Bandai High Grade 1/100 YF-19 model kit

kajnrig

1 hour ago, Kevin C said:

WHAT?! Its available for pre-order?! 👌👌 Thanks @Kevin C

*silly me saw winter 2023 as next december 🤪*

ok will see if anywhere else is cheaper but HLJ seems good...

Edited by seti88

I was stuck with the swirly at the processing order part for a while. I think everything finally went through. They only allow 1per order, which is kinda annoying for what I want to do with this but I also expected it since that’s how they do all the other Bandai kits lately 

10 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Might have a tough time if you’re not in Japan, since not too many others allow sale outside of Japan on these kits

1 minute ago, Big s said:

Might have a tough time if you’re not in Japan, since not too many others allow sale outside of Japan on these kits

Yeah went w HLJ since its just a kit and any savings wont be too significant...

on another side note...looks like the next HG might be a 29...

macross_03.jpg.46b048b7dbd1691ae6dacc8e30d8e2b3.jpg

4 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Yeah went w HLJ since its just a kit and any savings wont be too significant...

on another side note...looks like the next HG might be a 29...

macross_03.jpg.46b048b7dbd1691ae6dacc8e30d8e2b3.jpg

29 is cool, but not one of my favorites. I’d have to really love the look of the kit for that one. I was hoping they’d stick to plus for a while and he the vf-11 and yf-21 . Hopefully they’ll return to plus and maybe do something else interesting like Macross2 . I don’t know how likely it would be to do the og stuff, but I wouldn’t mind a vf1 either.

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

Elaborating on the release date, the  images you posted after say:

Re: HG 1/100 YF-19 Water decals: "Planned release date: Jan. 2023."

17 minutes ago, sketchley said:

Thanks, sure helps being a collector of all merchandise japanese, being able to read kanji/hiragana/katakana. 👍 👍

*not to mention 2023 and 1.😂

and for everything else, there is always macrossworld ^_^:yahoo:

Edited by seti88

19 minutes ago, sketchley said:

According to hlj both the kit and decals will be released at the end of this coming January 

Is HLJ really the only place right now that's taking preorders? And with such a strict order limit, too... I had hoped that the "cessation of hostilities" between Big West, Tatsunoko, and Harmony Gold would allow for more merchandise to relatively easily make it to international markets, but it seems that's not the case. Or maybe international stores are just opening up preorders later? Maybe this is due to Bandai's ongoing production limitations? Egh... Whatever the case may be, here's hoping whatever wheels need greasing get greased.

If the recently-announced YF-29 kit gets a broader release than the YF-19, one can probably assume that the major issue holding back the YF-19 was the longstanding Tatsunoko/HG rights/licenses and not so much any production or logistics problems...

What a bummer.

5 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Is HLJ really the only place right now that's taking preorders? And with such a strict order limit, too... I had hoped that the "cessation of hostilities" between Big West, Tatsunoko, and Harmony Gold would allow for more merchandise to relatively easily make it to international markets, but it seems that's not the case. Or maybe international stores are just opening up preorders later? Maybe this is due to Bandai's ongoing production limitations? Egh... Whatever the case may be, here's hoping whatever wheels need greasing get greased.

If the recently-announced YF-29 kit gets a broader release than the YF-19, one can probably assume that the major issue holding back the YF-19 was the longstanding Tatsunoko/HG rights/licenses and not so much any production or logistics problems...

What a bummer.

The difficulty isn’t as much this being a Macross item as much as it is a Bandai kit. They still have an issue with allowing other sites to sell their kits outside of Japan. That’s really the main issue here. The secondary one is that I don’t think that this will be a world wide release. That may make hlj the only place that I’ve found to get these. This doesn’t seem to be a super hot item like a dx toy, and they do get regular shipments of kits so they may have quite a few extras at day of sale or at least will do more orders after the initial preorders are filled. Unfortunately that probably means no discount for extras.

I do hope I’m wrong and U.S. stores are allowed to carry these kits and decals, but I haven’t seen any yet. U.S.A. Gundam Store already had preorders for the new gundam and kyoukai senki along with all the other standard releases earlier this weekend before hlj even listed them. The only items they didn’t list were the decals and YF-19 kit.

8 hours ago, kajnrig said:

What a bummer.

HLJ got exclusive rights to sell it internationally out of japan?

Or margins on kits to be razor thin, so shops like hobby search or ami choose which kits to carry?

Pure speculation here anyway..

But there were reports of scalper prices appearing in amazon JP..first time for a macross kit?...😂

Edited by seti88

30 minutes ago, seti88 said:

HLJ got exclusive rights to sell it internationally out of japan?

Or margins on kits to be razor thin, so shops like hobby search or ami choose which kits to carry?

Pure speculation here anyway..

But there were reports of scalper prices appearing in amazon JP..first time for a macross kit?...😂

No, it’s a mix of two issues. Bandai doesn’t Allow sellers to even sell gundam kits outside of Japan unless they have an American website like hlj and amiami. And then American stores have to deal with harmony gold not allowing certain items in their stores. Amiami didn’t have this kit listed last night, but may have it showing soon or just not at all. The situation for both Bandai kits and Macross licensing are what led to hlj possibly being the only one showing this item. Hobbysearch hasn’t even been able to show gundam kits in their gundam kits section for a while now. 
It’s the fact that this particular item falls under two difficult categories. One, it’s a Bandai model kit and two, it’s not a wwm release.

due to the restrictions on the first by Bandai you are only allowed one purchase of the kit and decals for the kit which adds to the complication for my plans of buying two or three of these to have displayed in each mode 

4 hours ago, Big s said:

They still have an issue with allowing other sites to sell their kits outside of Japan. That’s really the main issue here.

Bandai doesn’t Allow sellers to even sell gundam kits outside of Japan unless they have an American website like hlj and amiami.

I'd really like to know the details of their new rules for sellers like HLJ (and previously, Amiami/Hobbysearch/etc.), stores that service the international market but are based in Japan, because I was under the impression that Bandai's main decree was to keep per-order quantities to a minimum, ie to keep Japanese stock circulating mainly throughout Japan. It makes sense for them, in order to get "clean" sales/demand numbers for those expanding markets. I didn't realize it was necessary to have American websites or whatnot.

I still suspect that HG licensing fees are the bigger reason we're not seeing this in US stores at the moment. I wonder, if we contacted both HLJ and Bandai, would we be able to get them to lift their current distribution limits for just this one item specifically...? :lol: If they just would like to stick it to HG rather than pay whatever licensing fee they're demanding, I am completely here for it... but I WOULD like some more YF-19 plz n thx u.

58 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I'd really like to know the details of their new rules for sellers like HLJ (and previously, Amiami/Hobbysearch/etc.), stores that service the international market but are based in Japan, because I was under the impression that Bandai's main decree was to keep per-order quantities to a minimum, ie to keep Japanese stock circulating mainly throughout Japan. It makes sense for them, in order to get "clean" sales/demand numbers for those expanding markets. I didn't realize it was necessary to have American websites or whatnot.

I still suspect that HG licensing fees are the bigger reason we're not seeing this in US stores at the moment. I wonder, if we contacted both HLJ and Bandai, would we be able to get them to lift their current distribution limits for just this one item specifically...? :lol: If they just would like to stick it to HG rather than pay whatever licensing fee they're demanding, I am completely here for it... but I WOULD like some more YF-19 plz n thx u.

Honestly I don’t know the absolute criteria for the U.S. stores in Macross plus. Bandai was able to allow stuff for delta, frontier and zero and American theaters were allowed to show the movie

1 minute ago, Chronocidal said:

Ok, that's unexpected.  For $30, I'll bite. ^_^  Even if I never transform it, that's cheap enough to warrant rebuilding the feet, and this will likely make a nice unobtrusive display for my desk at work.

I don’t think the front of the foot looks bad, the heel is a bit big looking, but I’m having a hard time finding references for the back side in battroid. Maybe even keep it simple with a 3D printed replacement for the fighter. Or possibly just for the heel, but I think a full replacement for the fighter would look great 

13 minutes ago, Big s said:

I don’t think the front of the foot looks bad, the heel is a bit big looking, but I’m having a hard time finding references for the back side in battroid. Maybe even keep it simple with a 3D printed replacement for the fighter. Or possibly just for the heel, but I think a full replacement for the fighter would look great 

This is about the clearest picture I can find of the back of the foot, and I think unfortunately there's a fair bit of magic going on in general.

1289729594_ss(2022-10-03at09_55.50).png.d36eecf20c35a16aad014a184485c94f.png

Problem is, then in fighter mode it has to morph into this:

1586557745_ss(2022-10-03at09_58.01).png.84de10adf46f6005354ecf27e582de36.png

If I'm being fair, I think they got the shape of the whole foot mostly right, but it's way too big.  The toe looks good as a foot, but has the same oversize issue the DX YF-19 and VF-19 Advance have, it just doesn't fit into the leg.  The bigger problem with the heel is that the heel hinge needs to be relocated, and have its range of motion doubled.  Right now, the heel is only rotating halfway to where it's supposed to be, with the ground-contact surface of the heel becoming a horizontal panel in-line with the exhaust.

I think that actually would be the best solution, a complete foot replacement for fighter mode.  I can appreciate the animation accuracy for battroid, and the bigger proportions, but nothing about that works even slightly for fighter mode.

For all of the ankle issues Yamato and Arcadia had with their VF-19/YF-19 feet, I still think they managed the best balance between modes.  They got the right shape for both the toe and heel, and they're undersized just enough collapse inside of the leg.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Ok, that's unexpected.  For $30, I'll bite. ^_^  Even if I never transform it, that's cheap enough to warrant rebuilding the feet, and this will likely make a nice unobtrusive display for my desk at work.

^this! a nicely priced mini display ^_^

8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I think that actually would be the best solution, a complete foot replacement for fighter mode.  I can appreciate the animation accuracy for battroid, and the bigger proportions, but nothing about that works even slightly for fighter mode.

Obviously, the solution here is to just get the Hasegawa alongside this one. :lol:

29 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Obviously, the solution here is to just get the Hasegawa alongside this one. :lol:

I think that unfortunately wouldn’t mesh well. The scale aside, Hasegawa tends to try to be more real world in detail and Bandai tends to be more anime simplistic. It’s too bad wave didn’t do a 1/100 YF-19 since they also tend to be more anime simple.

• 3 weeks later...

I've never bought from Gundam Planet, but they have a preorder page up ($48.95 preorder, $50.95 regular); https://www.gundamplanet.com/hg-1-100-yf-19.html

I emailed USAGS about whether they'll stock it as well. We'll see what their answer is. Any other places I should inquire?

I emailed HLJ an hour ago about the possibility of upping per-order quantities and got promptly but politely shut down. :lol:

35 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I've never bought from Gundam Planet, but they have a preorder page up ($48.95 preorder, $50.95 regular); https://www.gundamplanet.com/hg-1-100-yf-19.html

I emailed USAGS about whether they'll stock it as well. We'll see what their answer is. Any other places I should inquire?

I emailed HLJ an hour ago about the possibility of upping per-order quantities and got promptly but politely shut down. :lol:

I really doubt usags will carry this. They had preorders for all the gundam stuff and  30 minutes missions and a few other items that were available at the same time as this a few days before Japan put up their preorders. The only items missing from the were the hg YF-19 and the decals for it. They had the gundam ones , but not the Macross  ones. 
Oddly, I think they did have the hasegawa Macross kits, just not the Bandai.

I personally have ordered from Gundam Planet and had a pretty good experience. I haven’t used them in over a year, but I got what I ordered and packed well. I don’t think I’ve seen the yf-19 at any other stateside sites. Thanks for the heads up

Edited by Big s

6 hours ago, Big s said:

Oddly, I think they did have the hasegawa Macross kits, just not the Bandai.

They've stocked and sold a bunch of recent Macross stuff - WWM toys, the SD toys I forget the name of the line, VFG kits, etc. Everything BUT stuff with the UN Spacy roundel, which is why I suspect it's an HG issue (but even then there's the exception of the HMR VF-0S...).

Good to know on Gundam Planet.