How does the ejection seat of a Variable Fighter work in Battroid Mode?

I can picture a system where the head is blown off by explosive bolts in battroid mode for the VF-1 before the ejection and the VF-19 using it's battroid mode egress hatch as the ejection path for the ejection seat but how does it work for a VF like the VF-25 Messiah or the SV-262hs since I can't picture how the ejection seat would fire off safely.

55 minutes ago, cheemingwan1234 said:

I can picture a system where the head is blown off by explosive bolts in battroid mode for the VF-1 before the ejection and the VF-19 using it's battroid mode egress hatch as the ejection path for the ejection seat but how does it work for a VF like the VF-25 Messiah or the SV-262hs since I can't picture how the ejection seat would fire off safely.

So, there are typically a couple different modes of ejection for a Valkyrie... ones using just the ejection seat itself, and one that punches the cockpit block off as a lifeboat of sorts.

On the VF-25, the orientation of the cockpit in Battroid mode puts it on the Valkyrie's back with the canopy facing outwards.  Battroid mode ejection is not described in detail, but it seems fairly likely that the ejection path is horizontal or a horizontal kick backwards through the ejected canopy and then up using the boosters in the EX-Gear.  The Sv-262 has a fairly similar orientation, so its ejection is likely similar.  (It's possible this involves explosively separating the plate holding the wings on as well.)

11 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

So, there are typically a couple different modes of ejection for a Valkyrie... ones using just the ejection seat itself, and one that punches the cockpit block off as a lifeboat of sorts.

On the VF-25, the orientation of the cockpit in Battroid mode puts it on the Valkyrie's back with the canopy facing outwards.  Battroid mode ejection is not described in detail, but it seems fairly likely that the ejection path is horizontal or a horizontal kick backwards through the ejected canopy and then up using the boosters in the EX-Gear.  The Sv-262 has a fairly similar orientation, so its ejection is likely similar.  (It's possible this involves explosively separating the plate holding the wings on as well.)

Thanks.

On 8/25/2022 at 10:17 PM, Seto Kaiba said:

Alternate take: it ejects them straight into the backplate, splattering them. O.o

*excellent motivation to not put yourself into a position where you have to eject!*

2 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Alternate take: it ejects them straight into the backplate, splattering them. O.o

*excellent motivation to not put yourself into a position where you have to eject!*

Ejection seat failures are pretty upsettingly lethal... what happened to Goose in Top Gun is truth in television.

2 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Ejection seat failures are pretty upsettingly lethal... what happened to Goose in Top Gun is truth in television.

On the other hand, riding the jet into a mountain is also upsettingly lethal. Goose wasn't any worse off.

An ejection seat is a chance at survival.

2 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Talk to me Goose...

I can't, Mav, I'm dead!

1 hour ago, JB0 said:

On the other hand, riding the jet into a mountain is also upsettingly lethal. Goose wasn't any worse off.

I can't, Mav, I'm dead!

C'mon Goose! When did that ever stop you? You had a great career on ER, and even got to be Brains on the live action Thunderbirds movie!!!

Edited by pengbuzz

2 hours ago, JB0 said:

Then again, perhaps riding it down might not be so bad if they were in a VF, considering how tough they make em!

• 4 weeks later...

In Episode 11 “First Contact, of SDFM, Hikaru ejects from his VF-1J in Battroid mode. Head pops off and the seated pilot is propelled straight upwards.

EDIT:  oops, I missed this thread was primarily looking at some later valks.

Edited by VT-102