Bandai High Grade 1/100 YF-19 model kit

kajnrig

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

They've stocked and sold a bunch of recent Macross stuff - WWM toys, the SD toys I forget the name of the line, VFG kits, etc. Everything BUT stuff with the UN Spacy roundel, which is why I suspect it's an HG issue (but even then there's the exception of the HMR VF-0S...).

Good to know on Gundam Planet.

I don’t know why the hg YF-19 is being treated differently than the toys and older items, but strangely it is. I noticed that gundam planet also has the decals, so I ordered 2 sets of each since I got one off hlj already. Although I guess these won’t be here til late February. Also it’s a bit pricey. It’s probably still way more cost effective to wait and see if hlj gets extras in stock on release day

15 hours ago, kajnrig said:

I emailed HLJ an hour ago about the possibility of upping per-order quantities and got promptly but politely shut down. :lol:

It isn't their fault.  Bandai sends whatever amount they deem fit regardless or pre-order numbers.

15 hours ago, kajnrig said:

I emailed USAGS about whether they'll stock it as well. We'll see what their answer is.

Their response:

"Thanks for reaching out to us! We are planning on stocking this item however we don't currently have a projected date for when we will receive the item. Make sure to follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter for updates on new and projected product releases!"

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Their response:

"Thanks for reaching out to us! We are planning on stocking this item however we don't currently have a projected date for when we will receive the item. Make sure to follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter for updates on new and projected product releases!"

I’m actually surprised about that since they hadn’t put it up for preorder yet. It’s good to see that there will be other sources for these kits 

46 minutes ago, Hikuro said:

It’s gonna be a heavy parts former from what I’ve been seeing. However I ordered 2!

I hope we get more than just this, considering bandais track history hasn’t exactly been great for Macross kits. 

They are teasing a VF-29. Hopefully they finish off plus soon. I like the stuff from frontier and delta, but not as excited for them. 

1 hour ago, Big s said:

They are teasing a VF-29. Hopefully they finish off plus soon. I like the stuff from frontier and delta, but not as excited for them. 

Bandais Siegfried kits weren’t bad, a definite step up from the floppy VF-25 kits. But I was sorely disappointed in dropping the VF-1 after 1 kit. 

41 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I messaged BBTS about the missing additional waterslides.

Cool, let me know what they say. I’ve got a couple friends on the fence about where to order from.  I told them gundam planet has them, but they’re more loyal to bbts and the pile of loot system. They said they’d rather just order everything from one source 

8 hours ago, Big s said:

They have the kit and decals. Oddly I couldn’t find the decals at either usags or bbts

BBTS got back to me this morning.  They claim they weren't solicited for the decals but they're going to reach out to their team and see why not.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

It’s been up at hlj for a while, but the problem is that there’s only 1 per person of the kit and the decals. It’s great if you just want the one kit, but for those that want to display all three modes, then the Stateside stores are a bit better of an option, even if they are a higher price. There’s also the choice of waiting for release day to get multiples if hlj allows that at that time.

44 minutes ago, badboy00z said:

I'll just wait for my local Hobby Town USA to get it in. 

I like hobby town. They seem hit and miss with what they get in, but they come through with some interesting items. Lately they’ve been getting a lot of regular Bandai items, so I wouldn’t be too surprised if the got this kit and the decals as well 

On 10/29/2022 at 2:46 AM, Big s said:

I like hobby town. They seem hit and miss with what they get in, but they come through with some interesting items. Lately they’ve been getting a lot of regular Bandai items, so I wouldn’t be too surprised if the got this kit and the decals as well 

My HT is a "flagship" Gundam store so they have a pretty good selection compared to before. They even have "3rd party" Chinese kits. And with these being WWM release they are sure to get them in. 

6 hours ago, badboy00z said:

My HT is a "flagship" Gundam store so they have a pretty good selection compared to before. They even have "3rd party" Chinese kits. And with these being WWM release they are sure to get them in. 

A decade ago , I would have been very doubtful. Lately though, they’ve really come through with unexpected products.

It looks like it can magically change sizes. In on picture it looks huge and the next super compact. The perspective is entertaining here.

At 1/100 I was aware that it will be nice and small for my limited future display area. I just like the reality bending of those pics 

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, lechuck said:

Magazine scans and what I assume is some background info on how the YF-19 was designed.

7975A54A-0BE9-4A99-8690-F7CD46FAE5D5.jpeg.db17acec8f7d60f0a0160964922be9bf.jpeg

2ED7ACF8-A81C-4C18-B3EE-9C4F52F5234F.jpeg.3cb45939bb82cb826cdc80b981a7eb9a.jpeg

DX Chogokin Team should take a cue from HG Team regarding their YF-21. :good: 

3 Modes. Lineart accurate. Diecast partsformer. :spiteful:

• 1 month later...