HMR Super VF-1S Hikaru Ichijo Use

jvmacross

13 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Really hope they overproduce this one....

Probably will....since this is NOT eligible for a WWM release, the production numbers should compensate for this snafu....either Bandai, armed with some freash data on "world" demand will up their production, or at minimum, will simply release what they normally do, which already factors in sales outside of Japan to some degree...

Either way, PO Madness Night is Back!!!  Thanks BW/HG!!!

15 hours ago, jvmacross said:

This is the first release in a long while that has not been either WWM, Tamashii websclusive or more or less an easy PO.....was getting kind of used to easy PO's....PO night might be interesting again....:rolleyes:

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought the WWM thing only applies to characters from after Macross Plus. I have heard that we will never get a WWM release of a SDFM/DYRL/Macross Plus figures. So this being pre-order madness again is not a surprise as far as I know.

WWM = All NON-SDFM/DYRL Macross series are eligible for release/export outside of Japan w/o HG's blessing-licensing

HG still holds control on what can be released outside of Japan for anything related to SDFM/DYRL ONLY....

So for fans of the original Macross....nothing has changed...you still need to PO directly from Japan...

On 8/25/2022 at 7:50 PM, Chronocidal said:

Really hope they overproduce this one, because I could use.. oh, about ten sets of the super packs.  Would really prefer they just release them separately, but I've pretty much given up hope of ever getting a decent supply of the packs for the rest of my HMRs.

What about just tracking down the original Hi Metal super packs from several years ago? That's what I ended up doing, and there's a bunch on Mandarake right now. The arm armor is not TV accurate, but the color is good. 

Edited by ScrambledValkyrie

58 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

If Bandai were to go a different direction with the packaging I wouldn't mind if they homaged these.

4F23B8B0-ED14-484E-86DD-A8885C9FB9C5.jpeg.7aaf86012c21dd3e832c5fdec9bb7f8c.jpeg

E03F3FF9-49A3-473C-860C-74A0C515E703.jpeg.b8b7f0aa5af2e36ddbfaeabfd1273c71.jpeg

Otherwise yeah I'm also looking forward to another one of Tenjin's cool artwork on the package.

I would ride that boat along with you sh9000.

Bandai should totally resurrect the Takatoku style boxes with foam inserts.

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

If Luna Park's price was cheaper I'd buy all of my spares that I plan on opening there since there's a chance the packaging would arrive damaged.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

If Luna Park wasn't showing the same warning signs as NY, I might order from them.

And this is why I don't order from LP....

Yeah, I'm still waiting on them to send me my second Mirage 31AX.  They don't seem interested in getting around to filling orders on any sort of schedule, so I'm not feeling obliged to give them any more money.

To be fair, I haven't directly contacted them, because I'm in no rush, and I'm conducting an experiment to see how long they actually take with no reminder.  The Hayate release was a month late or so, but it arrived without any other issues, so I'm interested to get a hard number on how much longer they're taking now.

Edited by Chronocidal

Of my 5 that I ordered I think I'll have 1 HMR VF-1S TV Hikaru available with everything and packaging except the Super Parts so if anyone wants it I'll offer it to that person or list it in the for sale section later.

26 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Of my 5 that I ordered I think I'll have 1 HMR VF-1S TV Hikaru available with everything and packaging except the Super Parts so if anyone wants it I'll offer it to that person or list it in the for sale section later.

It’s tempting. I kinda wanted a second one for a Roy tv one, but I also wanted it to give the extra super packs to one of my 1a’s. How much were you thinking about selling it for?

I'm not feeling like I need more than one just yet, but I think I might try and get two more on release if they're available.  I'm thinking of what I can do with a few extra sets of the packs, and realized that I could entirely fix Bandai's "choices" on the HMR M&M super packs... give them the right arm packs, and swap out all of those weird white parts with the green ones.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm not feeling like I need more than one just yet, but I think I might try and get two more on release if they're available.  I'm thinking of what I can do with a few extra sets of the packs, and realized that I could entirely fix Bandai's "choices" on the HMR M&M super packs... give them the right arm packs, and swap out all of those weird white parts with the green ones.

And immediately after you buy those extra sets, Bandai will announce a revised M&M set with correct colors, arm packs, and baby pod accessory. Because infants are known for their ability to withstand high Gs. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

And immediately after you buy those extra sets, Bandai will announce a revised M&M set with correct colors, arm packs, and baby pod accessory. Because infants are known for their ability to withstand high Gs. :lol:

I’d be happy if they just did an accessory pack. Just worried it’d be a web exclusive, only available in Japan 

12 hours ago, Big s said:

It’s tempting. I kinda wanted a second one for a Roy tv one, but I also wanted it to give the extra super packs to one of my 1a’s. How much were you thinking about selling it for?

Maybe like $50 plus part of the cost of shipping.