DX Chogokin VF-25 Revival Ver (WWM Releases)

no3Ljm

4 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

I would think that Ozma would come with the armored set as he was depicted deploying with it more times than not. It was pretty much his standard load out. :unknw:

100% agree... But they have the packaging for super bundles and armored parts make great exclusives and would allow them to make an Alto armor also... So I think the accountants would win.

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Correct, they definitely made a notable change to the plastic used for the super parts for this run.  

I've reached the point where I don't in any way trust Bandai's pre-release promo pictures--and I think that all of us here on MW are in the same boat. We've been Bandai'd too many times over the years. Usually the color differences are relatively small, but this one is pretty big. I'm now less excited about the reissue I ordered.

I just realized i responded to the wrong thread re: the super packs lol.

(Was meant to be a response to @no3Ljm)

There was a display of the revival VF25F and VF25G at the NYC Tamashii Nations World Tour. I forgot to take a pic of the VF25F, but here's a pic of the VF25G (gerwalk) with supers for reference

20230428_151954.jpg.a454680c139fef009c7d4e48007087a3.jpg

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

3 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

I've reached the point where I don't in any way trust Bandai's pre-release promo pictures--and I think that all of us here on MW are in the same boat. We've been Bandai'd too many times over the years. Usually the color differences are relatively small, but this one is pretty big. I'm now less excited about the reissue I ordered.

The canopy is deeper/darker blue this time, too.  Not "VF-31 bad" but definitely "obscures the pilot some".  

My copy arrived today.

Matte finish makes it look so much better than the renewal.

Canopy tint looks to be identical to the previous version. It might be a tiny bit darker, but the difference is so slight that it's negligible.

Wings and head lasers are slightly warped because Bandai.

Aside from the matte finish and NO STEP markings on the wings, it looks identical to the renewal. I know Bandai made a few modifications to some of the joints, but if it's the same as the WWM version then there won't be much difference.

Side by side with my old renewal (phone pics)

25Frevival01.jpg.1ae9e189049d016f2c379a5f1bbb005c.jpg

25Frevival02.jpg.e536511bb86e7823232c06c3714b8d50.jpg

25Frevival03.jpg.9b94958af929c0de27d0d43f58f1a20d.jpg

I broke my Messiah. :(

25Frevival04.jpg.f79be9c5b60571232839713f7ff7f481.jpg

Edited by Lolicon

On 5/5/2023 at 12:56 PM, no3Ljm said:

Looking forward on your 'magic' fixing it, @Lolicon. :good::rolleyes:

On 5/5/2023 at 4:34 PM, DewPoint said:

All hail the white landing gears!  :hail:

:lol:

So, now that I have the Revival version in hand, I have to say it's great for those who missed out on the Renewals. But if you already have the Renewal and are happy with it (and it's not yellowed or broken), I wouldn't sweat missing out on the Revival version. The improved joints are only marginally better than the Renewals and the super parts are more purple-ish (it's the "Gundam grey" color I think if you've ever handled Gundam markers).

The matte finish is lovely, but you could achieve the same effect with some matte topcoat sprayed onto the Renewals. But I understand not everyone has the time or wherewithal to do that, so the Revival version is a good choice if you absolutely must have that matte finish.

It's a shame they didn't take the opportunity to tweak the boosters to have a sliding or rotsting mechanism to give the shoulders more room to manouvre in Gerwalk.  You csn see multipme times in the animation where the boosters just kind of nudge themselves over to give the animation more space.

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The matte finish is lovely, but you could achieve the same effect with some matte topcoat sprayed onto the Renewals. But I understand not everyone has the time or wherewithal to do that, so the Revival version is a good choice if you absolutely must have that matte finish.

I'm wondering how long I should wait to see if there's going to be a reissue, before spraying my Alto Armor Pack with matte coat, so it'll match...

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

That and the extra tampo markings. It's true though that if you spray a matte finish over top of either of them, it comes out the same in the end. I can also attest to the fact that the new matte finish that the newer stuff came out with does not in fact make the surface any less hydrophobic, so you have to spray very carefully and lightly to prevent any pooling.

• 2 weeks later...

While Bandai manages to get nearly every detail/marking there is on the -25 (especially on the Armor pack) they always miss a significant(IMHO) one on Alto's----the grey part of the "jaw".  They leave it white, which makes the whole bottom half of the head look off as there's like 3x as much white as there should be.  So I painted mine.  

IMG_9996.jpeg

IMG_9994.jpeg

IMG_9995.jpeg

It's almost impossible to search the old threads, so I'm hoping someone remembers----when the intakes refuse to peg in flush, what's the fix?  The gap's not huge, but it is causing issues with getting all the panels lined up and flush in fighter mode.   

IMG_0006.jpeg

On 5/21/2023 at 10:49 AM, David Hingtgen said:

While Bandai manages to get nearly every detail/marking there is on the -25 (especially on the Armor pack) they always miss a significant(IMHO) one on Alto's----the grey part of the "jaw".  They leave it white, which makes the whole bottom half of the head look off as there's like 3x as much white as there should be.  So I painted mine.  

IMG_9996.jpeg

IMG_9994.jpeg

IMG_9995.jpeg

Talking about minimal customization for maximum effect! I’ve rewatched the opening of Frontier and yes, the lower jaw should’ve been dark grey indeed.😀

IMG_1677.jpeg.b4d51005a8d1c451a921966691b48e57.jpeg

Skimping on details is Bandai's bread & butter. That's the entire reason the HMR line exists. :p

Shoulder blocks should be grey too. Whoops!

More details... (so much for just doing a quick panel wash :blink:)

25fdetails.jpg.ad1639bb57b083dfc0ef2f5c7ee802c5.jpg

Edited by Lolicon