DX Chogokin VF-25 Revival Ver (WWM Releases)

no3Ljm

35 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

WWM is stamped on the wings of the first worldwide valk:

DX超合金 VF-25メサイアバルキリー WORLDWIDE Anniv.

Or it could be W.M.M depending on how you look at it 😛

Kidding! Well that's silly, when their logo says "Macross WorldWide". Maybe they got it flipped... I honestly wouldn't put it past Bandai at this point since they have a past history of that.

Perhaps I've been reading the logo the wrong way and it actually says "WorldWide Macross Off Take" 😁

Edited by MacrossJunkie

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Or it could be W.M.M depending on how you look at it 😛

Kidding! Well that's silly, when their logo says "Macross WorldWide". Maybe they got it flipped... I honestly wouldn't put it past Bandai at this point since they have a past history of that.

Perhaps I've been reading the logo the wrong way and it actually says "WorldWide Macross Off Take" 😁

what!? Bandai flips the marking by mistake and claims its on purpose!?   no  they would never do that.. :p

since WWW is world wide web,, I guess WWM for world wide Macross sounds about right. 

For Bandai's staff explanation of their logo.   Japanese text is written from top to bottom, with multiple columns of text progressing from right to left.. 

So if you cut up the logo and go from right side first and top to bottom.  you will see WorldWide, then Macross, then Take, then Off.  :rofl:   

ok, ok,  "Macross" is split between column 2 and 3 , but since 4 of the letters is in the 2nd column we will round that off to the 2nd column instead of 3rd column.

same goes for the "Take" and "Off" 

:friends:

logo.png.e945ab037ed85bf21b1fba13617b105e.png

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

$100 markup for the US market. 

F U Bandai 

Yes, but EMS etc from Japan isn't cheap, and BBTS has like $4 shipping, so the difference when shipped could end up being about half that.  (it's actually a bit better deal than I was expecting---I was fully prepared for it to be a full $300 in the US)   

15 hours ago, F360 said:

what!? Bandai flips the marking by mistake and claims its on purpose!?   no  they would never do that.. :p

since WWW is world wide web,, I guess WWM for world wide Macross sounds about right. 

For Bandai's staff explanation of their logo.   Japanese text is written from top to bottom, with multiple columns of text progressing from right to left.. 

So if you cut up the logo and go from right side first and top to bottom.  you will see WorldWide, then Macross, then Take, then Off.  :rofl:   

ok, ok,  "Macross" is split between column 2 and 3 , but since 4 of the letters is in the 2nd column we will round that off to the 2nd column instead of 3rd column.

same goes for the "Take" and "Off" 

:friends:

logo.png.e945ab037ed85bf21b1fba13617b105e.png

So this logo has the VF-25, the YF-29 and the YF-19 on it.

Does that mean we will be getting a WWM YF-19 soon? Is the new YF-19 HG model kit marked as WWM release?

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

So this logo has the VF-25, the YF-29 and the YF-19 on it.

Does that mean we will be getting a WWM YF-19 soon? Is the new YF-19 HG model kit marked as WWM release?

hmm, the one on the logo looks more like a VF-31 than the YF-29.  so not really sure when they are going to do the WWM YF-19  maybe when they figure out the DX Chogokin yf-21?

4 minutes ago, F360 said:

hmm, the one on the logo looks more like a VF-31 than the YF-29.  so not really sure when they are going to do the WWM YF-19  maybe when they figure out the DX Chogokin yf-21?

Yeah, you are spot on on the VF-31. Didn’t parse the vertical stabilizers and canards correctly. Theory debunked. <_<

3 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Since BBTS is the only US retailer selling this, is it fair to say this is NOT a WWM release? I keep waiting on some other mainstay stores to list it and keep seeing nothing.

EDIT:

Well fudge me.

https://www.kappahobby.com/products/dx-chogokin-vf-25f-super-messiah-valkyrie-alto-saotome-custom-revival-ver

Wow! Free shipping to the US?!

4 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Since BBTS is the only US retailer selling this, is it fair to say this is NOT a WWM release? I keep waiting on some other mainstay stores to list it and keep seeing nothing.

EDIT:

Well fudge me.

https://www.kappahobby.com/products/dx-chogokin-vf-25f-super-messiah-valkyrie-alto-saotome-custom-revival-ver

Seeing that the store is located in the Bay Area, CA. You guys think they charge CA tax upon placing the order? Also, based on their pre-order policy, you will be charge as soon as they have confirmed your order in 1-2 days. So no pay later for pre-orders.

Edit: Scratch that. Looks like there's CA tax afterwards. So the DX Alto set total shipped to US-CA is $277.84.

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Seeing that the store is located in the Bay Area, CA. You guys think they charge CA tax upon placing the order? Also, based on their pre-order policy, you will be charge as soon as they have confirmed your order in 1-2 days. So no pay later for pre-orders.

Edit: Scratch that. Looks like there's CA tax afterwards. So the DX Alto set total shipped to US-CA is $277.84.

So if you're not in CA there is no tax?  I'm in NY so the CA won't matter for me.

Also, I don't see anywhere that is says they charge for your pre-order before they ship it.  Where did you see that?

Edited by Special Sauce

1 hour ago, Special Sauce said:

So if you're not in CA there is no tax?  I'm in NY so the CA won't matter for me.

Also, I don't see anywhere that is says they charge for your pre-order before they ship it.  Where did you see that?

I tried to put an item in the cart to see the cost. Also it looks like there still be CA tax even if you're in NY because you're ordering it from a store located in California.

As for the pre-order, I read their pre-order policy below:

https://www.kappahobby.com/pages/pre-order-policy

PRE-ORDER POLICY  

Pre-order  
Pre-order means purchasing an item before it is available, with the understanding that the item will be shipped at a later date.  

Payment  
Pre-order will be charge as soon as we have confirmed your order. Usually it will happen within 1-2 business days after we received your order.  

Release Date  
The release date of pre-order item is an estimate given by the manufacturers and that can be changed at any time. The release date information we have on our item page is for the US market which is usually 1 month after release date in Japan. We will update the item page regularly to keep the information up to date.  
Due to the supply chain issue and Los Angeles port congestion, all pre-order items may subject to 3-4 months delay past the original US release date.  

Cancellation  
We ask that customers place order only for item they are sure they want to buy to keep cancellations to a minimum.  

If you do not wish to wait for the item to release or would like to cancel your pre-order, please contact us as soon as possible. Any pre-order that hasn't been shipped can be cancelled with a 10% cancellation fees unless no cancellation is specified in the item description.  

Pre-orders can also be cancelled for reasons that out of our control including manufacturer cancellation of the item or factory production issues. In such events, full refund will be given due to such cancellation.  

Shipping  
Pre-order items will be shipped as soon as we received the shipment from the US distribution for US domestic order.  

For international order, pre-order will be shipped when all items of the order become available since we have calculated the shipping cost based on the total weight of all the items. If you would like them to be ship individually, please place separate orders for each item. You may also contact us to rearrange the shipment and extra shipping cost may be collected.  

You will receive an shipping notification with the tracking number as soon as your order is ready to ship.  

Contact  
For more information about our pre-order policy or if you have questions, please contact us by our contact us form, by e-mail at support@kappahobby.com or by mail using the details provided below:  

Kappa Hobby, 6748 Mission St #328, Daly City CA 94014, United States  

Last updated: 11/20/2021

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I tried to put an item in the cart to see the cost. Also it looks like there still be CA tax even if you're in NY because you're ordering it from a store located in California.

That's how that works, unfortunately. 

5 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

I’m ok with bbts. What’s ems from Japan? $50? I’ll pay an extra 50 for less hassle. 

My Nin-Nin order with EMS ended up being only $10 less than BBTS, but that's because I accidentally ordered in USD and Nin-Nin hit me with a $10 "exchange charge".

3 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

@nycc2022

20221006_132552.jpg.26e8c4e715195d4476382356247a9d64.jpg

Judging by that pic, it looks like they chose to display the 25F with the bendy PVC lasers. Why even bother including them at this point? Even the YF-29 reissue and Max's did away with them and only have the hard plastic ones.

Edit: wait, I think they did include the PVC ones with Alto's re-issue. I can't locate the box so can't confirm. 

Edited by MacrossJunkie

44 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Judging by that pic, it looks like they chose to display the 25F with the bendy PVC lasers. Why even bother including them at this point? Even the YF-29 reissue and Max's did away with them and only have the hard plastic ones.

Edit: wait, I think they did include the PVC ones with Alto's re-issue. I can't locate the box so can't confirm. 

good catch! I was all over the place today so i didnt get enough time to peruse and only to take some quick pics. First day is always the shopping day, lol.

1 hour ago, Angesdad said:

Hey, is that off-white, beige looking crotch piece supposed to be a part of the super pack? for someone who's never had one of these, the part looks unfinished and completely bland.:rolleyes:

Lol, bringing back the complaints from 10 years ago when these things were originally released!

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Sadly that is how it's supposed to look. Makes me wonder if the CG guys weren't given enough time to finish rendering and the producers just said eff it, let's just make the uncolored crotch piece canon. :unknw:

I now can't unsee that crotch piece. And I was planning to display this valk in Battroid. Guess I'll have to rotate it at least 45 degrees, in some kind of dynamic pose, so I don't have to look at it.

In my opinion, it doesn't look so bad if you give it a panel line wash to bring out the details. I don't have the supers for the 25F or S, but on the RVF and G, it doesn't look too bad after doing that, imo.

15150859689_ccf2219d36_k.jpg

15150929329_a56a3b188a_k.jpg

That said, I still prefer the crotch piece included with the armored parts as those are color matched.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

5 hours ago, Angesdad said:

Any information on the number of screws on the hip joint for this upcoming release? - I don't have a renewal version, did it come with one or three screws?

The Renewal has one screw. The Revival ver on the other hand, since it's not out yet, if it's going to use the update from the VF-25F Worldwide Release, then it's going to have 3 screws.