DX Chogokin VF-25 Revival Ver (WWM Releases)

no3Ljm

Since Bandai showed another Revival figure in the form of VF-25G (Michael's) and a glimpse of RVF-25 in one of the photo, it's best to rename this thread from 'DX VF-25F Super Messiah Revival Ver (Alto Saotome) WWM Release' to 'DX Chogokin VF-25 Revival Ver (WWM Releases)'.

https://tamashii.jp/item/14151/

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Revealed at the Tamashii Nations 2022 Event:

image.jpeg.8961f6aefcd08da7cf930dd72350caf3.jpeg

image.jpeg.f712778ee903fbdd23717f393a8b4975.jpeg

image.jpeg.5c9f8de7677ad56af808a82ec9ee5460.jpeg

image.jpeg.58d453bd0125e4b1ccfa109835b47888.jpeg

image.jpeg.f839b0c1eba635f51bf0ca08eaa7266e.jpeg

image.jpeg.92c047391a36b0426f0092f81659584e.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

• no3Ljm changed the title to DX VF-25F Super Messiah (Alto Saotome) Revival Ver.
  • no3Ljm changed the title to DX VF-25F Super Messiah Revival Ver (Alto Saotome) WWM Release
37 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Wow, a third release for Alto's 25, but with supers this time. This seems rather random and out of the blue.

It's one of the ones that they have good molds for and can sell outside of Japan. Since they can't sell the VF-1, the VF-25 is probably the next best thing. Especially if someone picks up the international rights to Frontier.

I am 100% down, Alto's VF-25 is the first Macross figure I bought (used super pack V1 from Mandarake on a trip), and the last of the VF-25s I got in V2.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Dang...the new matte ish finish is tempting me...i have 2 of the renewals...one with fast pack and one without (well i have the heavy armor for him but never used it).  Hoping the yen stays weak.  This Dx with supers is gonna cost me less than the R word releases god of flame lol.  What kinda world is this!?  Lol.  Think i am in.

7 hours ago, seti88 said:

10153639a.jpg.b5e6a41135c6e0c386265c3ba738f301.jpg

10153639a2.jpg.4fae9ccf90e4102113e6fc50e83d48ee.jpg

Lets see....spot the differences...

1) SMS markings on leg shin are now centered compared to last.

2) No step markings now on the wings.

Look at the area between the neck and shoulder joint.  The new one is more level than the renewal version.  Maybe it is something that has been fixed? 

25 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Just hope the hips don’t get loosey goosey like the MWW release.  The joints started out great, nice and tight. Now the just flail in the wind.

Bandai QC, where are you?

Your MWW is already that loose? How often have you transformed it?

I did want one of these about 7 years ago. But many were starting to yellow then and I felt uneasy about getting a used one. So I eventually got the recent WWM release (post-release) just to have one. It the Yen stays relatively week, I may get this one and be done with it...  And get some Kiki...

I have two of Alto's 25F and they're both as white as the day I got them, as far as I can tell anyway. I don't need the matte finish on this new release since I clear coated my own with one. I don't have the supers though and that's the only thing I would gain out of this release, but as @Lolicon said, the QC has been questionable lately and I don't want the supers enough to risk it. 

I really wish they would've actually made some updates to this, like reinforcing the hinges and ball joints, and created some locking mechanisms for battroid. I'll most likely be keeping my renewal version, but I will say that I do like the matte finish. I'll probably get one from Japan, just for that exchange rate.