played everywhere and become a bigger hit in the process. 

That’s kinda why I’m not really into the rap and hip hop stuff. Almost every song was just someone else’s song. They usually don’t even re-record the music, they sample the original version and just add a few things here and there and say it’s their own song.

• azrael locked this topic