DX Chogokin VF-25 Revival Ver (WWM Releases)

no3Ljm

It took a lot of superglue and careful sanding, but I was able to piece back together one of the sets of crumbled triangles and shoulders on one 171CF.  I think what I had to do was remove the metal spring pins, and replace them with segments of insulated wire, and they work good as new.

The one whose knee shattered became a stock of spare parts for all the others, so I'm pretty close to having three decent ones out of the four wrecks I picked up.

A green renewal VF-27 would be much appreciated if they took it back to the original dull olive green color of the first release.  The 1.5 version was WAY too deep/bright a green, and didn't match the show at all.  (but the stripes were at least grey, while the 1.0 has lavender stripes carried over from Brera's)

2 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

A green renewal VF-27 would be much appreciated if they took it back to the original dull olive green color.  The 1.5 version was WAY too deep/bright a green, and didn't match the show at all.  (but the stripes were at least grey, while the 1.0 has lavender stripes carried over from Brera's)

Agreed and the green wasn't even uniformly consistent.

On 11/23/2022 at 11:43 PM, twich said:

Yes, improving the mold would be a welcome addition to the mold of the “renewal” VF-27. I would also hope that they would improve the VF-171 mold, such as the disintegration triangles and the exploding wing pins.

Twich

The Alto , Maruyama, and  Luca 171's all seemed to have been fixed of those issues. 

On 11/24/2022 at 9:40 AM, nightmareB4macross said:

I’m still holding out for a YF-24 Evolution.

Oh yes ! I want one! But it's probably not   Coming until it's featured in the next game , OVA, or Series.. even a cameo would be justification! 

• 2 weeks later...

So, with the revival Bandai DX Chogokin VF-25F Super Set Alto custom revival version (try saying that 3 times fast), it comes with Alto in his ex-gear on a little stand. Is this new, or did it come with the renewal version of the toy. Thanks!

Twich

3 hours ago, twich said:

So, with the revival Bandai DX Chogokin VF-25F Super Set Alto custom revival version (try saying that 3 times fast), it comes with Alto in his ex-gear on a little stand. Is this new, or did it come with the renewal version of the toy. Thanks!

Twich

You're asking about the small Alto Ex-Gear figure, right? If so, yes, it did came with the Alto Renewal version.

It is slim chance these days going by their current release pattern, but I hope Bandai also move on to revive the non-heroic schemes.

The YF-25 Prophecy is one of my earliest valks, it is now yellowed as heck. I dug up an old pic back when it was new and re-processed it, and to me this one of the best schemes of any valk.

1526608361_YF-25b2NRM2Bnt.jpg.2f8495fcc01d00d45b739f709861ac30.jpg

8 minutes ago, MKT said:

It is slim chance these days going by their current release pattern, but I hope Bandai also move on to revive the non-heroic schemes.

The YF-25 Prophecy is one of my earliest valks, it is now yellowed as heck. I dug up an old pic back when it was new and re-processed it, and to me this one of the best schemes of any valk.

1526608361_YF-25b2NRM2Bnt.jpg.2f8495fcc01d00d45b739f709861ac30.jpg

The YF-25 Prophecy was the only renewal VF-25 that I owned from Bandai. It was such a unique scheme, and the only one that was officially from the New UN Spacy.  Way back when you could get it from BBTS,  for Christmas one year I got the original VF-25F Alto Custom.  It is definitely showing its age, but I passed it onto my 14 year old son, and he enjoys the heck out of it as one of his only, true Macross jets that he owns.  I now have the special VF-25F World Wide Macross release and it has rekindled my love for the designs of Macross Frontier.

Twich

So in my stocking, I received a slip of paper proclaiming that my wife pre-ordered the Bandai DX Chogokin VF-25F Super Parts Revival edition Alto Saotome custom!  I am super excited!  BBTS says June, hope it comes in earlier than that!

WoooHoo!

Twich

• 3 weeks later...

My searching ability is apparently not very good. I see a DV VF-25 Version 2 thread in the hall of the super topics but there had to be other VF-25 Renewal threads since then. Anyone know where I can locate them? I'm trying to figure out if Bandai made any changes between the first Alto release in 2011 and the 'final' reissue in 2014. 

7 minutes ago, jenius said:

My searching ability is apparently not very good. I see a DV VF-25 Version 2 thread in the hall of the super topics but there had to be other VF-25 Renewal threads since then. Anyone know where I can locate them? I'm trying to figure out if Bandai made any changes between the first Alto release in 2011 and the 'final' reissue in 2014. 

Do you mean this thread?

• 2 months later...

Definitely going to grab one of these.. fingers crossed I don't get screwed twice and have the crotch plate missing on both releases. :lol:

That's actually part of why I was glad I picked up the YF-25.. the blue was a close enough match to look good on Michael's original release.  Personally.. I think it even looks better, due to having the colors flipped.  Michael's valk always had a few weird color choices that stood out in a bad way, like the bottom of the nose being blue with white gear doors, for some reason... when the original v.1 VF-25 actually had the full underside matching somehow? :huh: 

As anticipated. This is good for people who just starting the hobby. :good: It looks like it might be awhile before we see any news for the YF-21. :lol: 

Also, if there's anyone here planning on getting this and planning on selling their Renewals, maybe they can sell me Michael's Sniper Rifle? :rolleyes:

I'm pleased to see the VF-25s being reissued with improvements, but for me it means more landing gears that need to be painted... :mellow:

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Definitely going to grab one of these.. fingers crossed I don't get screwed twice and have the crotch plate missing on both releases. :lol:

That's actually part of why I was glad I picked up the YF-25.. the blue was a close enough match to look good on Michael's original release.  Personally.. I think it even looks better, due to having the colors flipped.  Michael's valk always had a few weird color choices that stood out in a bad way, like the bottom of the nose being blue with white gear doors, for some reason... when the original v.1 VF-25 actually had the full underside matching somehow? :huh: 

That's how it appears in the anime.

Edited by Lolicon

51 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

As anticipated. This is good for people who just starting the hobby. :good: It looks like it might be awhile before we see any news for the YF-21. :lol: 

The dark side of Bandai. Milking molds with minor tweeks while holding out on teased promises..:fool:

18 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I'm pleased to see the VF-25s being reissued with improvements, but for me it means more landing gears that need to be painted... :mellow:

It will never end...:p

23 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

That's how it appears in the anime.

Like so many of the design and texture choices in Frontier though, it feels as though Bandai stayed true to things being dorked up by the animators in the first place.  Aesthetically?  A whole bunch of things they did make no sense, and the only excuse I can find is "Oh.. the animators did that... I guess we should too."

The "NO STEP" markings on the underside of wings is very likely the same thing.  Does it make sense for that to be printed in zero-g environments?  Sure.. except that if you're floating, you don't have to "step" on anything.  I've always thought that excuse only exists to cover the fact that the animators mirrored the textures on top and bottom of the wings.

Edited by Chronocidal

I already have an opened and unopened set of the VF-25G Renewal and Super Parts but I'll probably order this set just to support Bandai Macross items in general.  Maybe they can get closer to releasing the HMR Tomahawk and Phalanx.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Like so many of the design and texture choices in Frontier though, it feels as though Bandai stayed true to things being dorked up by the animators in the first place.  Aesthetically?  A whole bunch of things they did make no sense, and the only excuse I can find is "Oh.. the animators did that... I guess we should too."

The "NO STEP" markings on the underside of wings is very likely the same thing.  Does it make sense for that to be printed in zero-g environments?  Sure.. except that if you're floating, you don't have to "step" on anything.  I've always thought that excuse only exists to cover the fact that the animators mirrored the textures on top and bottom of the wings.

In the case of the 25G, it's simply accurate to the show. There is no evidence to suggest this was a screw-up rather than an intentional design choice, as it appears like this consistently throughout the anime. Whereas the 25F is missing it's red and black paint on the head in the first episode, though one could simply say that that was Gilliam's 25F and Alto's is a different color variant.

You don't have to like it, but in this instance there really is no one to blame except maybe Kawamori for the choice of colors.

Edited by Lolicon

10 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I already have an opened and unopened set of the VF-25G Renewal and Super Parts but I'll probably order this set just to support Bandai Macross items in general.  Maybe they can get closer to releasing the HMR Tomahawk and Phalanx.

I like your long game approach :good:

27 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

It never does. With the 25F release next month, I think this time around I'll keep the the clean anime look, seeing as how I've already finished the SMS squadron. :fool:

51094725872_7a26e40817_k.jpg

No matter how and what Bandai does on their Revival releases. Yours looks way better. :wub: :good: