DX Chogokin VF-25 Revival Ver (WWM Releases)

no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

The Renewal has one screw. The Revival ver on the other hand, since it's not out yet, if it's going to use the update from the VF-25F Worldwide Release, then it's going to have 3 screws.

Thanks for the info! Seeing that the update has been implemented on the worldwide version, something tells me the revival will most likely get the three screw treatment.:good:

1 hour ago, Angesdad said:

Thanks for the info! Seeing that the update has been implemented on the worldwide version, something tells me the revival will most likely get the three screw treatment.:good:

Be advised, some folks in the Macross FB groups reported QA/QC issues with the WWM release, like loose hips and ankle joints. Shared just as an FYI.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, all.  Longtime Macross fan and have often eyed the DX toys with great longing, but they've always been too expensive and too much of a pain in the butt to get (for a US person not on the west coast), and I could never justify the expense and effort of going after one.  World Wide Macross and this release finally tipped the balance for me.  The matte finish, the bundled super parts, and a US release with free shipping for $260?  It's still expensive and it's still a toy for a grown ass man, but I bought it.

At least with it being a pre-order, I've now got a few months to figure out how to explain to my wife what I just spent my money on.  Heaven help me if they release the Delta Valks here (the original 31J and 31C, anyway, I'm not crazy about the AX vresions).  I feel like I've just stepped onto a very slippery slope.

3 hours ago, guyxxed said:

Hey, all.  Longtime Macross fan and have often eyed the DX toys with great longing, but they've always been too expensive and too much of a pain in the butt to get (for a US person not on the west coast), and I could never justify the expense and effort of going after one.  World Wide Macross and this release finally tipped the balance for me.  The matte finish, the bundled super parts, and a US release with free shipping for $260?  It's still expensive and it's still a toy for a grown ass man, but I bought it.

At least with it being a pre-order, I've now got a few months to figure out how to explain to my wife what I just spent my money on.  Heaven help me if they release the Delta Valks here (the original 31J and 31C, anyway, I'm not crazy about the AX vresions).  I feel like I've just stepped onto a very slippery slope.

The DX toys are art come to life, design & engineering marvels that you can admire, touch and play with. A framed painting can be an expensive hobby too, but I'd argue you could do much less with it. :p  

9 hours ago, guyxxed said:

I always say it’s something I had stored away

and you can show her write ups or something how these frontier valks came out what? 10 years ago?

Edited by ErikElvis

• no3Ljm changed the title to DX Chogokin VF-25 Revival Ver (WWM Releases)
On 11/17/2022 at 1:22 PM, no3Ljm said:

Revealed at the Tamashii Nations 2022 Event:

image.jpeg.8961f6aefcd08da7cf930dd72350caf3.jpeg

image.jpeg.f712778ee903fbdd23717f393a8b4975.jpeg

image.jpeg.5c9f8de7677ad56af808a82ec9ee5460.jpeg

image.jpeg.58d453bd0125e4b1ccfa109835b47888.jpeg

image.jpeg.f839b0c1eba635f51bf0ca08eaa7266e.jpeg

image.jpeg.92c047391a36b0426f0092f81659584e.jpeg

I think Bandai had "revealed" their intentions for the -25G and several other releases at a previous event...

You can probably even make the argument that their release intentions were hinted heavily upon the launch of WWM....

1 hour ago, orbitalharvest said:

not sure if this has already been covered, but any indication of an ozma with either super or armor parts?  inside scoop anyone?

No official Bandai announcements yet. They've only been teasing by showing these displays during said events. In this recent Tamashii Nations 2022 event, Ozma's and Luca's units were displayed along side the 'Revival' versions of Alto's unit and the upcoming Michael's unit. Though on the nameplate under Ozma's and Luca's, it still says the 'Renewal' version. For now, one can only hope. :good: 

Edited by no3Ljm

24 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

No official Bandai announcements yet. They've only been teasing by showing these displays during said events. In this recent Tamashii Nations 2022 event, Ozma's and Luca's units were displayed along side the 'Revival' versions of Alto's unit and the upcoming Michael's unit. Though on the nameplate under Ozma's and Luca's, it still says the 'Renewal' version. For now, one can only hope. :good: 

oh damn!  good eye!  thanks for the info so far!

Have to second that, I just got my WWM release version, and while it might not be the tightest VF-25 I have, it looks like one of the best finished.  The lack of plastic shine really makes it stand out, and I love the scheme.

I'm also really hoping Bandai has just completely ditched the styrofoam packaging at this point, since both this and my Alto YF-29 re-release have been in normal clear plastic.  It's so much easier to unpack them when you can skip the extra bag, and I have to guess they've done this to help prevent the foam from off-gassing and contributing to plastic yellowing.

8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Have to second that, I just got my WWM release version, and while it might not be the tightest VF-25 I have, it looks like one of the best finished.  The lack of plastic shine really makes it stand out, and I love the scheme.

I'm also really hoping Bandai has just completely ditched the styrofoam packaging at this point, since both this and my Alto YF-29 re-release have been in normal clear plastic.  It's so much easier to unpack them when you can skip the extra bag, and I have to guess they've done this to help prevent the foam from off-gassing and contributing to plastic yellowing.

Bandai is still using styrofoam for DX Delta valks, which was disappointing to see when I opened up my Hayate and Mirage 31AX's. Really wish they'd stop. Maybe they'll move away from that with the next set of releases.... :unknw:

I was hoping Bandai had moved past 1980s packaging with the plastic trays on the 1/48 and 29 reissue, but then they went back to the accursed styrofoam trays.

Perhaps the styrofoam cartel is far more powerful than anyone anticipated. Thomas Midgely is smiling from the beyond.

Well, I guess that pretty much seals the deal. Now i hope they release all of the valkyries to include the VF-171 with fixed black squares and VF-171EX in all its flavors! VF-27 and VB-6

Twich

4 hours ago, twich said:

I too would love a redo VF-27 in either color with matte finish!

Twich

I would love if they actually improved the mold a bit too. The super and green one was basically a v1.5 with an improved hip/crotch, using the renewal VF-25 mechanism. But it still lacked the detail and refinement that the renewals had like panel lines and such, which they tried to compensate for by way overdoing the tampo printing, plastering random markings and stuff everywhere.

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I would love if they actually improved the mold a bit too. The super and green one was basically a v1.5 with an improved hip/crotch, using the renewal VF-25 mechanism. But it still lacked the detail and refinement that the renewals had like panel lines and such, which they tried to compensate for by way overdoing the tampo printing, plastering random markings and stuff everywhere.

Yes, improving the mold would be a welcome addition to the mold of the “renewal” VF-27. I would also hope that they would improve the VF-171 mold, such as the disintegration triangles and the exploding wing pins.

Twich

They could improve everything a ton by just stopping with the stupid "Some people don't like hardpoints" baloney.  On the HMR, ok, they're pretty chunky, but the removable wing garbage was one of the stupidest features of the 171.

I'd honestly just be happy if they re-released the existing mold with the wings permanently screwed on, missiles included in the box, and all of the crappy explodium plastic replaced with something sturdy.  It's always that metallic garbage with the mold swirls in it.. <_< 

If they could fix the janky hip swingbars while they're at it, I'd be thrilled, but I'm not counting on a re-design.

3 hours ago, MKT said:

The 171 CF was really the nicest color scheme for the whole 171 range, but I only got one and never transformed it till today because afraid of the exploding triangles. Would love to get multiples if they revived it. 

The only 171 that I have is the CF (agree with you on the color scheme) and I've never transformed it because I'm worried about exploding triangles.

Perhaps this should be on another thread, but on somewhat related note, the 171, or rather the earlier VF-17, made me realize that Kawamori's inspiration for his valks wasn't so much the actual production jets, but the earlier concepts of them. Some examples:

The VF-17 is often quoted to be based on the F-117 Nighthawk, but it really looks closer to its concept the Lockheed Have Blue.

The VF-4 emulates the SR-71, but it's likely more akin to the YF-12 on account of the extra downward stabilizers at the rear engines.

The VF-14 Vampire also looks heavily influenced by the SR-71, but apparently a very early concept of the SR-71 had the very same arrowhead-shaped nose.

Edited by MKT

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I’m only in with the Revival line if they’re going to do Mei’s VF-27y.

F889CFEA-A4EC-4B5E-AEAB-CC5BB071CD3D.jpeg.3cc3afe7d81aa4ae2ff11ccaff01173d.jpeg

I'm wondering, was this the only unreleased color scheme from Macross 30? Bandai appeared to be really going all in Frontier and 30 during that time, so its strange they left this one out.

3 hours ago, MKT said:

I'm wondering, was this the only unreleased color scheme from Macross 30? Bandai appeared to be really going all in Frontier and 30 during that time, so its strange they left this one out.

Aside from Mei’s white VF-27y Lucifer and what molds Bandai has, they left out Aisha’s pink VF-19E Excalibur and Leon’s teal YF-25 Prophecy. Not including the in-game color scheme options. Mina, on the other hand pilots a light blue VF-11B Thunderbolt.