Bandai High Grade 1/100 YF-19 model kit

kajnrig

2 minutes ago, Bolt said:

I didn't look at the product details, so it's not gonna scale to HMR?

I'm just assuming that since it will be 1/100 scale that it won't be exactly to scale with a HMR VF-1.  It will probably look good with HMR either way.

I'm going to guess it won't be more than partially transforming at 1/100 scale. Their transforming kits are all 1/72, and squeezing the transformation of a YF-19 into 1/100 in a model kit is going to be difficult.

Might be doing it the same way as Tomytek multi-mode kits, or the semi-transforming Aochima VFG line?

Edited by Sanity is Optional

I’m curious about it. If it looks cool, I’ll buy it. I think Bandai has come a long way with kits lately. I’d prefer non transforming, but I’d imagine they’re gonna do some type of transformation gimmick if all three modes are represented. And I bet the yf 21 would be soon after. It be wishful thinking, but I would love that power armor from the intro as well as a vf 11.

since it’s plus, I’d imagine they can easily sell it stateside as a bonus 

I think the YF-19 transformation will be much better than their old 1/100 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie and Blazer and possibly their HM VF-19 Fire Valkyrie and Blazer.  I hope it looks good in all 3 modes.

Edited by sh9000

6 hours ago, lechuck said:

Will keep a watch on this, anything that is MG 1/100 compatible automatically has my interest.

Not too phased about perfect transformation or not, but do hope the three modes look nice and that Battroid has a good amount of articulation.

That’s my hope as well. I really don’t want awkward compromises with transformation over looks. It is Bandai and I’m pretty sure they’ll do the partsforming here and there at the very least

10 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Maybe Bandai gave up trying to make Hi-Metal R YF-19 work so they just decided to make a model kit

i thk its the other way around..bandai can use this to test mold/fittings and what works can be optimized for HMR, if ever there was a release...

As usual with Bandai the gimmicks take priority and lineart accurate sculpt and proportions get left on the design room floor.
This being 1/100 I wouldn't surprised if it isn't further ruined by RG style layered injection joints made of unpaintable and unglueable materials like PP/PE/POM.

So glad I scored the Wave 1/100 Battroid resin kit on Y!J last year. At least that's easier to fiddle with if anything is off.

18 minutes ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

As usual with Bandai the gimmicks take priority and lineart accurate sculpt and proportions get left on the design room floor.
This being 1/100 I wouldn't surprised if it isn't further ruined by RG style layered injection joints made of unpaintable and unglueable materials like PP/PE/POM.

So glad I scored the Wave 1/100 Battroid resin kit on Y!J last year. At least that's easier to fiddle with if anything is off.

Most of their newer kits have avoided the un paintable materials. I haven’t noticed any un glue able materials on any kits I’ve worked on.

I don’t know how rg this will be, but their hg kits have really come a long way in ease of build and stability. I do doubt this will look as good as some of the older garage kits though 

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Can anyone scale the battroid and gerwalk figures and do an overlay? Not sure if those look to be the same legs, hard to tell with the scale being different.

I scaled down 10% Fighter and Gerwalk to match Battroid legs.

bandai_1-100_YF19.jpg.6e9b95deecdb8729fedd4842ac233698.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know why they felt the need to go 1/100.. and not match anything else they've made in the past ten years. <_<  Seriously, I've had easier times unscrambling gordian spaghetti code than trying to comprehend Bandai's thought processes.

This does look like a completely modern mold though, judging by all the color breaks and what we can see of the assembly in that mold picture.  I'm just really wondering if they're going to even try and do a perfect transformation, or just give up and parts swap the torso.