DX Chogokin VF-25 Revival Ver (WWM Releases)

no3Ljm

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Preorder will start on the 3rd of October, Japan time. Not sure yet if it's the traditional 4pm JPN time. If it is, and you're in the US, then that's 12mn Pacific, 1am Mountain, 2am Central, and 3am Eastern of the said same date. Hope that helps. :hi:

And for the upcoming Preorder links, best to add this thread below for notification. We're trying to keep all the PO concerns, links, etc, on the link below. Good luck on your first PO exprience. :good: 

Ty friend and lol I almost had a heart attack seeing yf-21 thinking that was just announced too lol.... 

T

4 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Is it possible to re-issue  VF-25G ?

perhaps bundle with new speaker pack 

attached under the wing likes this

35476262133_f4b67f040d_z.jpg

Pretty sure everything will get a WWM release....as long as it isn't from SDFM or DYRL....

Here is a recent Bandai display from a HK toy show....they seem to be insinuating that we will be getting many WWM releases at some point...including the VF-25G, HMR VF-4, HMR VF-2 and much more...

Edited by jvmacross

14 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Pretty sure everything will get a WWM release....as long as it isn't from SDFM or DYRL....

Here is a recent Bandai display from a HK toy show....they seem to be insinuating that we will be getting many WWM releases at some point...including the VF-25G, HMR VF-4, HMR VF-2 and much more...

That's actually a good point. Maybe these re-releases aren't so random after all and they're doing them for the worldwide market and just including the local JP market as well since they're already at it. 

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I notice all of those 25's in the case save Alto are still extremely shiny.

I'm guessing it's because Alto's the only one they've made any copies of with the new molds yet.

Hey, who knows.. they might actually mold Ozma's in all the right colors this time. :p  Also, it's really strange to say, but I wish they would base Michael's scheme off of the V.1 DX instead of the canon series.. I never understood why his was such an oddball.  The first DX had the entire lower half of the nose painted white.. but the canon scheme is just the gear doors? :blink:  It looks so much better being all painted together.

Edited by Chronocidal

Since I never got the renewal VF-25F or VF-25S, this might be a good thing if these get re-released as the VF-25F is with included Super Pack.  I am excited that these will potentially be available on such sites as BBTS and Amazon US.

Twich

Though a minor gripe, but it stood out to me the moment I saw it, those "No Step" markings they added seem kind of out-of-scale on the large side to me, like someone accidentally scaled them wrong. They look like were meant for 1/48 scale or something.

I looked at my other 1/60 scale Bandai valks just to see if I was crazy.

I looked at the ones that had No Steps which were the VF/YF-19, Max's YF-29, VF-31s, YF-30, and VF-171s and theirs seem much smaller in comparison to the MWW Alto 25's.

Anyone else get that impression? If those markings really are as big as they seem, I hope they fix it for future releases. If not, then nvm, nothing to see here 😄

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Though a minor gripe, but it stood out to me the moment I saw it, those "No Step" markings they added seem kind of out-of-scale on the large side to me, like someone accidentally scaled them wrong. They look like were meant for 1/48 scale or something.

I looked at my other 1/60 scale Bandai valks just to see if I was crazy.

I looked at the ones that had No Steps which were the VF/YF-19, Max's YF-29, VF-31s, YF-30, and VF-171s and theirs seem much smaller in comparison to the MWW Alto 25's.

Anyone else get that impression? If those markings really are as big as they seem, I hope they fix it for future releases. If not, then nvm, nothing to see here 😄

It wouldn't be Bandai if they didn't manage to take (at least) a step backwards for every one forwards. :p 

Edited by Chronocidal

well that was easy got my DX Alto  Order at AmiAmi and Im back to collecting Macross Valks lol :D

WOW! I just realize maybe I was just lucky in pressing the F5 in the correct moment, is sold out now in Ami and HLJ   

Edited by Alex GS

48 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

In 10 years we'll get a reissue with the scaling of the no step markings fixed. 

It'll be called the Recycled version, in keeping with the naming convention. 

Except one wing will have "NO STEP" markings and the other will have "ꟼƎTƧ OИ" to maintain visual symmetry :p

56 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Isn't this a ww release?  We should see domestic at some point.

Yes, but the markup on a valk+supers combo pack could be substantial.  Especially if they decide to use a "traditional" USD-to-Yen rate, and not "what it actually is now, and is predicted to be next spring".   I was going to wait for a US release, especially as it may be easier to get support if Bandai'd----but the more I thought, the more I leaned towards "well, if I'm going to possibly save the better part of a hundred bucks, I may as well at least try to get a pre-order in tonight".   

Also, and even more importantly IMHO---Alto's -25 is FAR more popular than the other wwm releases.  Sure, it's not a Roy 1S, but it's the most visible/popular valk of the last 20 years I'd say.   It may sell out quickly in the US.   

Now that i was able to secure my preorder(i think first time in the history of macross toys for me) the real question is...

What i am going to do with my original Alto VF-25F?

it's a bit yellowed so the best solution would be to put some armored parts on  and leave it in battroid mode. Problem is...How much are armored parts these days? Do i need to sell a kidney and lung to buy a set or one internal organ should be enough?

34 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Custom livery. 

I actually did consider that but unfortunately my first attempt to customize a Valkyrie this summer ended tragically. It was an old 1/48 VF-1 from yamato that completely yellowed and i decided to give it a try. It didn't turn out well. Although i have some skills as a modeler since i have been building gunpla since the 90s i feel this would be way beyond my abilities.

In the end i will just probably will just save it for later or for an easy diorama.

10 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Yes, but the markup on a valk+supers combo pack could be substantial.  Especially if they decide to use a "traditional" USD-to-Yen rate, and not "what it actually is now, and is predicted to be next spring".   I was going to wait for a US release, especially as it may be easier to get support if Bandai'd----but the more I thought, the more I leaned towards "well, if I'm going to possibly save the better part of a hundred bucks, I may as well at least try to get a pre-order in tonight".   

Also, and even more importantly IMHO---Alto's -25 is FAR more popular than the other wwm releases.  Sure, it's not a Roy 1S, but it's the most visible/popular valk of the last 20 years I'd say.   It may sell out quickly in the US.   

I see your point but I'm on the cusp of 42 and refuse to play the late night pre-order bull-crap anymore.